When is the next good RC sale?

rn4ever06

I keep seeing comments how people love and book a Junior Suite. I'm sure they are lovely and spacious but at $6556 for a family of four (what it is showing for my cruise), I don't get how people can afford this...unless there is some crazy deal (but I doubt the next RC sale will bring it down that much)

Edited by LuCruise

I keep seeing comments how people love and book a Junior Suite. I'm sure they are lovely and spacious but at $6556 for a family of four (what it is showing for my cruise), I don't get how people can afford this...unless there is some crazy deal (but I doubt the next RC sale will bring it down that much)

I'm not sure which cruise you're referring to, but if it's the one in your countdown (Allure 4/10/2016), I'm showing a price of $6240 plus a $200 OBC for a JS when I do a mock booking. Of course the prices may vary depending on your state of residency and any other discounts you may qualify for.

Another reason is that may still be part of spring break for some schools, which drives the price up as well, but I agree that is kind of pricey for a JS. I was very lucky to book an Owners Suite on Oasis for just over $4000, but that is for an October cruise and was booked during a great sale last year, and that price jumped after a couple of days. The last I checked the price was up close to $7000 for a similar cabin.

Keep an eye out for price drops. They do happen, but sometimes you have to act quickly. Good luck!

I'm not sure which cruise you're referring to, but if it's the one in your countdown (Allure 4/10/2016), I'm showing a price of $6240 plus a $200 OBC for a JS when I do a mock booking. Of course the prices may vary depending on your state of residency and any other discounts you may qualify for.

Another reason is that may still be part of spring break for some schools, which drives the price up as well, but I agree that is kind of pricey for a JS. I was very lucky to book an Owners Suite on Oasis for just over $4000, but that is for an October cruise and was booked during a great sale last year, and that price jumped after a couple of days. The last I checked the price was up close to $7000 for a similar cabin.

Keep an eye out for price drops. They do happen, but sometimes you have to act quickly. Good luck!

As you point out prices vary and what for one cruise might not be a good price for a suite at other times might be. It is all about flexibility when it comes to comparison rates as well, the more flexible someone is the better opportunity they have for getting a better rate on a cabin type they want to consider. It is always about justifying the price for the cabin features -- which is why some people will only sail in an inside cabin, because they don't feel what you get for an OV or balcony or greater is worth it.

Yeah sorry...I should have stated that I am in Canada so $6556 is CAD currency for Apr 10, 2016. I didn't realize that it's still spring break mid April as we were trying to avoid high price season (but from our kids point of view I guess it's ok so they can meet other kids). Our March break is always in March (duh) and Easter next year is two weeks before we sail.

Wow...$4000 for an Owner Suite. That's great. You really lucked out as it sure has gone up since. :)

Edited by LuCruise

Yeah sorry...I should have stated that I am in Canada so $6556 is CAD currency for Apr 10, 2016. I didn't realize that it's still spring break mid April (which I guess is good as our kids can meet other kids). Our is about a month earlier and Easter is two weeks before.

Wow...$4000 for an Owner Suite for around $4000. That's great. You really lucked out as it sure has gone up since. :)

I think the majority of spring break activity occurs from early March to mid April, but there are always a few schools that will fall outside of those time frames. Here in my area (Florida gulf coast) it seems to peak around the 3rd week of March. I remember seeing a post before that included a link to a page showing the spring break dates for most of the major schools. I'm sure someone may have that info, updated for 2016, so hopefully they'll repost it here.

And yes, I was extremely lucky to book at that price. I also had two other existing bookings that I was able to rebook at the new rate. I didn't even know there was a sale that had just started, I just happened to be checking prices on the right day (5/1/14).

Edited by TheInnocentAge

I wish I was able to watch prices like everyone else since we have 5 in our family rc's system won't let me make a mock booking or even see most of the rooms that would accomidate our family. They really need to update their systems.

Don't login as yourself when you trying to do mock bookings

RC's "Sales" haven't done a thing for me. All I know is that I booked our 12-6-15 Liberty cruise in May of 2014 with NO SALE. Now it's up $922.00 WITH the "Sale." Glad I booked when I did! :rolleyes:

I thought BOGO one started in May 2014. :confused:

And why do we fail to grasp that cabins booked 8 months ago for a cruise 10 months in the future may have become more expensive. :confused:

Isn't it all an algorithm anyway. Charge whatever market will bear, and don't go lower until after final payment

Fuel savings may be starting to hit airlines. Atlanta to Orlando is showing $88 on Delta now. That airfare has been $116 for quite some time. One way with 14 day advance purchase.

Will cruise lines follow suit?

I track flights with Kayak. Do you use something better or do it manually?

RC's "Sales" haven't done a thing for me. All I know is that I booked our 12-6-15 Liberty cruise in May of 2014 with NO SALE. Now it's up $922.00 WITH the "Sale." Glad I booked when I did! :rolleyes:

I thought BOGO one started in May 2014. :confused:

Yes BOGOHO started 5/1/14 and still lives on and on and on:)

Not enough "on's":D

and on, and on and on and on and on

and on, and on and on and on and on:eek::p

and on, and on and on and on and on:eek::p

And according to Fain's comments today during the earnins call it is going to continue.:(

A lot of his comments are posted at the RC blog site.

One of Fain's comments,

Customers prefer promotions rather than discounting cruises.

It will be interesting to see what the prices are like when the new deployment schedules are released. The past couple of years I have booked our March break cruise. This year I may end up trying something last minute.

I am new to RCI. Looking to book a cruise for Oct 2015 on Grandeur of the Sea. If I book at the current price and get the OBC promotion with the BOGO offer, can I put in for price drops?

Yes, up until the final payment due date. You may lose the OBC amount because you're essentially rebooking at the newer price/offer, but just do the math to see if it's a better deal or not. I check a couple of times a week for drops, and it's worth it. Many $$$ saved.

Edited by TheInnocentAge

I am new to RCI. Looking to book a cruise for Oct 2015 on Grandeur of the Sea. If I book at the current price and get the OBC promotion with the BOGO offer, can I put in for price drops?

Yes as long is it is before final payment date and the price is not limited to "New bookings only"

If you get a price drop you may lose the OBC just FYI so you might want to factor that in if you see one .

When I did the math for our cruise - we are actually paying MORE with the BOGOHO "sale" than we would be without it.

Our original choice was listed at $339pp. That's $678 before taxes.

Once I actually started the booking process, it showed guest 1 at $569.00 and guest 2 *saving $284.00 = for a total of $853 before tax. So, I'm being charged $175.00 MORE for the BOGOHO deal.

Nice math, RC. Nice math.

When I did the math for our cruise - we are actually paying MORE with the BOGOHO "sale" than we would be without it.

Our original choice was listed at $339pp. That's $678 before taxes.

Once I actually started the booking process, it showed guest 1 at $569.00 and guest 2 *saving $284.00 = for a total of $853 before tax. So, I'm being charged $175.00 MORE for the BOGOHO deal.

Nice math, RC. Nice math.

Maybe you waited to long for the next sale. You aren't paying more with the sale, you are paying more because you hesitated