Cruise Director Jamie Dee

brichar499

Just off the Carnival Sunshine.

We've done 26 cruises across all brands and Jamie is the best CD on the seven seas.

She has a unique combination of enthusiasm, energy (endless), wit, empathy, and style that puts her on the top of the list (ok, HAL's Eric Dowis was hard to beat, but, at last report, he's left cruising). She not only could entertain us crusty 60 somethings but was a big hit with our young grandchildren as well.

I trust Carnival knows what they have here and treats Jamie accordingly.

I had the pleasure of sailing with Jamie on the Pride when she was an assistant. She makes EVERY person feels like they are the only one that matters.

We knew she would go far and it was only a matter of weeks after that she was a Cruise Director.

Is this the same Jamie D that was an ACD and girlfriend to CD Kirk Benning a few years ago?

Yes. One and the same. The year was 2011. I think she got the full position by the end of that year

Totally agree. She has been an amazing CD from the start. I was on a sailing in 2011 where she was thrown into the position at the last second. The one who was supposed to be our CD unexpectedly walked away at the end of the previous sailing, as he was frustrated with some things. Jaime had to suddenly take over, and she did an amazing job. I'm sure that she probably filled in at other times before that, but the way she handled that situation & the way she handled the job made it obvious to everyone that she was ready. And sure enough, she was very quickly promoted to permanent CD.

Is there a way to know who your CD will be in advance? If so, how do you look that up and how far in advance can you see? I will be on Dream leaving April 5.

schedule is updated until Feb 2015.

Jamie is looking at a vacation in March.

Is there a way to know who your CD will be in advance? If so, how do you look that up and how far in advance can you see? I will be on Dream leaving April 5.

yep - John Heald posts the schedule on his blog, and updates it every so often. However, the most recent one I could find only goes through the end of this month: http://johnhealdsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/CD-Schedule-UPDATED-8-6-141.pdf

EDIT: Whoops, it does indeed go through February as serene56 stated, the PDF has two pages :P

Edited by RiotAct

She's my favorite as well. She impressed me even as one of the entertainment staff on my first cruise on the Splendor, and then impressed me even more on the Pride when she was temporarily acting as CD while the usual CD was off ship for a month. Really the only one which has *ever* made a significant difference to my enjoyment of the cruise.

I searched for 2 days for the "Good Luck" coins on Sunshine a couple of weeks ago. They were nowhere to be found in the area that someone posted here on CC. I became very frustrated and decided to ask Jaime. She gave me a big grin and told me the general area to find them. She said I had to find the exact location on my own. So much fun!!!! And yes....I found them! I thought she was good. Out of 9 cruises, the only other CD that was worth giving a gold star to was Stuart Dunn. I would be happy to find out that either of them will be on Dream in September. Gold Star and a huge Thank You to Jaime!!!

What are good luck coins???
When a ship is built, it is a tradition to place a coin under the mast when it is "stepped" - putting it in place on the ship. It is good luck for the ship and is a mariner's tradition. (Mariners tend to be a superstitious lot - I'm mom to one.:p) I've found them on one of the exterior forward decks on some of the Carnival ships I've sailed. (And I'm in Jaime's camp - you need to find them for yourself, so I won't say more.:D)

We've sailed with Jaime twice, both on Pride, once as ACD and once as CD. I don't know where she gets her energy, but she's terrific.