Pride French Door Interior

jamscckmc

I have read many places that people prop open the door for fresh air. They suggested moving the bed a little and propping it open with that, using a heavy duty doorstop, or using the back cushion of the couch.

You will find that the 'dominate' door (the one that opens first) can remain open unaided. If you open it first to the maximum, then have someone else open the second door and prop it open with whatever (we used a shoe), you can then let go of the first door and it should stay.

The above worked for us in 4140 on the Miracle, and we have stayed in this same cabin at least 4 times.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean you couldn't "physically" open the doors, I meant you're not allowed to. There's a sign on the door that says "Doors must remain closed at all times". I actually did open the door to try it, but I didn't keep it open in case I got in trouble. There were always men working outside on the lifeboats. Plus even without the door open, it was so hard to open the front cabin door because of the vacuum of air. Did anyone else have this problem? You really had to push/pull the door hard to get it open. I kept wondering how elderly people opened them. I thought if I opened the French doors, there would be such a strong air vacuum I'd never be able to open the front door!

Christina

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We just had 4196 on Pride and it was between boats. You are allowed to open the doors you are not supposed to keep them open. If Carnival didn't want them to open, they would make sure they didn't. They were nice to get light thru but I wouldn't pay extra for one. I found the 4k rooms to be a non issue.

People warned me there could be workers on the lifeboats, so I kept a look out and only once we came back to the cabin and the life boat was "open" but never saw anyone in there. It was kind of neat to see inside it. We closed the drapes, went out and about our business for a few hours (sea day) and by the time we came back, the lifeboat was closed up again. No, would NEVER pay extra for one of those cabins, but that is the point; they charge you for an inside but you have the bigger cabin and at least a TINY area you can see outside if you strain. I like to be standing in the cabin and be able to see the ocean/sky whenever I look out. So I could "handle" a between life boat cabin. But for some people the behind the lifeboat is adaquate. Just google the cabin number to see pictures before you book to be sure it's okay for you.

We're booked in 4132 on the Pride in early August! I'd love to know what it's like, too. I chose it because it's between lifeboats, but I've never stayed in this type of room. Looking forward to it!

I stayed in one on the legend. they are nice rooms. It was free upgrade, which was nice. I wouldn't pay for it though. I'd rather have an oceanview IMO, but if it's the same price as an inside or a free upgrade they are awesome:D

I have not stayed in a 4k before. Even with a obstructed view, I will like that I can open the door, get a bit of fresh air, get a glimps of the ocean and check out the temp. They are larger than the standard inside room too.

Please post after your August trip.

Does anyone know if cabin 4197 on the Pride is between the lifeboats? It looks like it might be on the deck plan. Thank you

Yes I booked it for this Oct. love French door rooms, need the fresh air. Enjoy your cruise

I have not stayed in a 4k before. Even with a obstructed view, I will like that I can open the door, get a bit of fresh air, get a glimps of the ocean and check out the temp. They are larger than the standard inside room too.

Please post after your August trip.

You will enjoy your 4K-they're great cabins. I had one on the Miracle a few years ago, and will (hopefully) be in one on the Legend in Sept. (I'm booked in a quad, but since I am traveling solo, so there's a chance I could get bumped: eek: to the best of my knowledge, the 4K's are all 185 square feet, like the other inside cabins. Enjoy your cruise: cool:

• 2 weeks later...
We have 4122 booked for the October Bermuda cruise. First time in a french door room.

We are going to Bermuda on the Splendor in October. In January we will spend 21 days in the 4K room you are in (4122). I would appreciate it if you would post feedback on the room after your October cruise. TIA

We are going to Bermuda on the Splendor in October. In January we will spend 21 days in the 4K room you are in (4122). I would appreciate it if you would post feedback on the room after your October cruise. TIA

My sister had that room, she loved it, it had an excellent view between the two lifeboats, although a ladder was dead center you could see through it and it really didn't make the view less.

Does anyone know if cabin 4197 on the Pride is between the lifeboats? It looks like it might be on the deck plan. Thank you

We don't know the answer to your question, but are curious if you found out or have sailed? I see 4197 on the deck plans, and there are some offers that it shows it available we are considering.

We don't know the answer to your question, but are curious if you found out or have sailed? I see 4197 on the deck plans, and there are some offers that it shows it available we are considering.

Hi eponym. We don't sail until September 13th. Most people have good things to say about this category of cabin. Just be careful when booking as I u stand that some cabins in this category have an obstructed window instead of the French doors.

Just booked 4122 on the Pride for July 2016 yesterday. Very excited... We've sailed on the Pride before but this will be our first time since the upgrades and the first time in this room category.

We have this room in October to Bermuda. Looks like a ok view, from what I have read.

The updates are awesome. You will have a blast!