Queen beds don't split?

tgg

I am totally confused on this subject now, as I have a lorra lorra days on SB, and thought I knew the things which one needs to know. Just looked at the deck plans on the web, and it would appear that on Sojourn and Quest all the handicapped suites have a queen bed only (not very logical, I would have thought for a handicapped person who one might expect to be happier in their own bed!) but the inference is that all others can be split. The Odyssey seems to be all beds splittable. When will SB learn to make things clear? On a different topic, does anyone remember the ad which suggests you can have a 7 course dinner at midnight in your suite?? Don't think that would work out too well.

I can understand why the handicapped suites only have a queen bed. I'm sure that they can in fact be split, but doing so would probably make the suite a non-handicapped suite because the clearances would be reduced. The space that results from splitting the bed has to come from from somewhere.

I can understand why the handicapped suites only have a queen bed. I'm sure that they can in fact be split, but doing so would probably make the suite a non-handicapped suite because the clearances would be reduced. The space that results from splitting the bed has to come from from somewhere.

Yes, I get your point entirely, conchyjoe. And I imagine that if one of you is in a wheelchair you would make a special effort to discover the layout of your suite. The fact remains, however, that the printed brochure deck plans do not show which suites cannot be made into twins, which IMO is a failing by Seabourn, as to quite a few people this is important. And I have the impression that one at least of the Owner's suites cannot be a twin, which is not on the web plan of the ship? Anyway, probably enough on this topic - just a good idea to warn people that they need to double check before finally booking.

And I have the impression that one at least of the Owner's suites cannot be a twin, which is not on the web plan of the ship?

Yep and if it had been Master W and I total disaster,,,, I am not ready to share a bed with my adult son (and the number of rollaways are limited)

We sailed in 800 owners suite on the Odyssey in October the bed was configured as a queen but i did see that the side tables were removable and it could be set up as a twin.

Mysteriouser and mysteriouser!

Also, I wonder Mrs.Waldo if you were actually on a gty suite, and therefore did not have any choice - though you did get an expensive suite! - or if you actually chose this owner's suite in the first place?

Oh and we were on Sojourn..

Lincslady you actually participated in the thread where I discussed what happened with our upgrade…. and were very vocal about people getting better suites on GTY….

Please see my suite post re Holiday cruise as well.. You will note I declined the booking because I couldn't get a suite I wanted. And FWIW the non split on the OW actually made me less inclined to book that level as I may have done, for Antarctica I was more concerned about swell (justified) but for other cruises with the 3 of us an OW would have been ideal.

Edited by MrsWaldo

Singles on a cruise ship are slightly narrower than the standard single.. otherwise known as a small single…

The difference in the terminology…

2 small singles actually equal a UK King or an Asian King (which is known as a Queen in many places)

2 Standard Singles equal a UK superking (which is known as a King in most places)

(Never buy King Sized sheets in Singapore)

Edited by MrsWaldo

Oh and we were on Sojourn..

Lincslady you actually participated in the thread where I discussed what happened with our upgrade…. and were very vocal about people getting better suites on GTY….

Please see my suite post re Holiday cruise as well.. You will note I declined the booking because I couldn't get a suite I wanted. And FWIW the non split on the OW actually made me less inclined to book that level as I may have done, for Antarctica I was more concerned about swell (justified) but for other cruises with the 3 of us an OW would have been ideal.

Apologies, Mrs. Waldo. I imagine you must have the mistake we once made, by not making sure the TA told Seabourn we did not want an 'automatic upgrade', having booked a specific suite. If this happens you are not allowed to have your original suite (though it is probably a lower grade) as it has already been assigned to a gty pasenger. We did not like the position of our automatic upgrade and had to make a real effort to have something in a suitable spot. It is easy to see why Seabourn does this of course, and you are supposed to be grateful for an 'upgrade'.

In that instance for us it made no difference…in fact was a bonus because Master W had his own "loo" (no mistake.. careful planning and was hoping for a penthouse upgrade… double bonus was the OW)

sharing with Miss W isn't an issue… it sometimes happens at home… ;) Had I had to share with Master W I would have put the caveat on

I was clear on our Antarctica no upgrade as I didn't want to be forward or up due to seas

I am a very anal planner….. always have been and will only part with $$ when I am sure I have all bases covered

Why I ended up on SS for better or worse for Xmas 2015

:rolleyes:

Edited by MrsWaldo

• 2 weeks later...
1. Prosciutto and melon

2. soup

3. salad

4. steak or salmon

5. cheese

6. dessert

7. PIZZA

I've only just seen this thread again.:D

Curious minds want to know, would the PIZZA definitely come after the dessert? Are you sure about that? ;)

And I'm fairly certain that Mr L's tongue was also firmly in his cheek when he suggest the house Cote du Rhone to go with this fine repast.

Curious minds want to know, would the PIZZA definitely come after the dessert? Are you sure about that? ;)

And I'm fairly certain that Mr L's tongue was also firmly in his cheek when he suggest the house Cote du Rhone to go with this fine repast.

Absolutely

A beer would be more the thing at that time of night and as drunk as anyone might be ordering a seven course banquet from room service.

Pizza works anytime for me but one is free to insert between any course one likes!!!!