Constellation Penthouse 6147

john_galt

Luckily the PH is too steep for us - That would have been my husband at the piano all night, if I didn't give him a curfew. Beautiful playing, but not in the middle of the night with neighbors close by. [emoji4]

Can he play Johnny Cash's Ring of Fire? I have a great parody lyric for that, and we could do a Karaoke act on Connie!

My husband is a saxophonist, but he has been tickling the ivories for the past couple of weeks practicing Jazz standards after finding out that we will be residing in the Penthouse for 10 days.

I, on the other hand, have been practicing my Hanon Studies.

We are on a port-intensive cruise, so we will not be staying up in the wee hours of the morning hammering on the keys - but will restrain ourselves and play during respectable hours only :p

Heather

Edited by hvbaskey

We returned yesterday from our second stay in 6147 on the Constellation. Room was in a little better condition. Must have been a dry-dock since we were on in 2014. TV in the bathroom had been removed but the hot water in the outside hot tub worked this trip.

Our butler (Alex) was superb. The refrigerator was kept completely full of every beverage you could imagine. Service was outstanding. We ate every meal in the room. I've been on the Constellation twice and still don't know what the MDR looks like.

• 1 month later...

One more sleep and then we are on our way to Venice. We board the Connie on Monday, May 9th and look forward to our stay in PH 6147 :)

We are sooooooooo excited - I will be blogging the entire experience (see link in my signature line) - “Italy & Croatia” cruise.

Any words of wisdom, tips, for our first Penthouse experience?

We plan to “live in the moment” and savour every second of this amazing opportunity.

Heather & Anthony

Ontario, Canada

We returned yesterday from our second stay in 6147 on the Constellation. Room was in a little better condition. Must have been a dry-dock since we were on in 2014. TV in the bathroom had been removed but the hot water in the outside hot tub worked this trip.

Our butler (Alex) was superb. The refrigerator was kept completely full of every beverage you could imagine. Service was outstanding. We ate every meal in the room. I've been on the Constellation twice and still don't know what the MDR looks like.

In March, we were next door in 6145. S1 Sky Suite. Thanks for sharing the pictures. It's nice to see what was on the other side of that connecting door. :) We also had Alex as our butler, and he was wonderful. Between Alex bringing my afternoon tea, and the excellent service in Luminae, it was the first cruise where I really felt pampered.

Thanks for posting the pics!

Won't be sailing the Connie, but will be in 6147 on the Summit this summer and now I'm even more excited to finally set foot inside this beautiful suite!

Totally agree with you that life is short and you should enjoy it to the fullest.

My dad had all his plans set out of what he and Mom would do when they retired and he suddenly died at the age of 57 :(

That was over 20 yrs ago and taught me a lesson that you never know what the future holds!

You can't count on tomorrow.

Now that I have reached the same age that my father lived to, I think I can say so far I have no regrets of not doing the things I wanted.

It's been my husband's dream to sail in the PH ever since he saw it on our first Summit cruise. We were in a RS and got invited for drinks by the occupants.

When I saw the cost, I just couldn't process spending that for one week, but then I thought, he works hard to provide for myself and our son, I couldn't deny him something on his bucket list!

Happy that Mom (and my sister) are joining us too in a SS. Can't wait for Mom to enjoy the beautiful Summit and Bermuda!

Happy sailings to all!

Thanks for posting the pics!

Totally agree with you that life is short and you should enjoy it to the fullest.

My dad had all his plans set out of what he and Mom would do when they retired and he suddenly died at the age of 57 :(

That was over 20 yrs ago and taught me a lesson that you never know what the future holds!

You can't count on tomorrow.

Happy sailings to all!

Couldn't agree more! My father also worked all his life and seldom went on vacation, never took a "sick day". He was waiting to retire ... shortly after retirement, he was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and he passed away within the next 5 years from complications. He taught me a valuable lesson! Do what you can, when you can, and live without any regrets!

Although our upcoming Penthouse experience might spoil future cruising for us - we are going to live in each and every moment, with lots of gratitude for the experience.

