Azura Refit 2015

Gazroberts80

I'm not sure now that Azura is going into this dock. On AIS Marine Traffic it shows her destination as Lauenberg, this is much further up the River past Hamburg so we will soon know. Due there tomorrow at 10.30pm their time.

Destination is now 'Elbe Pilots'

What a brilliant web cam. Will definitely be using it to keep up with Azura's progress :) I do like Hamburg, it's a good city!

Gazroberts80 & P&O Sue,

It looks as if Azura may go into the dock 17 opposite the webcam. Azura us in the river and all the lights are on in that dock.

We will know by morning.

Gazroberts80 & P&O Sue,

It looks as if Azura may go into the dock 17 opposite the webcam. Azura us in the river and all the lights are on in that dock.

We will know by morning.

I can see her! :D

Thanks PopsiB for the link, I used it on the thread ive just started for webcams at Southampton, but I couldn't remember your name at the time!

Thanks for putting into webcams, it's used for all the Carnival ships and I've also seen Fred O there as well. One of the Queen's was in not long back.

Just checked dates as I thought I was on Eurodam when you were last year but we sailed 2nd February. :)

I can't get over how clear the webcam is! Looking at it with interest as we sail on her to the fjords in August. Have just come off Oriana and hoping for a slightly more modern ship!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I can't get over how clear the webcam is! Looking at it with interest as we sail on her to the fjords in August. Have just come off Oriana and hoping for a slightly more modern ship!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

something has been done to the funnel this morning!

We came off Azura on Friday after 4 weeks on board and the TA. The cabins are merely being deep cleaned but, carpets are being replaced in public areas. The main purpose of the refit is to scrub the bottom and reseal with a deterrent. The perfume and beauty shop is also being re-modelled (possibly moved - I can't remember what was said).

I don't generally moan about changes that take place but I feel I should warn about the fact that wine waiters have been removed from the MDR's and the waiters are expected to take orders for, and serve the wine using I-pad type machines. It caused utter chaos in the dining rooms with neither job being done satisfactorily. Many people complained on the mid-cruise questionnaire. After my comments I got a phone call from the restaurant manager informing me that this was going to improve the service - NOT. Apparently it is being trialled on Azura for 12 months and then WHO KNOWS. Waiters were also taking orders for the bar in the self service restaurant, but only the one with the I-pad could do it, as was the case in the couple of bars that we used.

Really appreciate the information from you guys who have just come off the ship. Good to hear they are planning to refresh carpets etc :) Really excited to try the Glass house have heard good things. Would you recommend Sindhu, I do love my Indian food

Hi , I have just come ashore from Azura on the 3rd. Sindhu food is delicious, although the other dining rooms are excellent, Sindhu was the tastiest meal on the ship .I loved it. I didn't eat in the Glass House but had drinks in there, wines are fine.

Chris

We were on Azura transatlantic and were eating in the Freedom dining restaurant. We actually felt that the wine service by the waiters was far quicker than when the wine waiters were doing the job. We didn't have any problems at all.

Probably in the fixed dining it is more difficult for the waiters as all of the tables are filled at the same time and everyone is wanting to order. We much prefer freedom dining. Maybe that is what they will find in the trial and keep wine waiters in the fixed sitting restaurant only. There will only be one fixed dining restaurant after the refit.

Sue

They are replacing the drinking water pipes on board and communal area carpets, it's all on the P & O website. Obviously the underside will be anti fouled and union flag on her bow.

Surely its the Union Jack at sea :confused:

Edited by CCFC

I know I'm sad but I found this video on YouTube as I like to see if any new Azura footage! I'm not too good with technical stuff so hope this link works, it's a few minutes of Azura in her dry dock this week, with the workers in hard hats on the deck [emoji3]

http://youtu.be/UA3fKYEUh4Y

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know I'm sad but I found this video on YouTube as I like to see if any new Azura footage! I'm not too good with technical stuff so hope this link works, it's a few minutes of Azura in her dry dock this week, with the workers in hard hats on the deck [emoji3]

http://youtu.be/UA3fKYEUh4Y

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you, Going to have another look through it. Funnel all blue now.:)

Surely its the Union Jack at sea :confused:

Actually that is an old wives tale as it was accepted that both could be used. This was over 110 years ago.

See this quote. It is often stated that the Union Flag should only be described as the Union Jack when flown in the bows of a warship, but this is a relatively recent idea. From early in its life the Admiralty itself frequently referred to the flag as the Union Jack, whatever its use, and in 1902 an Admiralty Circular announced that Their Lordships had decided that either name could be used officially. Such use was given Parliamentary approval in 1908 when it was stated that “the Union Jack should be regarded as the National flag”.

Simple answer to the wine at dinner is to order by phone well before dinner. It's always already on the table.

This was not the case on Azura on its last 2 cruises - no wine waiters to get it. We found a wine that we particularly liked in the Glass House and used to buy it and take it down to the MDR - it was a screw top so no need for any waiters - perhaps that is the way forward!!:(