Grandeur vs. Pride

Just out of curiosity I did a price comparison between Carnival Pride and RC Grandeur of the Seas. Both leaving out of Baltimore, balcony room, 7 days to the Bahamas, first week of June. Grandeur was almost 900 dollars more, and that was with the 50% off the 2nd guest discount! What does that extra money go for? Better cooks? More talented singers? Thicker bacon?

I did Enchantment and I've also considered Grandeur. Cruises to Bermuda in late August are cheap if you're looking for a new palce. But if you want to go to the Bahamas and/or you are married to early June, then stick with Pride. Beautiful ship, You'll love it! Wave to my house when you pass under the Key Bridge! :D

The extra $900 goes for the new Quantum and Anthem. :p I've been on the Grandeur for a 10 day cruise with my child. It's nothing fancy, but I found a great deal that I couldn't pass up. Carnival's food is better than the food on the Grandeur. I had booked the Pride for this summer, but I had to change it. Anyway, if the initiary is similar, I'd go with the Pride. With that said, you might want to look at cruises out of Florida, because the prices might be cheaper even with the cost of flying.

Just out of curiosity I did a price comparison between Carnival Pride and RC Grandeur of the Seas. Both leaving out of Baltimore, balcony room, 7 days to the Bahamas, first week of June. Grandeur was almost 900 dollars more, and that was with the 50% off the 2nd guest discount! What does that extra money go for? Better cooks? More talented singers? Thicker bacon?

That sale on RCI is a joke. They just jack up the prices to the point where when they give you the 50% off the second person you get the cruise for the normal price.

Best bet is to wait until after final payment date and then the prices drop.

Bill

Been on both I had a suite on both the one on the Grandeur was larger and being in a suite there you get access to the concierge club and free booze from 430 to 8 PM. The suite on the Pride was nice too but more storage on the Grandeur. I thought food was good on both and shows were better on the Pride. Staff was great on both and cruise is cheaper on the Pride. Going on the Pride again this April. We got more perks on my the Grandeur as a suite guest then the Pride. Like both ships.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanksgiving week I priced the Grandeur and the Quantum for a balcony room for two. The Grandeur was $5000. The Quantum was $4800. Yes that ragged old ship was 200 more than a ship that was on it's maiden voyage that week. I went on the NCL Breakaway for $2500. I have never been been the Grandeur, but I have been on the Pride twice. I drive past those ships every week. Just looking at them from the outside the Pride appears much nicer. RCI is ridiculous with their pricing. I would pay a premium for the Oasis, Allure, or Quantum. There are a lot of extras on those ships, and they are destination ships. No way am I paying a premium to sail on a 20 year old boat that actually caught fire a couple years ago.

I just did the Granduer in October and the Pride in 2013. I am taking hubby on his first non Disney cruise next October and chose the Pride because of the destination. While I liked both ships I enjoyed the entertainment on Grandeur better, bingo is more frequent on the Pride and I enjoyed the food on both. You would think that since they both go out of Baltimore that they would be more competitive on pricing. I am so looking forward to the 2.0 on the Pride. I also agree that RCL's sale is a joke. I rebooked on the Granduer for a cruise in 16 on the Allue and this sale is $750 more.

Oh I sure hope the fellow is the same at the piano bar, he was amazing and so entertaining.