Junior Suite on Splendour of the seas

gazza999

I have just booked a Junior Suite (8522) on the Splendour of the Seas for a cruise later this year.

I was wondering if anyone has stayed in this suite (or one close) that can confirm if there is a lot of noise coming from the Pool area and whirlpools located on the deck above ?

Cheers

I have just booked a Junior Suite (8522) on the Splendour of the Seas for a cruise later this year.

I was wondering if anyone has stayed in this suite (or one close) that can confirm if there is a lot of noise coming from the Pool area and whirlpools located on the deck above ?

Cheers

Thank You! We are in Junior Suite 8520 for the Sept. 12 sailing. I had this same question. Are we neighbors by chance?

Deb

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

We were in 8520 earlier this year and did find there was some noise from above but to be honest it was not enough to bother us. Cabin was nice with enough space (and we used sofa bed as there are three of us). Have a lovely time

Cheers

The one noise that may cause problems is when the pool staff cleans the deck in the early morning. They are supposed to pick up the deck chairs to move them. If they drag the chairs you will hear them. If that happens call Guest Services and they will contact the supervisor to fix the problem. This has been an issue for years and sometimes the staff needs a little training. Otherwise enjoy every minute. She is a great ship and has a great crew. :)

My wife and I will be on the same cruise. This will be our first cruise. We are really looking forward to it. We will also be in a JS on Deck 8.

We always said that we would never go on a cruise as it was not for us.

A lot of our friends and family are regular cruisers and they pretty much talked us in to giving if a try.

We sailed on the Independence for the first time last year and loved every second. We sailed on the Brilliance a few months back, have 4 more cruises booked and haven't been on a beach holiday since.

You will love it. :)

:)We are in Aft Junior Suite 8084 on Splendour on 24th October. This will be our first time in an aft stateroom and first time on Royal Caribbean actually.We usually go with Celebrity but for various reasons have opted for this cruise.We are elite with Celebrity and have now got confirmed Diamond with RCI.

I was wondering if anyone has been in 8084 and can let me know what they think.

This is also the smallest ship we will have been on and I really like the Solstice class Celebrity ships best if I am honest.I do however like what I have been reading about Splendour and am hoping for a really nice cruise!

We were in 8520 earlier this year and did find there was some noise from above but to be honest it was not enough to bother us. Cabin was nice with enough space (and we used sofa bed as there are three of us). Have a lovely time

Good news! We won't be bothered by small noises. Plus we will be so worn out by the activities of touring, I'm sure we will sleep like rocks.

Thank you!

OP...you will probably be fine with the cabin you have selected. However, we like to have passenger cabins above and below us. Unless "the pool" is the be-all and end-all of your cruise, then it really doesn't matter a whole lot which deck you are on. I rarely go to the pool on my cruises...there are so many other options onboard that are not available to me at home, that a pool just doesn't make the grade in my book. To each his/her own ! Have a great cruise!:)

:)We are in Aft Junior Suite 8084 on Splendour on 24th October. This will be our first time in an aft stateroom and first time on Royal Caribbean actually.We usually go with Celebrity but for various reasons have opted for this cruise.We are elite with Celebrity and have now got confirmed Diamond with RCI.

This is also the smallest ship we will have been on and I really like the Solstice class Celebrity ships best if I am honest.I do however like what I have been reading about Splendour and am hoping for a really nice cruise!

We were just in that room & our friends were next door.

BRILLIANT room attendant, (best we've had) & the room was 9/10!!!

Splendour is set out so well! We had just been on Vision & the only thing Vision was better at was the food.

We were in 8084 on the Splendour last week. Nice stateroom with plenty of room and storage. Lovely sized balcony with two loungers, table and two chairs - great view off the aft of the ship. George was stateroom attendant and he was wonderful. Let me know if you have any questions.

We have stayed in both the JS and the GS on Splendour and have been very happy with both. There has been a little bit of noise with chairs being moved, but to be honest it is minimal and in no way disrupted our sleep, or our vacation. I really don't think it should bother you.

I think if anyone felt they had to go to complain about it, they are probably the type who complain about all sorts of other things too.

Enjoy Splendour. She is small, but lovely.

Is anybody on the 12/21 splendour out of Dubai or will we have the whole ship to ourselves. Seven in party out of USA

I'd try creating the thread in the roll call section. Some folks may only be looking there.