Future cruise credit for deposit

cruz chic

So I'm in the process of booking 2 cruises, one for May and one for 2016. I have 2 $100 future cruise credits. My PCC say I still owe $150 extra for each cruise. Is this something new? I don't recall having to do this before. One is a 14 day, the other 15 Thx.

Future Cruise deposit were amended a while ago so that the deposit depends upon the length of the cruise. They have been changed again according to the latest FCD I bought. I too had to put an additional $150 down for my 20 day cruise .

But according to my latest FCD, 3 - 21 days is $100, 22 - 50 days is $300 and 51+ days is $500. So another change.

What you will have to pay down payment wise will depend upon when you bought your FCD and the terms associated with it.

I have seen no change in the OBC in any of the changes.

edited to say my old FCD required the $250 payment.

The new one I am quoting was issued October 21st, 2014.

Edited by kazu

So I'm in the process of booking 2 cruises, one for May and one for 2016. I have 2 $100 future cruise credits. My PCC say I still owe $150 extra for each cruise. Is this something new? I don't recall having to do this before. One is a 14 day, the other 15 Thx.

I don't know when we purchased the FCDs I just recently used but I booked a 14 day cruise a few days ago and didn't have to pay any extra "top up". However, for a 12 day cruise we took in 2013, we did have to buy the $250 FCDs.

Edited by CowPrincess

Bought FCC in August 2014 on viking passage Eurodam cruise.

November 17 used future cruise deposit for 16 day March 2016 Indonesian Discovery cruise. I did not need to add anymore money to top up, but there may have been a promotion for reduced deposit, I cannot remember.

Carol

I bought a $100 FCD in August of 2014 and used it yesterday to book a 15 day Panama Canal cruise. No other deposit was required.

Inquiring minds want to know. Did you book my Panama canal cruise on the NA or did you book the "old" Amsterdam? I hope you don't mind me asking.

Thx everyone for answering my query. I just got home so I looked at the FCC that I bought in November and it said 3 to 20 days is $100. I'm not sure how old the other FCC is. I'll talk to her tomorrow and see what's up.

so, at the very least the future cruise deposit should do the trick for one cruise. definitely give the PCC a call - they might not even have pulled up your FCD?

good luck and please let us know how you make out.

so, at the very least the future cruise deposit should do the trick for one cruise. definitely give the PCC a call - they might not even have pulled up your FCD?

good luck and please let us know how you make out.

It could be. She told me she was really busy today so maybe that's the problem. I'll let everyone know how it turns out. Thx again.

It could be. She told me she was really busy today so maybe that's the problem. I'll let everyone know how it turns out. Thx again.

I booked the same 20 day NA Panama cruise for 2016 using two $100 FCDs that I bought on the Zuiderdam in April 2014. No additional deposit was required.

Found this:

Future cruises … effective October 2012

Join us for a unique opportunity to discover the world — with incredible savings and extraordinary benefits.

Book your next Holland America

cruise on board and receive

Up tous$200 per person Shipboard Credit

Reduced deposit

Greater availability

Limited time — on board only — reduced deposit

Book on board and you can reserve your next cruise at a reduced deposit. (If you choose to take advantage of Holland America’s Cancellation Protection Plan, this payment will be due prior to the cancellation period.) No additional deposits will be due until time of final payment. Should you need to cancel

your reservation, your reduced deposit will be applicable to another Holland America Line cruise during the applicable period. Your reduced deposit will be subject to cancellation fees if the booking is cancelled within the published cancellation period. Euro bookings are subject to a 20 percent cancellation fee and British pound sterling bookings are subject to a 15 percent cancellation fee once deposit, Future Cruise Deposit or payment is applied.Reduced deposit also available in Australian and Canadian dollars, British pound sterling and euro currencies.

Get the stateroom or suite you want

When you book on board, you have a much better opportunity of receiving the stateroom or suite that best suits your traveling style. This includes preferred

accommodations on our most popular and unique itineraries. That’s because your Future Cruise Consultant has immediate access to Holland America’s

reservation system and can view all

Shipboard Credit per person 3 to 10 days 11 to 21 days 22 to 50 days 51+ days

Interior Stateroom/Ocean-view Stateroom $25 $50 $100 $150

Verandah (VQ–VH) $50 $75 $150 $200

Deluxe (PS–S, SA–SZ, A–BC) $50 $100 $150 $200

BQ classified as Verandah onms Veendam. For complete terms and conditions, please see reverse side.

Length of cruise Future Cruise Deposit per person

3 to 10 days $100

11 to 21 days $250

22 to 50 days $500

51 days and greater$1,000

Not applicable for Grand World Voyage, Grand Voyages or segments thereof. Stateroom availabilities on all sailings. The time to reserve your desired stateroom, suite and dining preference is now.

Your booking will be credited to and finalized by your preferred Travel Professional

Holland America Line will honor any pricing or amenities that your Travel Professional extends in addition to our onboard offers

Ok, I spoke with my PCC. It sounds like one FCD was under the old system and one was a new one. They got me “fixed up” for my NA cruise. They said what they could do is refund me the old FCD and buy a new one. Since I’m going to have to pay the final in a month for the Veendam it didn't seem worth the hassle so I ponied up the extra $150.

Thx everyone for your help!

Excellent! I think you'll enjoy it very much. I'm going to book a cabana soon. Now I just need to keep my job.

Tried calling today to reserve a cabana. They told me they aren't available to book this far out. I asked when they'd be available and was told they don't know. What has your experience been with this?

Found this:

Future cruises … effective October 2012

Join us for a unique opportunity to discover the world — with incredible savings and extraordinary benefits.

Book your next Holland America

cruise on board and receive

Up tous$200 per person Shipboard Credit

Reduced deposit

Greater availability

Limited time — on board only — reduced deposit

Book on board and you can reserve your next cruise at a reduced deposit. (If you choose to take advantage of Holland America’s Cancellation Protection Plan, this payment will be due prior to the cancellation period.) No additional deposits will be due until time of final payment. Should you need to cancel

your reservation, your reduced deposit will be applicable to another Holland America Line cruise during the applicable period. Your reduced deposit will be subject to cancellation fees if the booking is cancelled within the published cancellation period. Euro bookings are subject to a 20 percent cancellation fee and British pound sterling bookings are subject to a 15 percent cancellation fee once deposit, Future Cruise Deposit or payment is applied.Reduced deposit also available in Australian and Canadian dollars, British pound sterling and euro currencies.

Get the stateroom or suite you want

When you book on board, you have a much better opportunity of receiving the stateroom or suite that best suits your traveling style. This includes preferred

accommodations on our most popular and unique itineraries. That’s because your Future Cruise Consultant has immediate access to Holland America’s

reservation system and can view all

Shipboard Credit per person 3 to 10 days 11 to 21 days 22 to 50 days 51+ days

Interior Stateroom/Ocean-view Stateroom $25 $50 $100 $150

Verandah (VQ–VH) $50 $75 $150 $200

Deluxe (PS–S, SA–SZ, A–BC) $50 $100 $150 $200

BQ classified as Verandah onms Veendam. For complete terms and conditions, please see reverse side.

Length of cruise Future Cruise Deposit per person

3 to 10 days $100

11 to 21 days $250

22 to 50 days $500

51 days and greater$1,000

Not applicable for Grand World Voyage, Grand Voyages or segments thereof. Stateroom availabilities on all sailings. The time to reserve your desired stateroom, suite and dining preference is now.

Your booking will be credited to and finalized by your preferred Travel Professional

Holland America Line will honor any pricing or amenities that your Travel Professional extends in addition to our onboard offers

This information is outdated. I am reading directly from the FCCs I bought last month on the NA and the deposit requirements are as follows:

3 to 21 days. $100

22 to 50 days. $300

51+days. $1000

Tried calling today to reserve a cabana. They told me they aren't available to book this far out. I asked when they'd be available and was told they don't know. What has your experience been with this?

I haven't called them yet on this. On my last cruise I booked six months ahead. When I called at that time they made out like I was still "lucky" to get one. Nice that they have no idea when they will be available. I think I may start a new thread about that to see if anyone knows.

I just got off the phone and talked with someone different and was able to book one. You know the old saying "ask two different people, get two different answers". Well, that totally applied here. She said I was the first person to book one so I think you're okay if you wait a few days.