Luggage Tags

anniese44

You aren't required to do so, but since you will be printing them out yourself, it doesn't hurt to print an extra tag or two and either attach to your carry on or slip inside, just in case you and it become separated during the check-in/boarding procedure.

Thanks for your reply. Can you also tell me whether it is a good idea to get the cruise luggage tag holders (like on Amazon), or is this an unnecessary expense?

We haven't bothered. I print them out on thicker paper and then run a strip of package tape on them. Then I punch a hole in the ends and use zip ties, slipping a few more zip ties in the suitcase for the return. However, I have read a lot of folks' replies on other threads who swear by the commercial holders or who just staple the paper tags without any augmentation. Have yet to read of someone reporting problems AFTER the cruise. Your choice!!

Thanks for your reply. Can you also tell me whether it is a good idea to get the cruise luggage tag holders (like on Amazon), or is this an unnecessary expense?

I use the tags and love them. If it rains, you will be glad you had them. I always put tags on my carryon just in case I misplace them, as well as inside my checked bags in case they come off. Never had them come off though.

Thanks for the input. I never thought about reinforcing with packing tape (was concerned about the paper ripping off the luggage). That would work well and we have a bunch of zip ties.....you just saved me some money. :)

When folded per the directions, I have found no need to use anything other than the zip tie.

I just got mine through aaa they had the ones that fit princess to a tee. If you belong to the club you should be able to walk right in and show them the id indicating your a aaa member and hopefully they will have them for you.

I'm a AAA member and would like to know what they charged you for the tags. Thanks!

I had used some very thin ones that someone had given me here. Glad I had used zip ties to reinforce them. Before we even made it to the destination, the plastic was ripping. I tore them off the suitcases entirely before our trip back home. I guess I will have to invest in some heavy duty ones for future trips!

Do you need to put luggage tags on your carry on items also (for any reason) or just the stuff that you will be leaving for the cruise personnel to bring aboard? Can't find an answer to this. Thank you.

Not required ... but there could be an a situation where one of

the bags you planned to carry gets checked. Especially if you

take a bus, and the bags are off-loaded for you.

Has anyone bought the CC tags. I cannot tell the quality but if they are good the price is not bad. 2.50 each.

Yes, they were excellent. Very good quality. Much easier to use than messing about with tape and ties.

We put tags on our carry-ons as well, just in case.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

It's kind of nostalgic, taking the old tags out of the plastic sleeves to put in the new ones. Last cruise was Oasis, which was glorious. Upcoming is Royal, which I expect to be a different kind of glorious.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you all for your help. I did call my local AAA office and the lady in there was clueless about what I was asking for. She said I should come in and look but she didn't think she carried anything like that......interesting. Guess I'll stop by and see - if they don't have them I'll just go with the tape and zip ties. Amazon wants $16 for 8 tags (plus shipping) and CC is about the same price. Would rather spend that on something else.

Again - I appreciate everyone's help very much!

We have a flight to LAX before our Tahiti cruise and can't put ship tags on too early in the journey. I LOVED the idea of using zip ties and reinforcing the paper tags with packing tape. I got them all ready to go and they are in my carry-on for Papeete. Carrying a stapler seems funny to me, and like the previous poster, when I called AAA they were clueless.

It's a simple and easy idea and the kind of suggestion that makes me love Cruise Critic.