On board Quantum of the Seas - 12 night cruise

MsB1254

I did ask guest services and was told that dinner is $20 per person but that breakfast and lunch is complimentary. Hope this helps - We are going to try for lunch one day so will report on how it is.

RCI issued a press release yesterday, that is is free for dinner!

RCI issued a press release yesterday, that is is free for dinner!

Yes - Guest services was wrong. I saw people while we were there at lunch today requesting refunds of their books. Lunch was good - I really enjoyed the salad and hamburger.

Did RCI remove the tassels from the bottom of the chairs?

Most of them. Last week, we saw a handful of chairs (less than a dozen) with tassels, and the rest were gone. The tasseled chairs were spread between tables, so it seemed kind of random whether you got one or not.

Great that you are enjoying the cruise.

Has anyone onboard been able to confirm that Devinly Decadent is in fact now no charge for dinner? We are sailing on the Quantum on 1/23 for 10 nights when you return.

Both Devinly Decadent and Izumi say "from 0" as the cost. I called Royal Caribbean about this and they said neither are complimentary. Their reasoning for the "from 0" is that the cost depends on what your order. It is a little deceiving to me.

I called Royal Caribbean about this and they said neither are complimentary.

and yet one of them is - how does that strike you for having confidence in anything RCI tells you?:rolleyes:

Most of them. Last week, we saw a handful of chairs (less than a dozen) with tassels, and the rest were gone. The tasseled chairs were spread between tables, so it seemed kind of random whether you got one or not.

So RCI actually listened to customer complaints (as minor as this one seemed)?

The Google Street view of Chic shows lots of tasseled chairs some time ago - they all were on the maiden TA.

http://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/our-ships/quantum-class/google-street-view/index.html

Biker, who feels sorry for the Anthem chair supplier for Chic as they'll be tasseless now and probably can't charge as much for them..

Edited by Biker19

So RCI actually listened to customer complaints (as minor as this one seemed)?

The Google Street view of Chic shows lots of tasseled chairs some time ago - they all were on the maiden TA.

http://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/our-ships/quantum-class/google-street-view/index.html

Biker, who feels sorry for the Anthem chair supplier for Chic as they'll be tasseless now and probably can't charge as much for them..

That street view is pretty cool. It also shows mixed chairs (some with tassels, some not), but more with tassels than we saw last week. Maybe they were removed because of complaints, or maybe they were breaking, or getting dirty. Or maybe they were all still there, but ended up at tables in the corners where I didn't readily see them (we were smack in the middle of the restaurant). Who knows. I did warn my group about the "attacking tassels" :D, but we ended up on chairs without.

I'm sure the chair designer can come up with something new and expensive for the anthem chairs. :)

Did all the complimentary restaurants have a simple tastes section?

I did not see any on the chic menu that you posted here.

Thanks.

I believe they did but I looked back at my photos and I must not have taken a picture of it.

We're on this ship on February 20th. Can't wait. I've read a lot of negative things about this ship after the first few trips. I was getting worried that we picked the wrong cruise. Nice to see positive things now. Hopefully the negTive comments were just because it was a new ship and the kinks have now been worked out.

Did all the complimentary restaurants have a simple tastes section?

I did not see any on the chic menu that you posted here.

Thanks.

Are the items on the simple taste menu the same in each restaurant?

Thanks again.

All 4 of the complimentary restaurants had the simple tastes menu on our jan 3 cruise. it's now printed right on the menus for each restaurant. it's the same in all of them - chicken soup and a salad for appetizer, and chicken breast, beef, fish (i think salmon?), pasta primavera, and a veggie dish for entrees.

at chic, i must have gotten an old menu because it was not on mine, but my tablemates all had it in theirs. if you get a menu without it, just ask for a new one that includes the simple tastes selections.

fwiw, the chicken soup was the only thing i had off of it, but it was delicious.