What clothes to pack?

MochaJava8125

First of all down go over board:D

No really.

Maybe two outfits that can be worn if the weather is cooler, then pack the rest for warmth of the caribbean sun.

Bathing suits, shorts, take mix and match outfits.

flip flops a pair of sandals and sneakers.

A light weight sweater.

If you mix and match outfits you can take less.

Enjoy.

Safe travels.

You can check the weather online before you leave....no more than 2 days out, to make adjustments to your wardrobe....daytime is VERY casual....weather permitting, most will be in swimsuits/shorts all day!

Edited by cb at sea

Hi-

Some suggestions:

* Light sweater or over-shirts for inside the ship if you get cold easily (ships are all air conditioned)

* Poncho or umbrella in case of rain (usually brief in the Caribbean)

* Casual evening wear--main dining room is getting more and more casual (except for formal nights), so nice pants and top or informal dress is fine

* Other than that, shorts, light tops, bathing suits, cover-ups and sandals--(aka, resort wear). You're going to be in the Caribbean, after all!

-- Musing About Cruising

Go to your cruiseline's webpage and there will be a section about what to pack. This has also been discussed many times on CC. Try heading to the Fashion Board and doing a search. You can pull up many packing lists.

After you lay out everything you want to bring, take about half of it out, and you'll be about right.

Edited by 6rugrats

Just off our first cruise (Caribbean) earlier this week. We overpacked on clothes and underpacked on swimsuits. Pack twice as many suits/coverups and half as many clothes. I was surprised how many people wear their suits all day, anywhere on the ship. Obviously you need a coverup for inside, but I just assumed people would only wear suits by the pool. Oops!

I was glad that I brought a thin hoodie for hanging out in the room/on our balcony at night. I was also glad that I brought a thin sweater to throw on over my sundress at dinner. The A/C in the dining room was chilly, especially after a day in the sun!

I usually pack dresses for the entire cruise with various cardigans to put on when it is chilly. They are comfortable, take up little room, look good no matter where you go and all fit over a bathing suit beautifully! (and don't bunch up if you put an extra pound or two :) )

I also have a pair of really nice sandals that have a plastic bottom, leather top and go from the pool to the beach to the dining room with no issues.

The Bahamas are NOT the Caribbean. They are often a bit chillier. Check the weather reports before you go.

I am with GoofyCrew. Hoodie or cardigan is a good idea. I also bring a Pashmina . A wet bathing suit all day? I feel cold and clammy just reading about it.

My first consideration is if I am flying and will incur baggage fees on the airline. If I am driving to port (NY/NJ), I pack whatever I think I might need (absolutely over pack). If I am flying, I take about 1/3 of that and still have plenty. I prefer black pants for dinner, which can be paired with different blouses (which are light and easy to pack). I try not to bring my brown tones, as I like to limit my shoes, which is where I sometimes go crazy (ie: packing 10 pair or more).