Favorite/Least Favorite Carnival Ship?

kbset

Least favorite - Holiday

Even though the Holiday was a small, old, rust bucket, she delivered one of our BEST Carnival cruises ever. Everything about our sailing on the Holiday was absolutely perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Tapi

Least favorite is any ship without balconies. The OV on Fantasy was just not our thing. For layout, the spirit class are the best. For variety, the newer the ship the better - more activities food etc. The best balconies are on the Victory type ships - the "special 8Bs".

If I combine it all Princess wins because they are just more sedate in design and easy to get around. I'm not a fan of the vegas feel of Carnival. So I'm hoping the new upgrades on Sunshine with my special 8B will be the best yet! I will let you know in a month!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My favorite so far is the Victory. We had the aft wraparound cabin on deck 8 and the premium balcony cabin adjacent and opened the dividers so our private deck area was huge for 7 of us to hang out (also had interior cabin kitty-corner from them). We loved the staff, the food, and the general feel of the ship. Some of the best service ever in all areas. We prefer smaller ships so it was perfect for us. But we hope to try other Carnival ships. Can't beat the value or the cabin size.

I would rank the Carnival ones I have been on in the following order:

#1 - Pride (we got a free upgrade to a category 10 suite)

#2 - Dream (LOVED the Cloud 9 spa. But of the 3 cruises our son has gone on it had the worst Camp Carnival)

#3 -Legend (I honestly can't remember a single thing about this one)

#4 - Fantasy (had a great time but there aren't as many activities as the larger ships. Camp Carnival was great and this was our sons first cruise. Now that's ALL he wants to do ;)

#5 - Triumph (not sure why but we just didn't enjoy this one)

Favorite- Breeze. So much to do, never got bored. Lots of different food options. Never felt crowded.

Least favorite. Inspiration. Got used to the larger ships. We were on Liberty on our prior cruise and fell in love with the upgrades. Inspiration was just an older ship. Nothing wrong with her just not our favorite.

My favorite so far is the Victory. We had the aft wraparound cabin on deck 8 and the premium balcony cabin adjacent and opened the dividers so our private deck area was huge for 7 of us to hang out (also had interior cabin kitty-corner from them). We loved the staff, the food, and the general feel of the ship. Some of the best service ever in all areas. We prefer smaller ships so it was perfect for us. But we hope to try other Carnival ships. Can't beat the value or the cabin size.

I see you cruised on the Britanis! We had our honeymoon on that ship, in 1981. Way old, but glamorous in a way and a lot of fun. I read that she sank while being hauled away for scrap. What year did you cruise on her?

Favorite: Dream

Least favorite: Miracle

Dream has been a nice lively ship without going too far. Nice flashy decor without going too far. Best entertainment of any Carnival ship, always plenty to do during the day or the night. Great waterslides!

Miracle has a confusing layout, as the different venues are scattered about the ship, and some are in some very strange spots that most guests will never find. I was still getting lost on Day 8, while every other ship I had figured out within 2 days. Miracle also was a very quiet ship. Most people kept to themselves & weren't getting involved, even though the demographic was younger than many of my other cruises. It may seem unfair to blame the ship for that, but I have heard that this ship & her sister ships seem to draw a more sedate crowd, for whatever reason. That's what some people are looking for, which will make these ships their favorites, but not me.

My 2nd favorite ship is a tie between the Triumph & the Splendor. Both ships have great entertainment, while Splendor had the most of any ship I've been on. Great nightlife on that trip.

Totally agree... Miracle for the least favorite!!!!!

My favorite would have to be the Magic as it is just a beautiful ship with tons of fun things to do. My 4 year old loves the waterworks and hot dog stands, I love the comedy shows and Red Frog pub. Service and food were great, etc.

My least favorite would have to be the Conquest, both times on that ship just felt off. I can't explain why. I will say that the food was subpar compared to other ships I have been on with Carnival.

My final ranking:

Magic

Triumph

Ecstasy

Celebration (RIP)

Conquest

I have loved every ship I have sailed on, for some reason or another. It's hard to compare the older ships with the "newer" ships because of all the added features. I LOVE Spirit class ships and loved the colors of the Victory. Loved Splendor even with all the pink donuts. Just did a B2B on Liberty and loved her too! Color changing lights in the public areas so pretty. Only thing I didn't like about the Liberty was the American menu. Not a fan at all. And the elevators kind of scared me. The doors closed very quickly. Learned by day 2 to hold the door getting in or out. :eek: