I Fly Questions

Hi

A few questions regarding IFly.

If my husband and I sign up for the same time group, I know it's one person at a time. Will he be able to take pictures of me and will I be able to take pictures of him? Or are we better off booking two different time slots (ex. me at 9am and him at 10am) so we can take pictures of each other?

I'm guessing they weigh you to ensure they use the right amount of air pressure when you have your turn. Is this done discreetly where you get on a scale and they note the weight or are they yelling out "fatso here at XXX pounds" (of course I'm exaggerating with that comment, but am wondering if everyone's weight is announced out loud).

Thank you in advance for your answers to my questions

Noreen

No. Nothing is allowed in. Reason being is there are two tubes, and inner and outer tube. The group of 10/12 go together into the outer tube. There is an open doorway to the inner tube. Everyone is seated in the outer tube area until their turn to step into the air tunnel. THe risk if if you let go of anything and it gets sucked into the tunnel it could hurt the person flying, the instructor in the tunnel with you, the camera itself and possible the fan once it falls.

If you book a time slot after about 10 am, there should be one of the photographer from Royal there to take your pic.

If you go a separate times you can take turns watching each other, though it feels less like sharing the experience.

Hi

If my husband and I sign up for the same time group, I know it's one person at a time. Will he be able to take pictures of me and will I be able to take pictures of him? Or are we better off booking two different time slots (ex. me at 9am and him at 10am) so we can take pictures of each other?

I'm guessing they weigh you to ensure they use the right amount of air pressure when you have your turn. Is this done discreetly where you get on a scale and they note the weight or are they yelling out "fatso here at XXX pounds" (of course I'm exaggerating with that comment, but am wondering if everyone's weight is announced out loud).

Thank you in advance for your answers to my questions

Noreen

They will have someone taking pictures you can buy later. While I was in the tube I did not see anyone from my group taking pictures, though other passengers were taking pics and filming from outside the tube.

They do not weigh you, though there is a weight limit. They counter this by giving you very baggy jump suits in order to help with lift. When you go you will notice this compared to the body tight outfits the instructors wear.

Edited by Fastdak25

Hi

Thank you for the quick replies

I'm going to ask my husband how he feels about "sharing" the experience and buying the professional pictures vs being able to take pictures of each other in addition to the professional ones.

Glad to hear they aren't announcing anyone's weight :)

Thank you

Hi

I'm going to ask my husband how he feels about "sharing" the experience and buying the professional pictures vs being able to take pictures of each other in addition to the professional ones.

Thank you

If you have trouble getting stable for the pic the instructor will help you to make sure it comes out good =)

If you have trouble getting stable for the pic the instructor will help you to make sure it comes out good =)

Thank you - that is good to know. I was wondering how it would come out and expected to be making a silly face or backwards :)

I flew several times in the wind tunnel on the December 1st sailing. They did weigh me (and I think everyone else). The scale was right by the counter, but the display screen showing the weight was behind the counter. I believe they were just making sure you were not over the allowed weight limit for this activity. They do change the wind speed based on your size, but the instructor just looks at you for this, since your exact weight is not needed. He then conveys with hand signals to another instructor at the control panel if the wind speed needs to be adjusted up or down.

As mentioned earlier, you cannot take cameras into the tunnel. If you want to take your own photos, then definitely sign up for different time slots.

It is a fun experience, so remember to relax and smile! The more relaxed you are, the better you will fly. There is a wind tunnel only about 5 minutes from my house, so I have flown a lot and it is a blast!:D

If you are a trusting person you can have someone else take pics of you. A group of people asked me to take their pics while I was taking pics of my partner. There are always folks taking pics for other folks going on the ride - it just a matter of asking them - like at any other tourist site.

They did weigh me (and I think everyone else). The scale was right by the counter, but the display screen showing the weight was behind the counter.

That's interesting. I don't remember seeing a scale and we were not weighed. Don't even remember seeing anyone else in our group weighed. They just sized us up by looking at us and gave us all our jump suits.

Everyone in our time slot was weighed. If you were under the weight limit nothing was said. However, one person in the group was a few pounds over. After a bit of discussion between instructors, which everyone in the vicinity of the check-in desk could hear, it was decided to let him participate.

Edited by kccrzr

I find this ifly a very exciting concept. Did everyone enjoy it? Is one minute enough time to enjoy it I guess I am asking.

Put a leaf blower up to your face. If you enjoy it, you'll enjoy IFLY.

For me, a minute was too long.

On the other hand, 99.9% of the users rave about it:)

That's interesting. I don't remember seeing a scale and we were not weighed. Don't even remember seeing anyone else in our group weighed. They just sized us up by looking at us and gave us all our jump suits.

Didn't weigh anyone in our group either. They probably bring the scale out when they suspect there's an overweight member in the group and to avoid drawing attention to the "suspect" they weigh everyone. Either that or the rules aren't applied in a consistent manner which wouldn't be unusual on that ship.

Hi

Thank you

You are not exactly "sharing" the experience when you go in on the same group. The entire group goes in and sits on benches around the flying area. They then take one person at a time to fly and all the rest wait their turn. The people standing outside the flying area can take the photos and can see the person flying as good as the people sitting inside waiting. If you want to have a lot of photos, either go in separately or have a friend outside taking the photos for the two of you.

It would be 'tacky' to announce the weight. They would not do that. But, if you were over the limit, there is the looonnnggg walk back out as you are 'rejected'. :( If one were close to the weight limit, it might be a good idea to go on a crash diet and lose another 10 pounds before boarding the ship. We all know how easy it is to gain weight after boarding.... :D

Hi

Being solo, my first two times on IFly I could not take pictures, I relied on the pro photographers. Those shots are AWESOME!!! and for the first time in a long time I purchased pro photos on board

Third time on IFly I went with friends. We flew about an hour apart like what you're thinking. What RCL photographers can't do is video, and have have a great video of me that day! My camera takes still shots while videoing, so I also have a bunch of shots + video because I had friends take photos/video.

Having said that, I would think it's a cool experience to share with a loved one (sitting through training video, getting dressed, etc). So in thinking about it, why don't you do what I did and get the best of all worlds... 1st time go early in the cruise together and see how the pro photos turn out, then book a second time, splitting you and DH up so that you can take personal photos.. and you'll also be way better at it the 2nd time :D:D

Have a great cruise! :)

pictures that I have seen make it look like while you are flying your back is really swayed. Is it a painful position?

It could be if you have neck or back issues. Your back is arched and your head has to be tilted up as high as it can go. I have both and only my neck caused me any pain.