Barcelona- very late flight problem

Alohaaloha

Our flight home is not until 21.00 and we are on an RCI fly cruise, which means they will take us to the airport very early in the morning by transfer. It's going to be a long long day hanging round the airport so I have a question- is it possible to cancel our return transfer and make our own way to the airport later in the day by taxi, and does anyone know where we could store luggage during the day ( the port doesn't have storage facilities any more) TIA.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not sure about RCI, but HAL almost always offers an excursion on the way to the airport for those who have late flights. Check with your cruise line and see if you can work this in as an upgrade with the type of fare you've already purchased.

Happy Travels!

Our flight home is not until 21.00 and we are on an RCI fly cruise, which means they will take us to the airport very early in the morning by transfer. It's going to be a long long day hanging round the airport so I have a question- is it possible to cancel our return transfer and make our own way to the airport later in the day by taxi, and does anyone know where we could store luggage during the day ( the port doesn't have storage facilities any more) TIA.

Take the RCI bus to the airport and ditch your luggage there (left luggage, or check it in early might be possible). Then just grab the Aerobus or train back into town.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When we had a later flight (but not as late as yours), we used Barcelona Lockers storage which is near Placa Catalunya in the centre of Barcelona. After dropping off our luggage we used the HoHo bus which stops at P.Catalunya and toured Barecelona until we were ready to leave for the airport.

If your luggage allowed and you can cope with walking, you could get the port shuttle to the bottom of Las Ramblas and then walk up to Placa Catalunya and the luggage storage place. However, it is quite a way and we took a taxi.

We used DW Consigna last July. They were just to the left as you get out of the port building.

Then we took a taxi to Columbus Circle, where we got on the HOHO. We spent the day going around in the HoHo, got off at the train station, and took the train to the airport where we met the DW folks to pick up our bags.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Check to see if RCI offers a luggage transfer directly from the ship to the airport. I know they offer that in the Caribbean. I believe you just leave your bags outside your cabin the night before and they check it through to your flight.