When is the next good RC sale?

rn4ever06

I am hoping for a "Kids Free" sale as in 3rd-6th passengers only pay Taxes and Port Fees. I think I read that NCL is going to have one on February 1st. We booked our 6 night Independence Dec. 14th cruise in a Family Promenade (6 person 300 sq ft) last March during their Kids Free sale and paid $679pp for passengers 1 and 2, and the 4 kids were "free" - just tax and service charge. I thought it was a pretty good price, but we like longer cruises.

I am watching the Allure TA. prices have been fluctuating sale or not

There have been 2 price drops in the last 2 days on some grades, GTY rates droped about a month ago and tweeked again this week

Some cabins are BOGOHO some are not so so much for that sale.

Also you have to watch the OBC and C&A discounts they don't combine.

For us the exchange rate has moved as well so the Allure prices are still higher than the OASIS last year.

The Allure has much more competition as it sails this TA in April same time as the rest of the ships coming across, OASIS was Sept when it had less competition on the route)

eg Allure(12n) want $1200 for 2 pax in an inside Epic(11n) want $810

Cause this one going on now SUCKS!:(

A lot of large new ships will be coming out in the next few years, RCL has 4 or 5, MSC has 4 or 5, Carnival Corp. has 3 or 4, NCL has a couple, so keep a watch on when they arrive!

Those extra cabins will need filling, so it may be until then to see some really god sales!

Until then this fall should bring some decent sales!:)

We booked 15 months in advance. We're traveling with friends this time, so we wanted to find rooms either beside each other (if OV balconies) or across from each other (if neighborhood balconies). We started in D5 Ocean View balconies. Then we switched to Central Park balconies because we wanted to try something different. Prices dropped overall on the balcony categories, and we decided to move to the Boardwalk since that would give us an ocean view and boardwalk view. We moved to cabins at the end of the boardwalk. We are on port side, 3rd from aft. Our friends are on starboard, 3rd from aft directly across from us. We aren't moving again!

I check prices every day. After making that last move to the B2 cabins, the prices have fluctuated up and down several times. I caught a price drop one day that was there in the morning and gone in the evening! That was just pure luck that I caught it because normally I don't look until the evening. The last price change we took was adding OBC. Our cruise price went up a tiny bit (seriously a VERY tiny bit) but we received $200 OBC, so the overall cost was lower. We plan to use the OBC for an excursion and specialty dining package that we had planned to buy anyway.

As a side note, I was able to link our reservations with RCI and they have been so great about allowing me to make price changes to both reservations even though I'm not technically the owner of our friends' reservation. They simply make the requested change then email her the confirmation details.

So.....this is probably a dumb question, but......All times we have booked cruises, we have never changed or looked for price drops. This time, we booked directly with RCL and have paid in full already for our 4/4/15 cruise. At what point can you made price drop adjustments, upgrade due to price drops, etc.? We currently have an OV in a section that used to be part of the dining room prior to the revitalization. While I hear the "window" is larger due to this fact, it's right off the Centrum (behind a closed door) so not sure about noise from there or above.

I think they could make it a lot better if they didn't change the prices to already include the half off.

Yes. Exactly. Psychologically it's truly only a "sale" if there's some inkling of what you would have paid otherwise. Even if it's in the sense of how the old Best Products/Service Merchandise catalogs listed some outrageous comparison price nobody in the Solar System ever paid.

My only counter-argument to this is considering the notorious IT issues we run into with RCL's site, this could add a whole new bucketload of things to potentially go wrong. :eek:

Once you pay your cruise in full and if the price drops after that you can not call and ask for a price change only if the price drops before your final payment.

Wish they would go back to the way they used to price the cruises. Everyone thinks you are getting a deal with the half off on some of these sailings but they have you fooled....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Once you pay your cruise in full and if the price drops after that you can not call and ask for a price change only if the price drops before your final payment.

