When is the next good RC sale?

rn4ever06

I thought BOGO one started in May 2014. :confused:

And why do we fail to grasp that cabins booked 8 months ago for a cruise 10 months in the future may have become more expensive. :confused:

Isn't it all an algorithm anyway. Charge whatever market will bear, and don't go lower until after final payment

You're right....I just went back into my reservation and checked. The second person WAS 1/2 price. It's still $922.00 higher now though. :eek:

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks this way

We book our cruises when they are a price we are willing to pay....if the price goes down and we can negotiate some way to get it, wonderful. Most times, prices have gone up vs what we paid.....but eventually perhaps a time will come where it won't work out to our advantage....yet when I add up all the past incidents when it did....we will still probably be ahead.

Maybe you waited to long for the next sale. You aren't paying more with the sale, you are paying more because you hesitated

I booked it *at* the time of the quote. So, I'm not sure how that's possible. There was no hesitation.

The math didn't add up at the time of booking, but because another cruise we'd planned to go on (at the same time) suddenly was unavailable to us, we went ahead with this one. I literally booked at the same time, the first time, I looked at it. So, the time lapse between the $339pp and my actual booking was about 10 minutes.

Regardless, I'm happy that we are finally going to be able to go on another cruise. =)

Edited by mom3x

Sorry if I missed something.

It's all good. It was just incredibly confusing. I just went back and looked (without being logged in) and now the price is totally reflecting what we booked at, as the price of the cruise. I seriously must have been booking during a time when prices were changing. It was late at night, who knows.

I'm really excited though. I never figured my husband would agree to a Caribbean cruise. Not that I would not love to go back to Alaska, but I'd love to go someplace warm and sunny.

Good question about the next good sale. I checked our cruise today and prices went up for the first time since we booked in 7 weeks ago :eek:

Someone tell them that's the wrong direction ;)

Totally disagree, if prices go down more they could be obligated to price match the previous prices.

The only real "sales" available would be after final booking, and they said they were going to try and avoid that this year

Totally disagree, if prices go down more they could be obligated to price match the previous prices.

The only real "sales" available would be after final booking, and they said they were going to try and avoid that this year

But Royal is going to do what it needs to do to fill a cruise. If after the final payment date and close to the sail date it needs to reduce fares, it will.

But Royal is going to do what it needs to do to fill a cruise. If after the final payment date and close to the sail date it needs to reduce fares, it will.

I haven't seen drastic cuts yet this season. Majesty is still mid $200's for insides in February. Those used to go for $100 less this time last year

I haven't seen drastic cuts yet this season. Majesty is still mid $200's for insides in February. Those used to go for $100 less this time last year

From a marketing standpoint, the minute they announced when she was going to be retired people that LOVE to cruise on her, were trying to find times they could. So not surprised at prices for her sailings.

I don't watch the MJ but the EN had rooms on this 4 day trip for $149 on last week's GGG sale. Last weekend's 3 days were the same price. I know it's not under $100 but it's not too bad for 4 days.

Edited by molly361