Fire in Oasis

Nmhawk

We just disembarked the Oasis. Yesterday there was a fire alarm indicating that there was a fire on a stateroom on deck 6, does anyone know more details??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I didn't hear a fire emergency-- I did hear alpha or a medical emergency on deck 6 around 8 pm. Is that the one you're referring to? We were in Giovanni's at the time.

Edited by nednrom

Maybe that mysterious rogue wave that nobody else witnessed other than the guy who went overboard was responsible. Maybe the same rogue wave was actually like that sea creature in the movie "The Abyss" that stretched out, went around corners and pulled the fire alarm:D

I didn't hear a fire emeorgency-- I did hear alpha or a medical emergency on deck 6 around 8 pm. Is that the one you're referring to? We were in Giovanni's at the time.

We heard it also. We had an eventful cruise with all the emergencies! Hope you had fun as we had a great time. Did you make the Meet And Mingle? We went 15 mi s late and people were already leaving. Never have had that happen before

I didn't hear a fire emergency-- I did hear alpha or a medical emergency on deck 6 around 8 pm. Is that the one you're referring to? We were in Giovanni's at the time.

They said over the PA that there was a fire in deck 6, stateroom xxx, port side, zone 7. I was one Focus on deck 6, so wr saw the emergency personnel. But I guess it was a small one, since everything was normal in about 20 minutes.

Maybe that mysterious rogue wave that nobody else witnessed other than the guy who went overboard was responsible. Maybe the same rogue wave was actually like that sea creature in the movie "The Abyss" that stretched out, went around corners and pulled the fire alarm:D

It was lucky, that wave actual put out the fire, so everything worked out. Too bad the "wave" swept the guy overboard.

We heard it also. We had an eventful cruise with all the emergencies! Hope you had fun as we had a great time. Did you make the Meet And Mingle? We went 15 mi s late and people were already leaving. Never have had that happen before

I didn't get an invite. I have heard that's on sea day at 10:00 but I wasn't sure where.

We did have a great time ~~ always do on a cruise but had some issues. Sad to have to come back :(

They said over the PA that there was a fire in deck 6, stateroom xxx, port side, zone 7. I was one Focus on deck 6, so wr saw the emergency personnel. But I guess it was a small one, since everything was normal in about 20 minutes.

Did not know or hear this.

Hope it was not serious. However, based on these threads recently, let's see how long it takes for people to start requesting a refund or obc because they were scared by the alarm.

Sent from my SCH-I915 using Forums mobile app

???? There was nothing to be scared of... LOL

let's see how long it takes for people to start requesting a refund or obc because they were scared by the alarm.

pretty funny story our waiter told us years ago on a cruise.. a passenger asked him how they get home after work every day and he said jokingly they get helicoptered off the ship everynight. the next morning the passenger went down to the front desk and demanded money off the cruise because she couldn't sleep at night with all the helicopter noise. haha

pretty funny story our waiter told us years ago on a cruise.. a passenger asked him how they get home after work every day and he said jokingly they get helicoptered off the ship everynight. the next morning the passenger went down to the front desk and demanded money off the cruise because she couldn't sleep at night with all the helicopter noise. haha
Hahahahahaha, oh people never cease to amaze me!!! I truly hate people like that. LOL :D

Have heard Cruise Directors on every cruise line make that joke. They must share the same pamphlet.

Best-

Steve

On a side not:

One more story, I was the the brunt of a ship humor......

Years ago when we sailed the Disney Magic, I put our Postcards in the mailbox at customer service, thinking they would be mailed from our next port of call which was St. Thomas......

So just to make sure I ask the customer service worker if the mail was sent out at St. Thomas??????

He starts laughing loudly and starts to make a scene.....

". . . .no the mail boat comes out to sea everyday and we get our mail and we send out yours. . . . . ." ". . . it comes delivering the newspaper too.." "

I was not happy.

So embarassed.

After all was said and done and I crawled out of the area........

And we got home the post cards were post marked Port Canavral.

Safe journey

On a side not:

One more story, I was the the brunt of a ship humor......

Years ago when we sailed the Disney Magic, I put our Postcards in the mailbox at customer service, thinking they would be mailed from our next port of call which was St. Thomas......

So just to make sure I ask the customer service worker if the mail was sent out at St. Thomas??????

He starts laughing loudly and starts to make a scene.....

". . . .no the mail boat comes out to sea everyday and we get our mail and we send out yours. . . . . ." ". . . it comes delivering the newspaper too.." "

I was not happy.

So embarassed.

After all was said and done and I crawled out of the area........

And we got home the post cards were post marked Port Canavral.

Safe journey

I can understand your embarrassment but I guess it's not too far fetched for someone to assume that while docked, in the port of a U.S. territory (St. Thomas), the mail might be handled over to the postal service people there. Guess not. :o

I can understand your embarrassment but I guess it's not too far fetched for someone to assume that while docked, in the port of a U.S. territory (St. Thomas), the mail might be handled over to the postal service people there. Guess not. :o

They actually USED TO mail them at each port. Could even buy the correct postage at GS (was Purser's desk back then) for whatever island they were being mailed from. And now I'm feeling older than anyone here for knowing that! :o

Guess I am old too. Used to send myself cards from each port to collect picture and stamp as memory. Miss being able to do that on the ship. Of course, back then.....oh so long ago.....they would also hold your passport at the pursers desk and get the country stamp for each port. Loved the old days......

They actually USED TO mail them at each port. Could even buy the correct postage at GS (was Purser's desk back then) for whatever island they were being mailed from. And now I'm feeling older than anyone here for knowing that! :o

We are with you there. We've mailed postcards in the past and they arrived weeks later postmarked from the port we were visiting at the time. I guess that doesn't happen any longer. :(