Sandals

daniel39

I think it would be acceptable, as you say. But I think you may find yourself in a minority. Most men seem to be dressed smart trousers, shoes and short sleeve open neck shirt. The guidelines suggest smart jeans are okay, but in reality you rarely see them

Hi guys,first time cruiser so would like to know if it is acceptable to wear almost full sandals on a smart casual evening with chinos or linen trousers?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Might be seen by some as a fashion faux pas, especially if you wear socks as well! More seriously though, I agree with Mr Piano - most men wear 'proper' shoes even on smart casual.

Hi guys,first time cruiser so would like to know if it is acceptable to wear almost full sandals on a smart casual evening with chinos or linen trousers?

Absolutely. No problem there.

On our recent cruise on Azura there were a good number of men wearing so-called smart jeans. IMO Jeans only look smart on young men with good figures and your £20 M&S jeans don't look smart on anyone especially older men with their shirt tails out.

Yeh been to Caribbean a few times and seem to get on with yanks better less hang ups of social class and I'm better than you attitude!ended up on po as read a review and said its just like benidorm thought that would be a good craic!

Funny thing is on all the cruises i have been on i have never looked at anyone elses feet ;)

Obviously the almost completely covered sandals will be better with dayglo pink or green socks, or maybe a pink and green sock :D

forget about the P&O fashion police.

Yeh been to Caribbean a few times and seem to get on with yanks better less hang ups of social class and I'm better than you attitude!ended up on po as read a review and said its just like benidorm thought that would be a good craic!

Firstly I don't think anyone said he couldn't wear sandals or chinos, only that he may be in a minority, just as I would have been had I wore my cruise dinner suit on my recent fabulous holiday in Benidorm.

I like to play golf and I am told what the dress code is, I don't have any hang ups about dress code or I wouldn't play golf. I am told what the cruise dress code is, so happily go along with it. What's the problem?

As an ex St.Helens coal miner of 22 years and staunchly working class, I suppose, yes I am the social elite :rolleyes:

Tbh it's been a steep learning curve on dealing with our booking agent(useless)!and it seems to be all a con to extract as much money out of you as possible but hey it's the uk and we pay more for everything!it doesn't change the experience, the islands and if the entertainment awful at least it will be funny!😀love the Caribbean be better than Bolton!

A friend of ours went to dinner on HAL last February with almost full sandals.

He wasn't allowed into the MDR. He had to go back to the cabin to change his shoes, this was in the anytime dining restaurant which is equal to the Freedom Restaurant on P&O.

How the Maitre D saw them I'll never know.

I cant believe this thread has got to 2 pages long.

Simple question, simple answer.

I think if the overall impression is of smartness, why would anyone have to look at someones footwear.

Daniel as above. The fashion police may live on the boards ,but not on the cruise ship.

I hope you enjoy your cruise.

Who have you booked with (don't name them just clues), as you feel they are trying to get as much money out of you as possible.

Maybe people could give you pointers for next time.

Next time? OOh yes there is usually a next time , it is a terrible habit to have to endure..

Funny thing is on all the cruises i have been on i have never looked at anyone elses feet ;)

The only time I have looked at anyone's feet is on a cruise where we were rocking and rolling about and those ladies with exceptionally high heels were rolling more than anyone else. So much so they were hanging on to anything they could. Moral of the story high heels and a rolling ship don't go.