Wearing another cruise line's shirt?

jenn-

Gosh, DH has never had a problem wearing a visor with the name of another cruise line on it. No one notices or cares.

LuLu

You are likely right but just because no one commented does not mean they didn't notice or care. ;) :D

On our first Celebrity cruise last October my DH put his loose bits and bobs in his HAL bag. I looked aghast and said 'you can't take that on board a Celebrity ship'. 'Why not' he responds, 'I haven't got a bag from Celebrity yet and its a handy bag for my stuff'.

Well I let him go ahead, ready to walk 5 paces behind him if the going got rough. Not a word said until we got to our Cabin. Our Steward took one look at the bag and tch tch'd, shook his head and sighed dramatically :) From that day forward, because my DH always hangs the bag on the hooks on the wall in the main room, our Steward if he was in the room the same time we were would just gaze at it sadly. Also on the day they left us our Celebrity bag he put it VERY prominently in the middle of the bed on top of the HAL bag - hint hint.

To be honest no one cared and the Steward and my DH and I all took it as a bit of fun, it certainly broke the ice.

BTW my DH now has a Celebrity bag for our Solstice trip but then we have the Diamond Princess, what will he do then :D

My late DH woke the morning we arrived in Halifax on our Canada NE cruise.

The Boston Bruins had just won the Stanley Cup and Canada was still saddened at the loss. My DH chose to put on his Bruin's Championship T-shirt. :eek: When I realized he planned to walk around Canada wearing that all day I suggested he might wish to at least make it a Red Sox jersey. He wouldn't have it.

As we walked the boardwalk, we got more than a few stares but (thankfully) no trouble. The bonus was as we walked, we heard someone mention Brad Marchand (He is Canadian but plays for Boston Bruins). We turned to see he was walking right behind us. A real gentleman, he shook my DH's hand and commented 'nice t-shirt'. What fun that was. We were lucky there were no strong, young 'poor sport' fellows out walking that morning. :D

That's a great story. It sounds like your DH was quite a character! :) Thank heavens for well-mannered hockey fans.

Just wanted to update: I ended up taking and wearing both the Carnival shirts on the 2 sea days (I didn't want to confuse port security guards). Only one waiter smiled about it. Of the few guests that indicated I was wearing the wrong shirt, I told them it was an open threat that if it was a bad cruise, I had other options. I did buy 2 more NCL shirts so this won't happen again until I sail on Carnival next :)

Just wanted to update: I ended up taking and wearing both the Carnival shirts on the 2 sea days (I didn't want to confuse port security guards). Only one waiter smiled about it. Of the few guests that indicated I was wearing the wrong shirt, I told them it was an open threat that if it was a bad cruise, I had other options. I did buy 2 more NCL shirts so this won't happen again until I sail on Carnival next :)

Sounds like you have fun. :) Hope it was a good cruise.

Happy no one threatened to 'keel haul' you. :D

My late DH woke the morning we arrived in Halifax on our Canada NE cruise.

The Boston Bruins had just won the Stanley Cup and Canada was still saddened at the loss. My DH chose to put on his Bruin's Championship T-shirt. :eek: When I realized he planned to walk around Canada wearing that all day I suggested he might wish to at least make it a Red Sox jersey. He wouldn't have it.

As we walked the boardwalk, we got more than a few stares but (thankfully) no trouble. The bonus was as we walked, we heard someone mention Brad Marchand (He is Canadian but plays for Boston Bruins). We turned to see he was walking right behind us. A real gentleman, he shook my DH's hand and commented 'nice t-shirt'. What fun that was. We were lucky there were no strong, young 'poor sport' fellows out walking that morning. :D

Not everyone in Canada dislikes the Bruins, in fact you would most likely find many Bruin fans in the Maritimes.

OP, wear whichever shirts you want, nobody will care. Well maybe a couple of posters on this thread, you know the few with standards.

Edited by declansdad

Not everyone in Canada dislikes the Bruins, in fact you would most likely find many Bruin fans in the Maritimes.

OP, wear whichever shirts you want, nobody will care. Well maybe a couple of posters on this thread, you know the few with standards.

:) Some Boston Bruins live in the Maritimes. :)

Last morning on RCI Grandeur of the Seas.

Wearing my Disney ball hat and a Howl at the Moon tshirt.

Logo not visible in pic is but that is my MSC knapsack which was won playing darts on MSC Orchestra.

No problems. But don't you ever wear your Mooseheads jersey in Oshawa! Those Generals' fans are very territorial.;)