suite perks

help04me

thats all there is--

once onboard she will be getting the same treatment as the person who booked the cheapest inside cabin.

if she wants in her room as soon as she boards she needs to pay for the FTTF thing

You get priority boarding with platinum and diamond crusiers. Hopefully she is sailing from Miami because the lounge there is super nice! Been in there twice :)
what is special about the lounge she will be on the victory out of Miami thanks to everyone for there responses

Carnival suite prices are very cheap. Take a look at a real suite prices that has perks with other cruiselines

Not true, the captain suite is over $6000 for two people on my upcoming 7 day cruise. I wouldn't consider that very cheap.

Not true, the captain suite is over $6000 for two people on my upcoming 7 day cruise. I wouldn't consider that very cheap.

I wouldn't consider that cheap either but a suite of the Captain's level on another line would likely be more and if you are talking the Haven on NCL or the Yacht Club on MSC then it could be much more.

That said a CCL suite just doesn't offer enough even for a cheaper price when compared to most lines.

no, it is not cheap BUT compare this suite to another one of comparable and see what that cost

At the risk of sounding judgmental, I will ask this question, so I apologize in advance. :o

What's your reasoning behind selecting a Captain's suite on Carnival? Personally, my main reason for selecting a Carnival cruise is because of its affordable prices. I'm willing to accept a more basic and bare bones experience for the price. So if I have $6,000 to spend, I'd most likely look at cruise lines that provide a more upscale and comprehensive experience, or at cruise lines that provide a true suite experience with all the perks normally associated with suites. Carnival is a budget experience whether you're in a bunk inside cabin or the Captain's Suite.

There are some sailings on all suite or ultra-luxury cruise lines (like Silversea or Seabourn) starting in the $3,000pp range which would be comparable in price to what you're spending on Carnival. Just trying to understand why the Carnival suite would be more appealing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Tapi

I agree with Tapi. For the price of a full suite, your experience will be much better on a different cruise line.

For example, we enjoyed staying in one of the Penthouse suites on Ecstasy a few years ago for our anniversary. We enjoyed every minute of it but received very little in the way of perks considering that I paid top dollar. See the link below if you're interested in pictures.

Carnival Ecstasy Penthouse Suite

We have cruised in much smaller suites on RC, but have received great benefits. Here are the things we enjoy as suite guests on Royal Caribbean. This excerpt is from the Royal Caribbean website.

Suite guests* will enjoy a myriad of special privileges and upgraded amenities for their cruise, along with Royal Caribbean's world-renowned friendly, engaging and attentive Gold Anchor Service from every member of its staff and crew.

Enhanced Program for Suite Guests staying in the following suites*:

Royal Suite, Royal Family Suite, Presidential Family Suite, Owner's Suite, Grand Suite

Oasis Class: Royal Loft Suite, Sky Loft Suite, AquaTheater Suite & Crown Loft Suite

*Excludes Junior Suites

• Priority check-in
  • Personalized attention throughout the cruise with complimentary Concierge Club service on select ships
  • Reserved prime seating in the main theater for entertainment shows, where available
  • Priority tender tickets on select cruises. (Tender service is provided when smaller vessels are necessary to reach shore in locations without docking ports large enough for cruise ships.)
  • VIP pool deck seating, where available
  • Full breakfast, lunch and dinner dining room menus available for in-room dining
  • Private breakfast and lunch seating in specialty restaurants on our Voyager and Freedom Class ships
  • Complimentary luggage valet service
  • Luxury spa bathrobes for use onboard
  • Complimentary pressing service on formal night
  • Priority departure with exclusive suite* departure lounge featuring continental breakfast (We have enjoyed a full breakfast on departure morning in one of the specialty restaurants on each of our cruises.)

I'm getting what I pay for by cruising on RC. The opinions of others may be different. It's nice to have so many cruise lines to choose from.

Happy cruising. It's a great way to travel.

you only get priority embarkation and debarkation when booking a regular suite? You don't get any other perks you get with FTTF like getting into your suite early, express luggage, VIP guest services and tender priority?

I told my friend, who booked a suite, that according to this thread he will get basically nothing (a bigger cabin of course) and he said his PVP told him FTTF is included in a suite. I told him that not all PVP's know what they are talking about.

It's no big deal, it's only $50 to purchase FTTF...I just want to make sure he knows that he to purchase it at some point before the cruise.

• 1 month later...

If I was spending that kind of money on a suite on Carnival and it was just the two of us, I'd go with a different line. Other ships have amazing suite perks... I was just on NCL in an Owners Suite and we got three bottles of hard liquor + 1 wine + 1 champagne + concierge, butler, priority seating at all events, priority to get on and off the ship (the concierge actually took us down back stairs and walked us to the front of the line each time) and more... You may want to shop around...

That being said, I have booked an owners suite on an upcoming Carnival cruise... the reason is that it's a family cruise with multiple cabins, everyone else is in inside cabins, we booked the owners suite so we could have a separate living space plus the larger balcony for everyone to hang out and meet before dinner for cocktails and that kind of thing... Its disappointing that there aren't more benefits, but the separate bedroom/living room space was exactly what we needed for our group to gather etc... The overall cost of all of the cabins is significantly lower than what we would have paid on another line if we wanted one of the cabins to have a separate bedroom/living space... While that money would have bought us a nice suite on another line, most of the newer ships don't have suites with separate living areas in that price range (the NCL Sky is one exception)...

Also, no other cruiseline had the specific itinerary I wanted leaving from the port I wanted.. so Carnival won out by default anyway :)

Edited by LegalCat

you only get priority embarkation and debarkation when booking a regular suite? You don't get any other perks you get with FTTF like getting into your suite early, express luggage, VIP guest services and tender priority?

I told my friend, who booked a suite, that according to this thread he will get basically nothing (a bigger cabin of course) and he said his PVP told him FTTF is included in a suite. I told him that not all PVP's know what they are talking about.

It's no big deal, it's only $50 to purchase FTTF...I just want to make sure he knows that he to purchase it at some point before the cruise.

Correct. Priority boarding is his only perk. His PVP told him wrong.

If I was spending that kind of money on a suite on Carnival and it was just the two of us, I'd go with a different line. Other ships have amazing suite perks... I was just on NCL in an Owners Suite and we got three bottles of hard liquor + 1 wine + 1 champagne + concierge, butler, priority seating at all events, priority to get on and off the ship (the concierge actually took us down back stairs and walked us to the front of the line each time) and more... You may want to shop around...

That being said, I have booked an owners suite on an upcoming Carnival cruise... the reason is that it's a family cruise with multiple cabins, everyone else is in inside cabins, we booked the owners suite so we could have a separate living space plus the larger balcony for everyone to hang out and meet before dinner for cocktails and that kind of thing... Its disappointing that there aren't more benefits, but the separate bedroom/living room space was exactly what we needed for our group to gather etc... The overall cost of all of the cabins is significantly lower than what we would have paid on another line if we wanted one of the cabins to have a separate bedroom/living space... While that money would have bought us a nice suite on another line, most of the newer ships don't have suites with separate living areas in that price range (the NCL Sky is one exception)...

Also, no other cruiseline had the specific itinerary I wanted leaving from the port I wanted.. so Carnival won out by default anyway :)

As others have said, you get what you pay for. While most other cruise lines do include substantial perks for their suite customers while Carnival does not, the difference in the Carnival price for a suite (category OS) versus a standard balcony or Jr. Suite is also much less than comparable price differences on their competitors' lines. One of the reasons we keep coming back to Carnival is due to the reasonable price for a suite stateroom, which we like for the size and appointments more than for any perks we might otherwise get.

Again... you get what you pay for.

My DD and I booked a GS for our upcoming 4-day. Why? We wanted a balcony. Unfortunately this ship does not offer balcony cabins or else we would have booked that type of cabin. I sailed in a suite before on Carnival and it is true no real perks except priority embarkation and debarkation. For this reason we also purchased FFTF.

That said.. get ready for this -- My upcoming cruise on NCL is an Aft Penthouse Suite. The price per person is less than the Carnival suite and also one day longer. Of course with NCL there are all the perks which I am looking forward to enjoying.

The time of year may be a factor as to the huge price difference but the NCL cruise is also one day longer and way less expensive. Sometimes prices on other lines can be less expensive than Carnival.