Azura Refit 2015

Gazroberts80

The problem with the lack of wine waiters was that if you were drinking white wine you often had to wait for your glass to be refilled. We were disappointed with our last cruise on the Azura which we disembarked on Good Friday - there seemed to have been quite a decline in standards. We had to request that our carpet be shampooed, cushions taken away to be laundered and the cushion pads changed, the lamp to be repaired, and the tiles around the bath to be cleaned, as there was a considerable amount of black mould in evidence. All this was in addition to the shabby and holed state of the carpets on the stairs and in the lift areas. The most shabby carpets I have ever seen on a cruise ship in over 20 years. Things can only get better!

It would seem from looking at the most recent Deck plans that the only real change in the venues onboard, will be Seventeen being renamed to Epicurean.

I've also noticed that the evening Verona (lido) product, changing from Trattoria to the Beach House. I wonder if this will result in a refurbishment of the lido restaurants in line with Aurora and Britannia.

There is no doubt the Union flag will be applied as is happening to the rest of the fleet. I believe Oceana had been having the new livery applied over the course of it's Winter sailings. Azura hasn't as this clearly will be done in dry dock. I would also imagine new mattresses throughout and, new carpets in public areas. There is clearly going to be no addition of the Limelight Club, Market Cafe or Cookery Club, which is a shame as they look fantastic on Britannia.

I think the dry dock lasts for around 10 days, so not as long as that of Aurora, which suggests more minor refurbishment, along with the compulsory inspections of the hull and servicing of the pods!

I would love Azura to have a crows nest put in place of the gymnasium. Much rather sit and admire the view instead of pounding those machines.

I would love Azura to have a crows nest put in place of the gymnasium. Much rather sit and admire the view instead of pounding those machines.

Think it would be much easier if you just booked a Cruise on Britannia then :):)

I have to agree with the comments regarding furnishings and carpets on Azura.

We were on Azura and were shocked at the state of the carpets in the stairways and public areas.

Balcony furniture was disgraceful.

Let's hope that there are improvements after the refit.

We were on Celebrity Eclipse last October which is a similar age to Azura. I am afraid the excellent standards on Celebrity and the condition of furnishings etc made us doubtful about future cruises with P & O. We have already booked to go on Britannia in January next year. After that we shall see.

Think it would be much easier if you just booked a Cruise on Britannia then :):)

Absolutely. I was so pleased to see that this new ship had a crows nest and will definitely be going on this one. I just like everything about Azura except it doesn't have a crows nest. I don't suppose Venture has one either.

Absolutely. I was so pleased to see that this new ship had a crows nest and will definitely be going on this one. I just like everything about Azura except it doesn't have a crows nest. I don't suppose Venture has one either.

They do both have bars high up with good views - the Planet bar on Azura and Metropolis on Ventura.

I don't know of another one, it did this a few times during Aurora's refit. I found I just kept checking it and after a couple of days it was back to normal.

They had better get on with the bow flag this week.

http://player.livespotting.tv/?alias=PS_67c7a&ch=LS_b5586&pup=true&ch=LS_b5586&ref=http%3A%2F%2Flivespotting.tv%2F

This other view shows she's still there! Not as good as the other webcam angle though.

If you click on the 'livespotting' logo at the bottom it opens their webpage of loads of great live cameras, I've been watching skiing on the Austrian Alps and baby elephants at Zurich zoo this morning ..... It's no wonder I can't get anything done [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They do both have bars high up with good views - the Planet bar on Azura and Metropolis on Ventura.

But at the rear rather than at the front. Britannia has a front crows nest, albeit a touch small for the capacity.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

She docks at 23.30 on Friday.i am sure it took less than 24 hours to get to Hamburg so probably leave Thursday

Mark

It took her about 30 hours to get to Hamburg, so will probably leave there around Thursday tea time.