How to get a copy of your sail & sign ?

DKNE

Just off the Breeze from last week and our final sail & sign that was given to us on the last night is totally different then what they charged our credit card. (like almost $100 more!)

How do you obtain another copy of your sail & sign to see if they added things that shouldn't have been added.

Thanks !

The last thing we purchased was pictures from the gallery, which is on our bill. The last bill printed was 12.01 am and nothing was purchased after that, as we were in bed and we left the ship that morning.

The last thing we purchased was pictures from the gallery, which is on our bill. The last bill printed was 12.01 am and nothing was purchased after that, as we were in bed and we left the ship that morning.

Did you have soda/alcohol from your mini fridge that didn't get charged until the steward turned over the room for the next cruise?

Nope, didn't take a towel, never once opened up the mini bar fridge, actually hung back up the robes we never used and yes I do have a final copy of the last bill printed that was left at our door.

Guessing I should email carnival?!!

Nope, didn't take a towel, never once opened up the mini bar fridge, actually hung back up the robes we never used and yes I do have a final copy of the last bill printed that was left at our door.

Guessing I should email carnival?!!

I definitely would!

This might be a stupid question, but I see you are from Canada, so am I, are you seeing the amount on your credit card after the conversion from USD to CAD? Or is the USD amount charged by Carnival incorrect?

Sent from my BlackBerry Z10 using Tapatalk

This might be a stupid question, but I see you are from Canada, so am I, are you seeing the amount on your credit card after the conversion from USD to CAD? Or is the USD amount charged by Carnival incorrect?

Ya I kind of key factored in there would be a us exchange rate, but unless they charge a 38% exchange rate, this is it totally off.

Our final bill was $281 (yes that's for real lol) but the credit card charge is $379. Its almost $100 more, and that isn't right, as I took out usd in cash and I didn't pay that much in exchange.

So something is up.

That works out to 25% exchange rate, which is about right currently. I would call your card issuer, and ask what the original charge in USD was.

$281USD converts to $349.16 Canadian according to xe.com

The exchange rate is $1.24

Your charge is a $1.34 exchange rate.

Did Carnival convert it or did your CC company convert?

Us little people never/rarely get the official rate. Even no fee credit cards add a bit to the percentage for the convenience.

Edited by SadieN

Just off the Breeze from last week and our final sail & sign that was given to us on the last night is totally different then what they charged our credit card. (like almost $100 more!)

How do you obtain another copy of your sail & sign to see if they added things that shouldn't have been added.

Thanks !

I just had a small discrepancy on my recent cruise. If you call Carnival's 800 number and speak with a customer service rep, they can immediately email you a PDF of your final Sign and Sail bill. (A few bar charges did not make it through their billing before we left the ship.)

I just had a small discrepancy on my recent cruise. If you call Carnival's 800 number and speak with a customer service rep' date=' they can immediately email you a PDF of your final Sign and Sail bill. (A few bar charges did not make it through their billing before we left the ship.)[/quote']

Great good to know. I am going to call them instead of waiting on an email.

Thanks !

Ya I kind of key factored in there would be a us exchange rate, but unless they charge a 38% exchange rate, this is it totally off.

Our final bill was $281 (yes that's for real lol) but the credit card charge is $379. Its almost $100 more, and that isn't right, as I took out usd in cash and I didn't pay that much in exchange.

So something is up.

I've never dealt with exchange rates. Ironically, this is a new subject on the NCL board right now talking about a cruise in US dollars converting to Canadian. Just thought you or others might be interested in that thread.

What did you find out??:):D

They charged us mini bar services in cabin, said we had coke and sprite. But we had a bottomless bubbles card, so I told her why would we open can's or sprite and coke. They will be refunding us :D

I believe that sometimes Carnival puts a temporary hold on cards.

From the web site.

During embarkation, when your credit card is swiped, an initial hold of $100 (for cruises 5 days or less) or $200 (for cruises 6 days or more). Then, throughout the voyage incremental holds will be obtained as needed. You should know, this will reduce the amount of available credit on the credit card or restrict the availability of cash in the checking/debit account. Authorization hold releases to your account is entirely up to your issuing bank.

the bank may be the one you need to talk to.

I believe that sometimes Carnival puts a temporary hold on cards.

From the web site.

During embarkation, when your credit card is swiped, an initial hold of $100 (for cruises 5 days or less) or $200 (for cruises 6 days or more). Then, throughout the voyage incremental holds will be obtained as needed. You should know, this will reduce the amount of available credit on the credit card or restrict the availability of cash in the checking/debit account. Authorization hold releases to your account is entirely up to your issuing bank.

the bank may be the one you need to talk to.

Got it sorted out :D