Our next cruise following this one, we have 6145 booked on the Millie and we will likely "pine away" being next door to 6147.

Heather & Anthony

Ontario, Canada

One more sleep and then we are on our way to Venice. We board the Connie on Monday, May 9th and look forward to our stay in PH 6147 :)

We are sooooooooo excited - I will be blogging the entire experience (see link in my signature line) - “Italy & Croatia” cruise.

Any words of wisdom, tips, for our first Penthouse experience?

We plan to “live in the moment” and savour every second of this amazing opportunity.

Heather & Anthony

Ontario, Canada

Just have a great cruise! If you go with the positive attitude you appear to have, you will have a fabulous time.

Couldn't agree more! My father also worked all his life and seldom went on vacation, never took a "sick day". He was waiting to retire ... shortly after retirement, he was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and he passed away within the next 5 years from complications. He taught me a valuable lesson! Do what you can, when you can, and live without any regrets!

Although our upcoming Penthouse experience might spoil future cruising for us - we are going to live in each and every moment, with lots of gratitude for the experience.

Our next cruise following this one, we have 6145 booked on the Millie and we will likely "pine away" being next door to 6147.

Heather & Anthony

Ontario, Canada

We were just in 6145 on Connie in March, and while it's no comparison to the PH, it's lovely. Enjoy your cruise!

We are on board and soaking in every minute of this amazing experience.

The room is beautiful and we are so thankful to be here.

Sail-away at 16:30 hours with new friends.

Feeling thankful and very blessed,

Heather & Anthony

We are on board and soaking in every minute of this amazing experience.

The room is beautiful and we are so thankful to be here.

Sail-away at 16:30 hours with new friends.

Feeling thankful and very blessed,

Heather & Anthony

Have a wonderful cruise!

what i wonder is...why Celebrity cut the size of the balcony so much in the PH on the S class?....a bigger balcony is pretty easy structurally and is great for parties. The balcony on the S class is like what?...10% of the size of the balcony on the M class? I hope the new Edge class does not continue the trend....but not holding my breath

Why would you go to the MDR if you were in the PH? Luminae and all the specialty restaurants available at no additional charge......also,...why would you eat in the room?

Why would you go to the MDR if you were in the PH? Luminae and all the specialty restaurants available at no additional charge......also,...why would you eat in the room?

Because sometimes it's nice to eat in your jammies after a long day touring. And not have to sit through a two-hour dinner.

Because sometimes it's nice to eat in your jammies after a long day touring. And not have to sit through a two-hour dinner.

Agreed.

But we, and our guests, have also have some spectacular meals in our suite [although, granted, these are not something anyone can expect]

what i wonder is...why Celebrity cut the size of the balcony so much in the PH on the S class?....a bigger balcony is pretty easy structurally and is great for parties. The balcony on the S class is like what?...10% of the size of the balcony on the M class? I hope the new Edge class does not continue the trend....but not holding my breath

We did an M class PH cruise as a 'one time only' treat....we have done two more since then and have a third booked! Much as we love the room, the butlers pantry, the service level....it is the balcony we adored. At night we would lie out looking at the stars, watch the wake fade into the distance, sip our cognac and just feel so blessed.

After years of thoroughly enjoying S class RS cruises with no issues re the room next year we have decided to try an S class PH. One of the main reasons we have not been tempted before is the balcony which seems so long and thin...I am hoping the convenient position on the ship and all those windows may compensate! I must blame a fellow British CC poster for this choice, after reading her reviews on the Eclipse PH we felt we just had to give it a try!

Like the above quote says, we are also hoping for some great balcony designs and layouts on the new ships...jacuzzi, 4 seater balcony table, at least two sun beds please and room to move around them!

After years of thoroughly enjoying S class RS cruises with no issues re the room next year we have decided to try an S class PH. One of the main reasons we have not been tempted before is the balcony which seems so long and thin...I am hoping the convenient position on the ship and all those windows may compensate!

I was about to respond saying that you should love the position and the light from the windows - and then I read on and saw what follows!

I must blame a fellow British CC poster for this choice, after reading her reviews on the Eclipse PH we felt we just had to give it a try!

