Wearing another cruise line's shirt?

jenn-

I am entitled to air my views just the same as anyone on here without any need for sarcasm. :rolleyes:

Great so you don't use sarcasm....just insults . Stating someone doesn't have standards because they don't share your opinion .

Don't sweat it, when it comes to standards , you're another Mother Teresa in the T shirt department.

My husband is one of those people who wears his SeaPass on a lanyard around his neck (a truly horrifying state of affairs which I am powerless to change) and on our last Norwegian cruise he wore his lanyard with the Royal Caribbean logo all over it. He was taken down below by a mysterious ship employee in whites and flogged and interrogated for hours about his *real* opinion on NCL vs RCCL, but otherwise all was well.

Great so you don't use sarcasm....just insults . Stating someone doesn't have standards because they don't share your opinion .

Don't sweat it, when it comes to standards , you're another Mother Teresa in the T shirt department.

Not a bad person to be compared to I guess.

As for your other comments....now who's being insulting?

Not a bad person to be compared to I guess.

As for your other comments....now who's being insulting?

Not being insulting , just being a smart ass.

Really , if you judge people's standards by what T shirt they wear on vacation, you don't need me to insult you.

I don't wear logo apparel, but if I were to see someone wearing a t-shirt, jacket or similar from another line, I would simply think, "Ah, there goes someone else who loves cruising like I do."

I don't recall any of the several cruise lines that I regularly travel on requiring me to sign a blood oath that I must only cruise on THEIR ships, so I don't see why it would be upsetting to the staff or crew if I were to wear apparel from a different line. Instead, perhaps they should consider being happy that although I had many choices, I chose to spend my vacation time and $$$ with them on this particular cruise....

I don't wear logo apparel, but if I were to see someone wearing a t-shirt, jacket or similar from another line, I would simply think, "Ah, there goes someone else who loves cruising like I do."

I don't recall any of the several cruise lines that I regularly travel on requiring me to sign a blood oath that I must only cruise on THEIR ships, so I don't see why it would be upsetting to the staff or crew if I were to wear apparel from a different line. Instead, perhaps they should consider being happy that although I had many choices, I chose to spend my vacation time and $$$ with them on this particular cruise....

:):):)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for putting that poster in her place. You were much more diplomatic than I would have been. :D Guess I shouldn't have 'lobbed one' into the fray just before going out of town for awhile. ;)

Thanks for putting that poster in her place. You were much more diplomatic than I would have been. :D Guess I shouldn't have 'lobbed one' into the fray just before going out of town for awhile. ;)

Why thank you.

I have my diplomatic days I guess. I must be mellowing with age *LOL*

I have lobbed my grenades and spit battery acid plenty of times in my day .

Sometimes less is more :)

Have a great trip. Hope it's a cruise.

Why thank you.

I have my diplomatic days I guess. I must be mellowing with age *LOL*

I have lobbed my grenades and spit battery acid plenty of times in my day .

Sometimes less is more :)

Have a great trip. Hope it's a cruise.

I'm just getting crankier in my advancing years!:)

.................and creakier.:(

I'd much rather wear a nice Margaritaville, Señor Frogs, Tres Amigos or some other caribbean shirt showing that shouts out that I've "been there Done that" I'll wear my Cruise line shirts on land when back home to make people jealous!

I'm a big collector of tee's from every ship I'm on and every port I'm in. However, if they have the ship logo on them (or name) I try not to wear them on another cruise line. I have one that I love that I got from Carnival, but I don't wear it on NCL. I always take my tee's from a particular port that I have been to only to that port each time I go. But this is just me. :D

I can say that I have seen people on the ships with other cruise line shirts and I didn't bat an eye. It's no biggie for me to see it, I just don't do it for some reason. LOL :p

I wore a HAL Panama Canal T-shirt on NCL and would hold my finger over the HAL logo when I met one of the crew. We had a lot of fun with that, and one of the officers gave me a piece of tape to put over it. He had written NCL on the tape.

Nice sense of humor. I appreciate that sort of joviality. :) :cool:

My late DH woke the morning we arrived in Halifax on our Canada NE cruise.

The Boston Bruins had just won the Stanley Cup and Canada was still saddened at the loss. My DH chose to put on his Bruin's Championship T-shirt. :eek: When I realized he planned to walk around Canada wearing that all day I suggested he might wish to at least make it a Red Sox jersey. He wouldn't have it.

As we walked the boardwalk, we got more than a few stares but (thankfully) no trouble. The bonus was as we walked, we heard someone mention Brad Marchand (He is Canadian but plays for Boston Bruins). We turned to see he was walking right behind us. A real gentleman, he shook my DH's hand and commented 'nice t-shirt'. What fun that was. We were lucky there were no strong, young 'poor sport' fellows out walking that morning. :D

Edited by sail7seas

No flames please. Is it completely considered rude and weird to wear another cruise line's shirt? I bought some really cute cruise shirts on my last Carnival trip (one says "Keep Calm and Cruise On" and the other is "Cruise Your Worries Away"). This trip is on Norwegian though. I also have a couple of their shirts as well which I will pack. Does this fall under the category that no one really cares what other people are wearing category? Or the, I can't believe she has the nerve to wear the competition's shirt category?

I liken this to wearing a Niagrara Falls t-shirt while vacationing in the Bahamas, or wearing a Cedar Point t-shirt while visiting Six Flags. So what. Or better yet, a famous quote by Bernard Baruch comes to my mind for this:

"Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."

You may not have standards but I have

Feel free to enjoy your superior 'standards'. I'll enjoy my superior common sense.:D

I see you are still at it....... "putting me in my place"

Who the Hell do you think you are?????

I'm DirtyDawg

Feel free to read my posts. If you do you will discover that when I encounter people who are like the literary character, Lady Catherine de Bourgh, I love to put them in their place. ;)

Outside of CC most people don't care or notice what others are wearing.

This is the correct answer. Even the people who "care" on CC don't think twice when they're on the ship. If you're on vacation and care about what it says on someone's t-shirt, you have serious issues that even a vacation cannot cure. Is this any different than a little kid wearing a Mickey Mouse shirt he got a day earlier into Universal?

Feel free to enjoy your superior 'standards'. I'll enjoy my superior common sense.

I'm DirtyDawg

Feel free to read my posts. If you do you will discover that when I encounter people who are like the literary character, Lady Catherine de Bourgh, I love to put them in their place. ;)

:D:D:D:D:D

Just the answer I anticipated.

I thought on this thread people were allowed free speech and opinions without being shot down.

My late DH woke the morning we arrived in Halifax on our Canada NE cruise.

The Boston Bruins had just won the Stanley Cup and Canada was still saddened at the loss. My DH chose to put on his Bruin's Championship T-shirt. :eek: When I realized he planned to walk around Canada wearing that all day I suggested he might wish to at least make it a Red Sox jersey. He wouldn't have it.

As we walked the boardwalk, we got more than a few stares but (thankfully) no trouble. The bonus was as we walked, we heard someone mention Brad Marchand (He is Canadian but plays for Boston Bruins). We turned to see he was walking right behind us. A real gentleman, he shook my DH's hand and commented 'nice t-shirt'. What fun that was. We were lucky there were no strong, young 'poor sport' fellows out walking that morning. :D

Hockey fans are great. ;)

:D:D:D:D:D

Just the answer I anticipated.

I thought on this thread people were allowed free speech and opinions without being shot down.

This is Cruise Critic! Being shot down for one's opinions is the National Sport around here.;)