How Many of you cruise with only carry on luggag?

kelbre

Rubber shoes and the word "classy" is questionable when used in the same sentence. I'm not suggesting that uncomfortable shoes need to be worn to be fashionable, but I am saying that it doesn't matter how they are styled, rubber shoes are still rubber shoes and are not and will never be anything that could be considered dressy or "classy." My opinion.

Rubber shoes and the word "classy" is questionable when used in the same sentence. I'm not suggesting that uncomfortable shoes need to be worn to be fashionable, but I am saying that it doesn't matter how they are styled, rubber shoes are still rubber shoes and are not and will never be anything that could be considered dressy or "classy." My opinion.

That's your commented opinion and this picture is my opinion when rubber shoes are mistaken for regular flat shoes:

46c8fa5a9f2cd00704fb4d75ea0ddf76.jpg

That's your commented opinion and this picture is my opinion when rubber shoes are mistaken for regular flat shoes:

46c8fa5a9f2cd00704fb4d75ea0ddf76.jpg

They still look like rubber. Style is cute, but they are rubber. Yuck. (My opinion).

• 2 weeks later...

I found 2 Tumi soft sided rectangular rolling carry ons at TJ Maxx last year that we took to Italy for 12 days in late October. They were perfect, and even fit in the overhead bins on the commuter flights. We could only have 18 lbs, and the suitcase weighed 4 1/2 lbs., but we did it, and were stylish. In fact, we brought more than we needed.

We are bringing them for our 7 night Baltic cruise and one post night this year in May, and will not check a bag.

I will pack 3 tops, all of which I will wear with leggings for dinners(will wear each twice with one three times). Shoes will be Lindsay Phillips ballet flats.

For 4 days of touring, I will have 2 sweaters and three lightweight t's to go under the sweaters. 2 lightweight dark indigo skinny "jeans"(not really denim), 2 scarves. 1 packable down jacket(everyone in Italy seemed to wear these last fall). One pair of comfy black flats. I can hand wash the t shirts

For sea days, will wear leggings, and a long, comfy top.

Everything for my hair that fits in a quart sized baggie will come, and I go to my make up counter and get the 10 day sample size of foundation, so I don't waste space with a bigger bottle.

I pack doing that bundle method, and swear by it. I put my undies, etc on a vacuum bag, so if the suitcase is searched, they aren't tumbling out.

If there is room, and weight left, I will bring my hair dryer and flat iron, otherwise, I will wear my hair curly, which DH likes better anyway.

In my tote will be just my phone, Ipad, Kindle,a small make up bag, compression socks and something I can use as a sleeping top on the plane.

On the plane, I wear leggings and long top, bring a sweater and maybe a raincoat if rain is in the forecast.

It is so liberating to just have a carry on.

one suitcase and carry on for 12 day Europe twice....

same for my shorter cruisesI've done...

last summer I did carry on for 7 day Carib cruise...had tons of options as I left home any thicker heavier items except for one hoodie....for coziness for MUTS...(Movies Under the Stars)...and to wear on the plane...

Next cruise- Alaska 10 days and 4 days San Francisco...tons of different weather.....getting into "dressing like an onion"...BUT we EACH get two free bags...yikes.....so I may take the carryon in ADDITION to my larger piece....and just check it both ways...

Bernadette

Bravo to all of you. For my husband and myself. YIKES:eek:

Never have and absolutely no desire to ever do it. I like options, I like clean and I have no intention of doing laundry on my vacation. If I need to pay baggage fees, well, it's just part of my total vacation cost. Porters are there for a reason and I'm glad to help support the local economy, LOL.

Debbi

Plus,you are a woman.

Yes I am Garsnay, but my husband brings more clothes than I do!

Yep, agree. As a woman, I pack less than my male husband. And I take less time to get ready to go out too. Screw stereotypes.

To pack light for a warm weather trip, here's what I do, Decide on a base neutral color (usually black, navy, or Khaki depending on what looks best on you). Choose bottoms in solid in this color (shorts, capris, slacks or skirts as you prefer) Then choose 2 complementary secondary colors that coordinate and choose tops in solids and prints in these colors. All tops will mix and match with all bottoms. Pack one pair of shoes for each type of activity, in the base or secondary color (Walking, nicer sandals or flats for evenings, pool shoes/flipflops, one dressy pair - I like metallic, or black since my base color is always black). 3 bottoms and 5 tops go a long way. Pack a good variety of accessories (a wrap in one of your colors, scarves, jewelry, etc ) as these do not take up much room, If you want to go more dressy for evening, choose a couple of sundresses (I like the knit kind that does not wrinkle) that go with the shoes or pack a couple of nicer tops you can wear with the aforementioned bottoms. For formal/elegant night I usually take a simple black dress and accessorize it differently if there is more than one dressy night. Add in your underthings and 2 bathing suits and a simple coverup (I usually pack a sarong). Pack your toiletries in your carry on. Instead of packing pj's, once on board buy I an oversized souvenir tshirt to sleep in. Pack your toiletries in your carryon. If you have room for more, fine, but if not, these basic will do for a week or more. For a longer trip, you may have to do laundry once. Happy cruising!