Tracking Prices for Price Drop

d&a Delaware

Has anyone had success using the priced drop tracking function on Cruise Critic to actually identify a price drop that applied to your cruise?

David

I set it up, it works "ok". The only problem is it comes out weekly, on Fridays. The price drops I got were on Monday and Wednesday. So, if you rely on CC to give you the message, you will probably miss some.

My suggestion, check daily.

Thanks all for your helpful replies. I am now registered on two tracking sites (the Cruise Critic one and another we can't talk about here) and, perhaps most useful, have bookmarked the fare viewer page on the Carnival site. I think I have myself covered as best I can.

David

I just submitted a form for a price drop on an upcoming cruise in October. It appears that the form has changed. In the form you can only select "Onboard Credit" or "Upgrade". Has a reduction of your balance owing gone away? :confused:

Krunch

I just submitted a form for a price drop on an upcoming cruise in October. It appears that the form has changed. In the form you can only select "Onboard Credit" or "Upgrade". Has a reduction of your balance owing gone away? :confused:

Krunch

I thought you only had to submit the form if you are already paid in full, but I can definitely be wrong. Otherwise, you can call.

I don't understand needing a special site to do this?

I just go to Carnival and do another booking to see the current price.It seems easy to me that way without doing anything else.

That works, but you would need to check it everyday. Never know when Carnival will have a 24-hour sale, like today.

Thanx for the reply Kenyatta!

In this amount of time I have already gotten my approval for a $60 discount on the BALANCE OWING of our Glory cruise this fall :D So my question has been answered :D

In reply to your comment about being paid in full...

We have gotten discounts via the form on several cruises in the past. This is now another one. Yes, if you are paid in full, the price difference will then become shipboard credit. The number of times you submit the form is also unlimited. I wasn't sure if the form changed or not, hence why I posted. Maybe it did change because I don't recall seeing the "Upgrade" option there before. Anyway, Carnival answered my question by reducing my rate.

Again, sorry for the mild hijack peeps, please proceed as if you were normal :D

Krunch

I thought you only had to submit the form if you are already paid in full, but I can definitely be wrong. Otherwise, you can call.
Edited by krunch

I found this to be the best way, it also shows the taxes and fees, which can fluctuate, so a savings you might see in your cruise rate could be partially (or totally) eaten up by an increase in taxes and/or fees.

If the dropped rate is from your vifp or other offer will they still give you that price drop? I noticed it said it excludes some offers and wasn't sure What kind of offers they exclude.

If the dropped rate is from your vifp or other offer will they still give you that price drop? I noticed it said it excludes some offers and wasn't sure What kind of offers they exclude.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that with Early Saver they normally will price-match to your VIFP offers or resident rates or senior rates, etc. I don't think they price-match to interline offers or other limited offers that are not available to the general public, and, of course, not something from a travel agent that is not specifically publicized by Carnival. Of course, all of the other usual fine print about ES has been talked about ad nauseam.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that with Early Saver they normally will price-match to your VIFP offers or resident rates or senior rates, etc. I don't think they price-match to interline offers or other limited offers that are not available to the general public, and, of course, not something from a travel agent that is not specifically publicized by Carnival. Of course, all of the other usual fine print about ES has been talked about ad nauseam.

Ok that helps! Thank you!