Azura Refit 2015

Gazroberts80

Really appreciate the information from you guys who have just come off the ship. Good to hear they are planning to refresh carpets etc :) Really excited to try the Glass house have heard good things. Would you recommend Sindhu, I do love my Indian food

Didn't try Sindhi but heard good reports and it looks like a very pleasant venue as we walked past. We're not pasta fans but for a small cover charge the Italian menu evening meal in Verona was really rated by those who tried it.

Really appreciate the information from you guys who have just come off the ship. Good to hear they are planning to refresh carpets etc :) Really excited to try the Glass house have heard good things. Would you recommend Sindhu, I do love my Indian food

Last June we ate in Sindhu despite the fact that I don't really like Indian food! It was wonderful! For my main course I had a steak dish marinated in various spices etc and it was beautiful. Served with several side dishes (not sure what they were ). Can't remember what else I had but I do know I enjoyed it - but it was nothing like any Indian food I have had before.

Still preferred Seventeen, but had 3 lunches in the Glasshouse which were all excellent.

I am just off Azura the Christmas cruise and she is showing signs of wear and tear. The carpets in particular do need changing. In our first cabin they were threadbare in many places.The shower curtains need changing as ours was all moldy on the bottom. My wife had pre-booked spa treatments and has said she has flung whiter sheets out to the bucket,they were grey not nice white linen as you would expect,the towels were hard not fluffy and the bathrobes were scratchy and in need of the aforementioned bucket. If she had known this there is no way she would have prebooked and prepaid and will never prebook again.

Regards

W

Where has that been announced please? Seventeen was the best place to eat on Azura (IMHO) ...

I haven't seen it announced but I'm on Azura in June and when I looked at my Personaliser yesterday I noticed they were calling Seventeeen "Epicurian"

I am just off Azura the Christmas cruise and she is showing signs of wear and tear. The carpets in particular do need changing. In our first cabin they were threadbare in many places.The shower curtains need changing as ours was all moldy on the bottom. My wife had pre-booked spa treatments and has said she has flung whiter sheets out to the bucket,they were grey not nice white linen as you would expect,the towels were hard not fluffy and the bathrobes were scratchy and in need of the aforementioned bucket. If she had known this there is no way she would have prebooked and prepaid and will never prebook again.

Regards

W

Just got back yesterday from Azura and yes the carpets are stained and bit thin in places but all being replaced soft furnishings as well must have replaced towels all ours where white fluffy and not a bit threadbare clean shower curtain every 3-4 days ,must be all new in spar as well had my hair done and a spar treatment another day and all lovely soft and very white just as should be so looks like started replacing things already ,a large team of engineers got on in Barbados so clearly some work and planning is starting now .

We were on Azura in November - we ate in Seventeen, Sindhu, Verona and the Glass House - loved them all, although Verona, in my opinion was just as good as Seventeen - the menu for the new Epicurian Restaurant also looks nice so will hopefully be sampling that on our Wedding Anniversary in June :)

She's been flat out since she was launched in 2010 so she's bound to be a bit used in places.

We also thought that and did say if we had 3000 plus people walking through our living room a fortnight our house would be wrecked. I was merely stating what we noticed. The spa linen and towels there is no excuse for. In our opinion the manager/manageress should pick up on this. I`m sure the dining room manager would not allow a grey table cover to be put out in the dining room . Hopefully as someone has stated they have started to change things.

Regards

W

• 1 month later...
Does anyone have any idea what if any changes will be made to Azura in her Dry Docking in April. Obviously a key aspect will be general maintenance and hull inspections and I'm guessing she will also receive the flag. Can we expect any changes to the bars and restaurants onboard? Many details of Aurora's extensive refit were shared well before she entered dry dock, so I'm guessing changes will be at a minimum. I'm sailing on her in June so I'm excited to hear of any potential modifications.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Could be that she is getting the Union Jack painted on her bow too :)

It would seem from looking at the most recent Deck plans that the only real change in the venues onboard, will be Seventeen being renamed to Epicurean.

I've also noticed that the evening Verona (lido) product, changing from Trattoria to the Beach House. I wonder if this will result in a refurbishment of the lido restaurants in line with Aurora and Britannia.

There is no doubt the Union flag will be applied as is happening to the rest of the fleet. I believe Oceana had been having the new livery applied over the course of it's Winter sailings. Azura hasn't as this clearly will be done in dry dock. I would also imagine new mattresses throughout and, new carpets in public areas. There is clearly going to be no addition of the Limelight Club, Market Cafe or Cookery Club, which is a shame as they look fantastic on Britannia.

I think the dry dock lasts for around 10 days, so not as long as that of Aurora, which suggests more minor refurbishment, along with the compulsory inspections of the hull and servicing of the pods!

Edited by Gazroberts80

It would seem from looking at the most recent Deck plans that the only real change in the venues onboard, will be Seventeen being renamed to Epicurean.

I've also noticed that the evening Verona (lido) product, changing from Trattoria to the Beach House. I wonder if this will result in a refurbishment of the lido restaurants in line with Aurora and Britannia.

There is no doubt the Union flag will be applied as is happening to the rest of the fleet. I believe Oceana had been having the new livery applied over the course of it's Winter sailings. Azura hasn't as this clearly will be done in dry dock. I would also imagine new mattresses throughout and, new carpets in public areas. There is clearly going to be no addition of the Limelight Club, Market Cafe or Cookery Club, which is a shame as they look fantastic on Britannia.

I think the dry dock lasts for around 10 days, so not as long as that of Aurora, which suggests more minor refurbishment, along with the compulsory inspections of the hull and servicing of the pods!

I hope that if they do get new mattresses they are the same as the ones on Britannia, we had the most comfortable bed on Britannia that we have ever had on any cruise.

Just had the "Our world" e-mail and it says this

In April this year, Azura will receive her first refit since she entered service in April 2010. At the Blohm and Voss Shipyard in Hamburg, Germany, more than 800 contractors will work on the ship for just over two weeks. The multimillion renovation programme will include technical projects, such as renewing the pipes used to carry drinking water, while inside the ship the buffet will be updated and the carpets will be replaced in alleyways, staircases, landings and the main restaurant area. The port shop, full of holiday essentials, is going to be relocated to Deck 5, and following the refit, Britannia’s Epicurean menu will feature in Seventeen. Outside, meanwhile, the ship’s hull will be painted with the new P&O Cruises union flag branding to match Aurora and Britannia.

No problem :) Doesn't seem many changes but it's confirmation of the flag!

Also - worked out the 17 restaurant changing as I'm on Azura in June and they're already calling it "Epicurean" in my Personaliser!

Edited by P&O SUE

This is a link to a webcam in Hamburg that scans the dock that Azura will go into.

I used it to watch Aurora at her refit before Christmas

http://player.livespotting.tv/?p=hotel-hamburg.de&te=default2&th=default2&pl=syndication&ratio=16:9&pla=default&tbar=false&ch=LS_000000000034

Thanks for that! Looks a nice day there at the moment :)

Edited by P&O SUE
Typo

What a brilliant web cam. Will definitely be using it to keep up with Azura's progress :) I do like Hamburg, it's a good city!

I'm not sure now that Azura is going into this dock. On AIS Marine Traffic it shows her destination as Lauenberg, this is much further up the River past Hamburg so we will soon know. Due there tomorrow at 10.30pm their time.

Edited by PopsiB