Wish they would go back to the way they used to price the cruises. Everyone thinks you are getting a deal with the half off on some of these sailings but they have you fooled....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My understanding is if you pay in full and it is still before Royal Caribbean's final payment date you can get a price adjustment.

After the RC final payment date you might be able to talk them into an upgrade if there is one available. My sister did this in December for our February sailing. Final payment date stated by RC was the end of November.

I am loving this thread!! We took 12 cruises last year and got really good deals on MOST of them (meaning $100/day or less). I can't find anything to book right now!!! Most of the cruises I'm interested in are showing no balcony cabins or the price is just ridiculous. Feeling frustrated. These pricing games are maddening!

I am loving this thread!! We took 12 cruises last year and got really good deals on MOST of them (meaning $100/day or less). I can't find anything to book right now!!! Most of the cruises I'm interested in are showing no balcony cabins or the price is just ridiculous. Feeling frustrated. These pricing games are maddening!

It could be that ridiculous is the new norm. One might suppose that since all the cruises you see with no balcony available means the good cabins are sold and not much inventory is available to justify previous years pricing structure. Something about supply and demand. :o

What about the cruises you did last year what are they priced at this year?

One problem you get is cheap trips tend to be cheap every year and the pricy ones tend to be pricy every year.

Unless you want to keep doing the cheap ones you end up having to wait or pay a bit more.

There are always deals out there NCL were giving away 10n all inclusive(drinks, speciality dining tax) for $63pppd OV cabins in Jan.

I got what I think is a great deal during one of the bogos.

I also got a great deal during a bogoho deal last year booking a JS on a 14 night med cruise on Explorer sailing in early June 2015 for $2232 per person, taxes, fees and port charges included after D+ balcony discount.

There's currently a good deal in the UK titled 'All Inclusive' which states that "Price includes gratuities and selected drinks." Phrased like this is seems like these are separate items and not just gratuities on the drinks themselves.

Seems a bit misleading though as you are still given the option to pre-pay gratuities when finalising the booking...

There's currently a good deal in the UK titled 'All Inclusive' which states that "Price includes gratuities and selected drinks." Phrased like this is seems like these are separate items and not just gratuities on the drinks themselves.

Seems a bit misleading though as you are still given the option to pre-pay gratuities when finalising the booking...

Yes all inclusive select drink package included and gratuities. You pay the gratuities when booking and then they are refunded a couple of weeks later. 7 night cruise would cost about £350 to buy/pay for these benefits.

We are on Navigator right now 1/28/2015. On board as well in the US market it is buy one get one half off. We booked for next March 2016, Adventure of the Seas, Grand Suite, to the souther Caribbean, 7 nights, $2600.00 for both us and a $400.00 on board credit. Great deal!

Thanks, Dave. :)

I also read in the T&Cs that the offer is for "UK agents & consumers." Is RC really picky about this as I am currently based in Singapore (moving away in a few weeks actually)?

When is the next good RC sale? Cause this one going on now SUCKS!:(

That's a good question. Soon, I hope.

Maybe an easier question to answer is "When was the last good RC sale?". I remember one particular BOGOHO sale that was actually legitimate, at least for a few days. I'm not sure if it was their first BOGOHO or not, but the one I'm referring to started on May 1st of last year. If you booked on the 1st or 2nd of May, the deals were great, but rose pretty steadily within a few days after that.

Actually, the Grand Suite we booked is less than a JS or even a standard balcony on that upcoming 2016 cruise for that ship for that week. And this trip, Navigator, 1/25/2015 sailing, is less than our cruise last year in JS. Yes, last year's pricing.

I see you are not having any trouble figuring out what to do with your time since retiring!:eek:;):D

If you look on sites that show cabin pricing on a PPPD basis you can spot any deals going

There are/were few GS on Adventure in the $1200-$1400 range before the discounts/OBC for on board bookings and C&A.

Availability seems limited they must have been selling well.