Why no Carnival stop in St. Maarten?

topaz123

I dont know if something has happened there very recently, but I was there on Carnival Freedom in November 2014.

I had not heard that Carnival was no longer going there. I hope they still will be going, and believe they will be. It is one of my favorite ports of call.

I did just a quick look see on the Carnival website....We used to stop there on just about every one of our earlier Carnival cruises..just doesn't see to be a regular stop now like it used too. We love the stop....just wondered if there was some reason it was not as popular a stop as it used to be. Thanks to all!

We have been to St. Maarten on Carnival years ago...but cant seem to find a Carnival ship that stops there now....what happened?

Freedom, Valor, Conquest, Liberty, Triumph, Sunshine, Pride, Glory, Breeze, and Dream will all visit St. Maarten in the next year on cruises ranging from 4 to 14 days.

Not to derail, but I wish the Carnival website would bring back the ability to search by ports of call. I used to search for cruises that went to St Maarten using this feature. Depending on the cruise, it can appear in eastern or southern itineraries. As the above poster mentioned, we are going to St Maarten on the pride, but in 2016. But in the past I really liked the itinerary they ran on the Triumph, st thomas, st maarten and st croix.

I think it got too popular... The last time we were in St Maarten, there was 6 ships which bottlenecked the island with 30,000 people inundating the place. Traffic was at a standstill and people everywhere... I bet port fees have increased as well...

Carnival is still going, but I bet they are going a little less because of the ship traffic.

We will be going there on the Triumph in August. That being said, our first cruise we went to St. Thomas and St. Maarten. Since then we have stopped at St. Thomas five times and never St. Maarten again. Looking forward to going there again.

I think it got too popular... The last time we were in St Maarten, there was 6 ships which bottlenecked the island with 30,000 people inundating the place. Traffic was at a standstill and people everywhere... I bet port fees have increased as well...

Carnival is still going, but I bet they are going a little less because of the ship traffic.

I am on the Valor in March and there are only 2 ships in St Maarten that day-woot!