Constellation Penthouse 6147

john_galt

Received OK and have replied.

Have responded on your standard email. Thanks.

Apologies for interrupting the post.

Hvbaskey, hope you continue to enjoy your cruise...your photos are bringing back some very happy memories and reminding us of some joys to come!

Just off Connie this past Monday - stayed in 6147. Awesome experience. Homer (butler) was superb as well as support from Megan (MC concierge). We are "low key" and enjoy our relaxation in the room. Of course Penthouse suite on M class is a great place to do that. We did get invited to dinner with the Staff Captain in the Tuscan Grill. This was absolutely one of the top highlights of the cruise for us. We had a table for 8 and the evening was marvelous. All in all, the cruise was one of the best we have ever had.

A few photos added thus far - but more to come later this week:

Heather

I love the lighting that you used in these pics. I will show them to my husband (who has become the family photographer) and 'suggest' that he take pictures of our cabin in the same type of low lighting. (RS, a PH would probably be so awesome I would keel over and be rendered useless for the rest of the cruise!). :D;)

Today, all Royal & Penthouse Suite guests were invited to a Bridge tour, followed by an awesome luncheon in Blu (private function) with the Captain and many Senior Officers. The luncheon had an Italian theme and the courses served were top notch.

It was a very classy and well appreciated private event.

Heather

Today, all Royal & Penthouse Suite guests were invited to a Bridge tour, followed by an awesome luncheon in Blu (private function) with the Captain and many Senior Officers. The luncheon had an Italian theme and the courses served were top notch.

Heather

Whilst we have been invited to many bridge tours, never been to one with a following luncheon! Nice to see X exploring some new 'Treats'!

Heather

Would love to know about the new Italian Captain of the Constellation.

We wil be on the Constellation July 1 in a Ci aft cabin... some day a suite.

Your suite looks awesome and so nice of you to have it part of the cabin crawl.

Would love to know about the new Italian Captain of the Constellation.

We wil be on the Constellation July 1 in a Ci aft cabin... some day a suite.

Your suite looks awesome and so nice of you to have it part of the cabin crawl.

The new captain is absolutely awesome! approachable, friendly and a great role model for all of his staff. Captain Vito's hometown is Venice, so it is lovely to have him be the Master of the Vessel as we sail from and return to, his beautiful city.

This style of luncheon (Royal & Penthouse guests) was a first for the Constellation and it was very well received.

The entire staff of the Constellation from top (Captain Vito) down are stellar. Very approachable and accommodating.

My only regret? this cruise is only 10 days in length and we were wishing it were longer ... but we are living each and every moment.

Heather

Our apologies for not joining you in the afternoon as promised. We were there in the morning and saw a group entering, so they allowed us in also. As it was awful weather, we decided to go back to the ship and dry out.

This ship is mega superb isnt it? The service is impeccable as are the staff.

A wonderful experience for us.

Heather

Oh boy oh boy oh boy. I hope the Summit adopts this awesome idea!

The new captain is absolutely awesome! approachable, friendly and a great role model for all of his staff. Captain Vito's hometown is Venice, so it is lovely to have him be the Master of the Vessel as we sail from and return to, his beautiful city.

This style of luncheon (Royal & Penthouse guests) was a first for the Constellation and it was very well received.

The entire staff of the Constellation from top (Captain Vito) down are stellar. Very approachable and accommodating.

My only regret? this cruise is only 10 days in length and we were wishing it were longer ... but we are living each and every moment.

Heather

Thank you for the information. We'll be boarding the Connie in Rome on the 31st for Med cruise ending in Venice. Have been wondering about the new captain, especially since previous captain was well-liked.

Will be in a Royal Suite, so hope we have similar experience.

• 4 weeks later...
Much as we love the room, the butlers pantry, the service level....it is the balcony we adored

I agree with you entirely! The colossal balcony is the primary reason that 6147, 6148 are our favorite staterooms in the M Class. Sure the pantry is nice, but it's far from a deciding factor.

In the M Class ships, if both PHs are booked, I usually look for a different cruise/sailing because there is no additional 1/2 powder room in the RSs.

In the S Class ships, however, instead of immediately looking for another cruise, I sometimes book a RS if both PHs are booked. The additional powder room in the RS makes a difference.

• 3 months later...

Thanks everyone for posting, we're looking forward to our B2B on Connie.

I noted the table on the Balcony seemed smaller than other PH tables I've seen. Has anyone noticed if this is the standard table or maybe it was in for repair? Those bigger tables are a bit of pain as the top is not solid. The Tub also looks ilke it has been replaced from the original on the balcony as well, but not quite as new as the refiubished one inside on Infinity (the outside one was actually older looking, a bit of a disappointment). I love the teak deck much nicer than the newer, "fake" decking.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Thanks everyone for posting, we're looking forward to our B2B on Connie.

I noted the table on the Balcony seemed smaller than other PH tables I've seen. Has anyone noticed if this is the standard table or maybe it was in for repair? Those bigger tables are a bit of pain as the top is not solid. The Tub also looks ilke it has been replaced from the original on the balcony as well, but not quite as new as the refiubished one inside on Infinity (the outside one was actually older looking, a bit of a disappointment). I love the teak deck much nicer than the newer, "fake" decking.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

The teak deck was fabulous (I LOVE the real stuff).

The table was suffice, we were only 2 people, unless we had new friends over and we managed.

The interior master bath jet tub was much nicer than the deck tub, but we enjoyed both ;)

Heather