Can't order Grey Goose!!

Krazy Kruizers

As I said -- we have TONS of shipboard credit and wish to buy I extra items like Grey Goose once we are on the ship.

Have already booked the Pinnacle Grill and Le Cirque for multiple nights -- and we will get our 50 percent back once we on the ship for all those reservations -- more shipboard credit.

So going Ship Services will not work out for us this.

That's my questions, as well.

If they took an order for one bottle, makes no sense KK cannot order a second bottle. :confused:

There was a fair amount of website weirdness going on in the fall. There were things that you should have been able to order, but couldn't. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a glitch.

As I said -- we have TONS of shipboard credit and wish to buy I extra items like Grey Goose once we are on the ship.

Have already booked the Pinnacle Grill and Le Cirque for multiple nights -- and we will get our 50 percent back once we on the ship for all those reservations -- more shipboard credit.

So going Ship Services will not work out for us this.

But perhaps they could answer how you were able to order it for one bottle but cannot get another now. Or if there is a glitch in the system your call could make them aware of that.

There was a fair amount of website weirdness going on in the fall. There were things that you should have been able to order, but couldn't. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a glitch.

Good point. :)

Sounds like Dark 'N Stormy! ;)

I have not had a Dark 'n Stormy in about 1995..... last time I fell of my moped!

As they say....

Dark 'n Stormy!

Down de hatch!

On de moped!

Down de road!

OFF DE MOPED!!!!!!

I had ordered the one bottle last summer -- months before HAL started updating their site.

What I don't understand why you won't give them a call just to get a clarification (or point out a potential bug in the system). A lot of time spent here talking about it. :)

I don't think they have that one lonely bottle you ordered months ago waiting to be delivered to your cabin when you board whilst not stocking any more Grey Goose. Wouldn't you be even more disappointed when you board and find out that there is really no Grey Goose at all?

Is it the same price if ordered on the ship instead of ahead of time? First time ordering a bottle of Baileys for the cabin.

The price is the same no matter whether you order a bottle via online, through Ship Services or once on the ship. And the prices you see online already include the 15% gratuity.

There is one catch -- if you order a bottle once you get on the ship in a Florida port, you will be charged an extra tax. You have to wait until the ship -- I think -- is 10 miles out to sea to avoid the extra tax.

Edited by Krazy Kruizers

The price is the same no matter whether you order a bottle via online, through Ship Services or once on the ship. And the prices you see online already include the 15% gratuity.

There is one catch -- if you order a bottle once you get on the ship in a Florida port, you will be charged an extra tax. You have to wait until the ship -- I think -- is 10 miles out to sea to avoid the extra tax.

Thank you. Another tidbit to help save money. I love this site and it's fabulous members.

In response to KK's earlier question my wife is a Vodka drinker--and she much prefers Chopin to Grey Goose. Chopin is a potato vodka, not grain based.

KK, rather than trying a bottle on board, before your cruise when next out to dinner or at a nice bar, try some Chopin on the rocks (or in a martini as you may prefer) and see if it agrees with you.

My wife also likes Ketel One, which is a near-premium and thus less expensive tipple. The Chopin is for special occasions.

Cheers,

Grey Goose is all about image, but actual tastingmand quality is verrrry average.

Try Belvedere or Chopin for Polish Quality Vodkas.

The Best Vodkas in the World are still found in Russia, one of best is Stare Mordovia and also Krystal Saransk. Sadly, they are extremely difficult to find outside Mordovia, a state in the Russian Federation known for its Quality Vodka ( and womens Gulag:D )

Won't it be found when the bag is x-rayed?

With all the is going on the boat, you pack it (well padded/packaged of course) with other liquids and through you'll go.

Now before anyone says "smuggling" is illegal. HAL policy is not law, policy is so easily swayed. Reference the recent thread about anytime dining and how it isn't "anytime".

Typically these convos just spiral down the drain, but if they're not offering it and that's your poison of choice (and from which you'll drink no other), how is that "stealing"? They're not out any money and you're going to enjoy yourself.

Then again, we can justify anything in some form or another! ;)

Seriously, I doubt that they've stopped GG. That's pretty much standard.

With all the is going on the boat, you pack it (well padded/packaged of course) with other liquids and through you'll go.

Now before anyone says "smuggling" is illegal. HAL policy is not law, policy is so easily swayed. Reference the recent thread about anytime dining and how it isn't "anytime".

Typically these convos just spiral down the drain, but if they're not offering it and that's your poison of choice (and from which you'll drink no other), how is that "stealing"? They're not out any money and you're going to enjoy yourself.

Then again, we can justify anything in some form or another! ;)

Seriously, I doubt that they've stopped GG. That's pretty much standard.

Posters have reported getting called to the naughty room for having soda in their suitcase. Before anyone gets bent about this, yes, it was only soda, no booze. If they are doing that, then I think they'll easily find a bottle.

Even easier.

In this

36T0L8VT.jpg

you put this

grey_goose_1a_.jpg

and walk on board.

Problem solved.

We have to fly -- connecting flights.

I have to use a wheel chair and DH is in charge of our 2 small carry-ons.

We have never taken alcohol onto a ship by "sneaking" it on. That is just not our style.

In response to KK's earlier question my wife is a Vodka drinker--and she much prefers Chopin to Grey Goose. Chopin is a potato vodka, not grain based.

KK, rather than trying a bottle on board, before your cruise when next out to dinner or at a nice bar, try some Chopin on the rocks (or in a martini as you may prefer) and see if it agrees with you.

My wife also likes Ketel One, which is a near-premium and thus less expensive tipple. The Chopin is for special occasions.

Cheers,

Thank you.

We have often had Kettle One at home.

Chopin -- will definitely try it.

Price is no problem for us.