Favorite/Least Favorite Carnival Ship?

kbset

Just curious, for those of you who have cruised with Carnival more than once, what is your favorite and least favorite ship and why?

My husband and I just booked a cruise on the Splendor and are also wonder what those who have cruised on it think about it.

The Splendor is the sister ship to the ill-fated Costa Concordia. After the fire at sea that left the Splendor dead in the water here off San Diego we said never again to Splendor due to bad ju-ju.

We like and have sailed on each of the Spirit class vessels :)

Just curious, for those of you who have cruised with Carnival more than once, what is your favorite and least favorite ship and why?

My husband and I just booked a cruise on the Splendor and are also wonder what those who have cruised on it think about it.

We have enjoyed the Magic the most and disliked the Destiny which was changed into the Sunshine.

We like the muted décor of the Magic as well as the fact that most of the decks can be navigated from front to back. We thought that the Destiny was a cluster and was just kind of a nasty ship. It was our first Carnival experience so that was probably part of it. We have come to like some of the nuances of the Carnival experience over time and really like the savings.

Edited by dudaze11

We've been on Splendor 3 times now. Mainly because it changed homeports not because we wanted to be on it.

While we had a great time and found it easy to navigate, it is by far the ugliest ship we've ever sailed. The pink, zebra and circles certainly didn't ruin our trip but it is in no way pleasing to the eye.

Favorite: Dream

Least favorite: Miracle

Dream has been a nice lively ship without going too far. Nice flashy decor without going too far. Best entertainment of any Carnival ship, always plenty to do during the day or the night. Great waterslides!

Miracle has a confusing layout, as the different venues are scattered about the ship, and some are in some very strange spots that most guests will never find. I was still getting lost on Day 8, while every other ship I had figured out within 2 days. Miracle also was a very quiet ship. Most people kept to themselves & weren't getting involved, even though the demographic was younger than many of my other cruises. It may seem unfair to blame the ship for that, but I have heard that this ship & her sister ships seem to draw a more sedate crowd, for whatever reason. That's what some people are looking for, which will make these ships their favorites, but not me.

My 2nd favorite ship is a tie between the Triumph & the Splendor. Both ships have great entertainment, while Splendor had the most of any ship I've been on. Great nightlife on that trip.

Edited by k2excursion

Breeze is the best.

Then the Splendor..

Then any Spirit Class Ship.

Then any Conquest Class Ship.

Just wish the Splendor had the 2.0 upgrades.

I prefer any ship now with the 2.0 upgrades.

Hope that helps.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's really hard to pick a favorite. I like different aspects of Dream, Conquest, and Spirit class ships. If I had to pick just one it would be Spirit class because there are not as many pax. Dream is a close second.

Worst was Fascination. Crews was not friendly and the food was off. I realize with staff changes this has probably also changed.

Favorite: Dream

Least favorite: Miracle

Dream has been a nice lively ship without going too far. Nice flashy decor without going too far. Best entertainment of any Carnival ship, always plenty to do during the day or the night. Great waterslides!

Miracle has a confusing layout, as the different venues are scattered about the ship, and some are in some very strange spots that most guests will never find. I was still getting lost on Day 8, while every other ship I had figured out within 2 days. Miracle also was a very quiet ship. Most people kept to themselves & weren't getting involved, even though the demographic was younger than many of my other cruises. It may seem unfair to blame the ship for that, but I have heard that this ship & her sister ships seem to draw a more sedate crowd, for whatever reason. That's what some people are looking for, which will make these ships their favorites, but not me.

My 2nd favorite ship is a tie between the Triumph & the Splendor. Both ships have great entertainment, while Splendor had the most of any ship I've been on. Great nightlife on that trip.

I found the Miracle to be easy to navigate which is one of the big plusses to any Spirit boat. You can walk from view to stern without changing decks. Everything is either on deck 2 or 3.

Our favorite ship is the Dream. It's layout was awesome and the crew was too. We had the best time on her, but then I could say that of all our cruises. The Miracle would have to be our next favorite, love Nick and Noras. Then I'd say every other ship we've been on are our next favorite. We don't have a ship that we could say we dislike. There are ports that we if we didn't visit again, would be fine by us.

I have been on 7 different cruises and will leave in 8 days for the 8th one. It will be on the Elation and this will also be the first time going back on a ship I have already been on.

The ship I liked the least was the Holiday. It was very small and old looking, it vibrated the whole time. Even in the MDR the table would shake. But having said that this was my favorite cruise. I had some much fun on this cruise, memories for a life time.

I don't know if I can pick a favorite I loved them all.

Sunshine-Loved it spent a lot of time on one of the Serenity Decks or on the balcony of our Grand Suite. Loved the Grand Suite. Was given an upgrade from an interior that could not be passed up. Discovered the Alchemy Bar on this cruise, went every night before dinner.

Dream- I want to give it another try and probably will in October. It was just so big. We walked several miles a day on that ship. We stayed in a DOV and it was great. Loved the extra 1/2 bath (no toilet in the 1/2)

Liberty- this was a great ship. I loved the Adult only aft pool. Got up every morning for a early swim. It started raining one morning and they had a glass ceiling that slids over the pool when it rains. This ship had 2.0 upgrades and not to small and not to big.

I would say the Elation, Sensation and the Paradise are all about the same. No 2.0 upgrades, small but great ships for service and easy to get around.

Favorite - Breeze - Love the non-Farcus design.

Least Favorite - Sunshine/Destiny - Way too crowded, and the renaming was nothing more than spraying perfume on a turd.

Splendor - I actually like this ship a lot more than all the other Conquest inspired designed ships. Maybe because the design was originally made for Costa, I can't quite put my finger on it, but there was something about Splendor I really liked.

Favorite: Splendor - The Pink Decor didn't bother me one bit, however, pink has always been my favorite color. Second, would be the Legend and then the Valor.

Least Favorite: Destiny - That's when the ship was sailing out of San Juan. It wasn't the ship that was the problem it was the passengers.