If you are referring to me, I feel a huge responsibility! You should love the suite. It really has a much better flow than the M-class PH. My husband absolutely adores the main bathroom. [i have a dislike for huge bathrooms but love the guest bathroom - so we are both happy.]

Agreed that the balcony is much smaller and there is no view of the wake but it is not too bad. Just wish that they would have two loungers similar to those recently installed on Summit rather than the wicker furniture they currently have.

I was about to respond saying that you should love the position and the light from the windows - and then I read on and saw what follows!

If you are referring to me, I feel a huge responsibility! You should love the suite. It really has a much better flow than the M-class PH. My husband absolutely adores the main bathroom. [i have a dislike for huge bathrooms but love the guest bathroom - so we are both happy.]

Agreed that the balcony is much smaller and there is no view of the wake but it is not too bad. Just wish that they would have two loungers similar to those recently installed on Summit rather than the wicker furniture they currently have.

I certainly was referring to you, Sue! You clearly really enjoyed and we seem to share similar likes and dislikes!

As I know I have said on other posts the RS on S class really suits us but we were shown the RS and CS on M class and both seemed to have compromises hence if we cruise M class it has to be the PH! Hope we will be happy to drop back to RS on S class or the number of cruises we take will be dropping!

I will be expecting you to post me lots of information on how to best to enjoy nearer the time!

Agreed.

But we, and our guests, have also have some spectacular meals in our suite [although, granted, these are not something anyone can expect]

Have also had a lovely meal with guests, but, again, it was after a long day of touring. Sometimes it's just nice not to have to deal with going to a dining room.

A few photos from our sail-away party. We had invited those who volunteered their cabins for the cabin crawl later in the cruise. A "thank you" to the future hosts for allowing others to see their cabins. In addition, a few extra people were invited who were friends. ~ 20 people in total. We had plenty of room!

We had let our Butler know that a few people were coming over, as we needed some extra champagne glasses. Well? Homer is just amazing. After muster drill, we came back to a fully dressed dining room table with not only the glasses that we had requested, but the table was beautifully presented, the champagne chilled, and small trays of nibblies presented. We were truly thankful of his thoughtfulness! Some of our guests brought extra bottles of bubbly from their cabins as well, very thoughtful of them.

One of our guests started a tip glass, which was well appreciated - as Homer truly enhanced our sail-away experience.

Heather

sailaway-09May2-L.jpg

sailaway_group-L.jpg

I certainly was referring to you, Sue! You clearly really enjoyed and we seem to share similar likes and dislikes!

As I know I have said on other posts the RS on S class really suits us but we were shown the RS and CS on M class and both seemed to have compromises hence if we cruise M class it has to be the PH! Hope we will be happy to drop back to RS on S class or the number of cruises we take will be dropping!

I will be expecting you to post me lots of information on how to best to enjoy nearer the time!

Drop me a line at my screen name with the digit one added [with no spaces] at aol dot com. [This is not my regular email address but I check it every day or two.]

Drop me a line at my screen name with the digit one added [with no spaces] at aol dot com. [This is not my regular email address but I check it every day or two.]

Thanks, I will send a test mail. Please can you confirm if you receive

Edited by chemmo

A few photos from our sail-away party. We had invited those who volunteered their cabins for the cabin crawl later in the cruise. A "thank you" to the future hosts for allowing others to see their cabins. In addition, a few extra people were invited who were friends. ~ 20 people in total. We had plenty of room!

We had let our Butler know that a few people were coming over, as we needed some extra champagne glasses. Well? Homer is just amazing. After muster drill, we came back to a fully dressed dining room table with not only the glasses that we had requested, but the table was beautifully presented, the champagne chilled, and small trays of nibblies presented. We were truly thankful of his thoughtfulness! Some of our guests brought extra bottles of bubbly from their cabins as well, very thoughtful of them.

One of our guests started a tip glass, which was well appreciated - as Homer truly enhanced our sail-away experience.

Heather

sailaway-09May2-L.jpg

sailaway_group-L.jpg

Thank you for sharing - what a great experience for you!