lunch on embarkation day NCL Gem

angel4daffodil

• 2 weeks later...
Grand pacific dining room open until 2 or 2:30 and o'sheehans is open all the time. Buffet is your other option. Dining room is more comfortable but service on embarkation day can be slow.

O'Sheehan's wasn't open for lunch on embarkation day on the Gem last month when we cruised. It didn't open until 5 or 5:30. As far as I remember, its predecessor, Blue Lagoon was never open for lunch on embarkation day on the Gem either. (This was not necessarily true on other ships, however.)

Grand Pacific will open at noon until 1:30 or 2 PM (can't remember exactly, but it is a short window). Definitely head there for embarkation lunch rather than fighting the buffet hordes. It is a much more relaxing way to kick off your vacation! I can't remember if anyone mentioned this, but there will also be a BBQ on the pool deck at that time.

The info given by aces is totally wrong.

We were on the same January 2, 2015 Gem sailing, and O'Sheehan's was definitely open for lunch. We had a Roll Call gathering for lunch around 12:20 P.M. in O'Sheehan's on embarkation day.

Grand Pacific MDR and Garden Café were also open for embarkation lunch, but we felt it would be easier to find each other in O'Sheehan's. We wore mardi gras beads. It worked out well.

The next day was our Meet & Greet. It was nice to already know some people from the day before.

Gem Embarkation Day Lunch

Garden Café 12 - 3 P.M.

Grand Pacific 12 - 2 P.M.

O'Sheehan's 12 - 2:30 P.M.

The Grill 12 - 3 P.M.

The info given by aces is totally wrong.

We were on the same January 2, 2015 Gem sailing, and O'Sheehan's was definitely open for lunch. We had a Roll Call gathering for lunch around 12:20 P.M. in O'Sheehan's on embarkation day.

Grand Pacific MDR and Garden Café were also open for embarkation lunch, but we felt it would be easier to find each other in O'Sheehan's. We wore mardi gras beads. It worked out well.

The next day was our Meet & Greet. It was nice to already know some people from the day before.

Gem Embarkation Day Lunch

Garden Café 12 - 3 P.M.

Grand Pacific 12 - 2 P.M.

O'Sheehan's 12 - 2:30 P.M.

The Grill 12 - 3 P.M.

Thanks for the information, I'll be on the Gem this Friday!

By maritime law, it has to be held before the ship sails. Usually about an hour before sailing time. Bundle up. It is going to be cold out there on those decks.

Your muster station will be in a dining room or the Epic theater.

Thanks for the information, I'll be on the Gem this Friday!

Hi Kayfit,

I'll be on that sailing as well. After a long cruise history, this will be my first solo. My teens are stuck at school and my BF is tied up at work.

Care to meet for lunch in the Grand Pacific on Friday?

Best,

Bonnie

Hi Kayfit,

I'll be on that sailing as well. After a long cruise history, this will be my first solo. My teens are stuck at school and my BF is tied up at work.

Care to meet for lunch in the Grand Pacific on Friday?

Best,

Bonnie

Bonnie,

I'm not sure what time I will get there. Right now I'm scheduled on a Bolt bus from Philly to arrive about a mile from the cruise terminal at 10am. However, Bolt cancelled all their service for today and tomorrow which makes me think I may need a backup plan on Friday. Plus after booking I read that Bolt wasn't the most reliable for getting you somewhere on time.

By maritime law, it has to be held before the ship sails. Usually about an hour before sailing time. Bundle up. It is going to be cold out there on those decks.

Thanks! No worries for me about the cold... sailing in late April! ;)

However, Bolt cancelled all their service for today and tomorrow which makes me think I may need a backup plan on Friday. Plus after booking I read that Bolt wasn't the most reliable for getting you somewhere on time.

I think the cancellations today and tomorrow aren't exactly Bolt's fault. Remember that they had a travel ban in New Jersey until sometime this afternoon. It's going to take some time for NYC to dig out of the snow.

It probably won't hurt to have a backup plan, though.

I think the cancellations today and tomorrow aren't exactly Bolt's fault. Remember that they had a travel ban in New Jersey until sometime this afternoon. It's going to take some time for NYC to dig out of the snow.

It probably won't hurt to have a backup plan, though.

I never blamed Bolt on the cancellations. I understand not operating the bus during NJ travel ban. Also I believe NYC is up in running. I wouldn't of cancelled service on Monday for Wednesday. I'm sure Bolt lost a lot of money not operating today when weather conditions weren't as bad as expected. A lot of companies here in Philly shut down yesterday and we ended up only getting 2 inches.

My backup plan is NJ Transit since I'll have easy access to it. It'll just cost more than double the amount of Bolt.