When is the next good RC sale?

rn4ever06

We booked 15 months in advance. We're traveling with friends this time, so we wanted to find rooms either beside each other (if OV balconies) or across from each other (if neighborhood balconies). We started in D5 Ocean View balconies. Then we switched to Central Park balconies because we wanted to try something different. Prices dropped overall on the balcony categories, and we decided to move to the Boardwalk since that would give us an ocean view and boardwalk view. We moved to cabins at the end of the boardwalk. We are on port side, 3rd from aft. Our friends are on starboard, 3rd from aft directly across from us. We aren't moving again!

I check prices every day. After making that last move to the B2 cabins, the prices have fluctuated up and down several times. I caught a price drop one day that was there in the morning and gone in the evening! That was just pure luck that I caught it because normally I don't look until the evening. The last price change we took was adding OBC. Our cruise price went up a tiny bit (seriously a VERY tiny bit) but we received $200 OBC, so the overall cost was lower. We plan to use the OBC for an excursion and specialty dining package that we had planned to buy anyway.

As a side note, I was able to link our reservations with RCI and they have been so great about allowing me to make price changes to both reservations even though I'm not technically the owner of our friends' reservation. They simply make the requested change then email her the confirmation details.

Great that it all worked out for you and you got the desired cabins for you and your friends. I haven't noticed any price changes but we only booked in December.

One big advantage for us with RCCL is that they quote us in Canadian dollars. On DCL, they give US currency which makes it that much more with the exchange rate and uncertain what we'll actually pay at fins payment. This is a big deal for us and effects the price. With RCCL, we know the amout in Canadian and the amount is stable.

Edited by LuCruise

What exactly is a great deal though? :) Im not trying to be a smart alec. Im just curious because I think it can vary from person to person.

I always see people around here talking about balcony cabins for less than 100.00 pp per night. I have never found such a deal during ANY sale so that leads me to believe they are C&A members that are high up the ladder so they receive a nice balcony discount and can book last minute.

Im not sure its a "great deal" but I feel like my upcoming cruise is at least a good deal. I booked it this past August during that BOGOHO and its several hundred less than last time on Freedom in 2012 in the same PR category. Im in at 558.00 pp in a Promenade cabin. I'm pretty happy with that :)

I just avoid looking at the highly inflated rates in the Summary of Charges and just look at the bottom line.

A great del is always just a "state-of-mind"

Does anyone else think that all these constant mock bookings are overwhelming web site and taking available cabins out of inventory, causing prices to go up.

I would think that if a deposit or hold is not applied, then the staterooms are not out of the inventory. On the other hand, we are dealing with Royal IT here.

I would think that if a deposit or hold is not applied, then the staterooms are not out of the inventory. On the other hand, we are dealing with Royal IT here.

I've also wondered if the folks checking prices several times a day are the same ones that don't have time to make reservations for dinner and shows. :o

It's just a matter of time until somebody posts and insists that they got a great deal with the BOGOHO sale. That being said, aside from the few that got decent prices in May when the "sale" began, there are no good Royal Caribbean sales. Just pricing games.

We did get a great deal during the BOGOHO sale.....on a different line. Can't wait to check out the Haven on Norwegian.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by CaribSailor

I booked my upcoming T/A on Vision during a BOGOHO sale last year. I checked during the current sale and the price for my cabin is about $800 higher now. So I'd say I got a "good deal."

I have noticed that Allure's crossing, I believe at about the same time and also from Barcelona, has had several good price drops, but Vision's prices are holding firm. (I'm hoping for an affordable balcony upgrade at the last minute. :))

I booked my upcoming T/A on Vision during a BOGOHO sale last year. I checked during the current sale and the price for my cabin is about $800 higher now. So I'd say I got a "good deal."

I have noticed that Allure's crossing, I believe at about the same time and also from Barcelona, has had several good price drops, but Vision's prices are holding firm. (I'm hoping for an affordable balcony upgrade at the last minute. :))

Have TA's hit final payment yet? Will be interesting to see if they slash prices like they have in past

Have TA's hit final payment yet? Will be interesting to see if they slash prices like they have in past

I don't think my final payment is due until August.

Made a crossing on Vision from Lisbon in 2013 and was able to upgrade from an inside to a balcony about 3 weeks before sailing for about $300. It was totally worth it. :D

I don't think my final payment is due until August.

Made a crossing on Vision from Lisbon in 2013 and was able to upgrade from an inside to a balcony about 3 weeks before sailing for about $300. It was totally worth it. :D

My bad, I was thinking this was a westbound trip

Got an email from a Royal vacation planner saying he is anxious to help me with planning my perfect vacation and is looking forward to speaking with me soon. I want to reply and say if you have a REAL DEAL, not just the "fantastic savings" you say you have, we'll talk.:D

I think they could make it a lot better if they didn't change the prices to already include the half off. Then when you booked you'd get the half off, as advertised, and, at least, feel better about it. I wonder how many people hear about the sale then try to book and the price just stays what it is and they think something is going wrong. You never get the feeling that you're saving anything. Not even the perception. So, why not just lower the prices and leave it at that without all the mumbo jumbo.

Tom

I always see people around here talking about balcony cabins for less than 100.00 pp per night. I have never found such a deal during ANY sale so that leads me to believe they are C&A members that are high up the ladder so they receive a nice balcony discount and can book last minute.

Don't know if the $100 pp that you are referring to is including taxes and fees, etc., but my husband and I are new cruisers (so NO C and A benefits) and we booked a balcony cabin for $689 pp before taxes and fees for a 7 night on the FOS - 17 months out. I didn't realize that it was such an anomaly.

Edited by CookieDiva

... I always see people around here talking about balcony cabins for less than 100.00 pp per night. I have never found such a deal during ANY sale so that leads me to believe they are C&A members that are high up the ladder so they receive a nice balcony discount and can book last minute. ...

I am a C&A member, and I often find balcony cruises for less than $100 pp per night -- but it has nothing to do with status. Use a search site that lets you sort by price and by balcony if that is important to you.

Check out the "slower months" like November and December ... as an example, a balcony on Brilliance for Dec 10 2015 is available to anyone for $86 per person per day before Taxes and $103.82 pp per per day INCLUDING TAXES (but not gratuities) before any C&A discounts.

Happy cruising on a budget :)

Don't know if the $100 pp that you are referring to is including taxes and fees, etc., but my husband and I are new cruisers (so NO C and A benefits) and we booked a balcony cabin for $689 pp before taxes and fees for a 7 night on the FOS - 17 months out. I didn't realize that it was such an anomaly.

Sounds like a great cost to me for a balcony cabin (at least compared to what I'm seeing now). Have they gone up since?

Sounds like a great cost to me for a balcony cabin (at least compared to what I'm seeing now). Have they gone up since?

Oh yeah. Just priced it and it's $1105 pp ($157 pp per night) right now. Guess we did well. And we have $200 in OBC now too.

Get One Half Off When You Buy One At Full Price:D

You are forgetting something.

Typical price for the cabin you want (pre BOGOHO) = $900 per person or $1,800 for two.

What Royal Caribbean is doing is raising the price by 1/3 to $1,200, then offering half off for the second person. Thus now you are paying $1,200 for the first person and $600 for the second person. New total = $1,800.

As you can see, the savings are not as great as they might originally seem.

Does anyone else think that all these constant mock bookings are overwhelming web site and taking available cabins out of inventory, causing prices to go up.

No, because the hold on the cabin only lasts a very short time.