Odds of getting FTTF

BigB0882

I have a cruise scheduled in April and in June (both on Dream) and have been unable to snag FTTF for either one, despite checking multiple times every day. What are the odds of me getting one at this point? I know some come available from time to time but is it pretty unlikely this close to sailing? I would really like to get one for the June sailing since it appears the Belize stop is a tender port. The April sailing is no big deal, would like it for quicker embarkation but really no big deal. Just wondering if I should keep checking so religiously or am I wasting my time at this point?

I'm doing the same now.. Past experience says that the probability of landing one comes a little bit closer to cruise day.

Just be sure that you don't have a cruise transfer booked, you may not be able to land a FTTF even if available. I learned that the hard way.

My friend and I were checking for her every single day several times a day on her Breeze cruise and 22 hours before boarding the ship, we got her one :)

Yes, she had to reprint her boarding pass and luggage tags but they were so happy to get it !!!

Keep trying, you never know... Good Luck

I booked our current cruise about 6-7 weeks out of the sail date. I kept checking several times a day for the FTTF. It finally popped up about a week or 2 ago. I have 10 days left to my cruise....so I bet you will see more pop up when you have a few weeks left.

Edited by RTRMom

Tough to say on the odds. You hear a lot of success stories, but never hear from the ones that tried and failed. I got one, mine came about 8 at night. The things to consider are a lot of upgrades (upsells) happen closer to the cruise, and if some one goes to suite, they may drop theres. Also, Carnival releases them in increments, and availability is dependant on platinum/Diamond cruisers on the boat. I was told by someone @ carnival that 50 was the max on the FTTF. On my particular sailing, they have only sold 30. even though I have one, I still check for the fun of it a couple times a day to see if they release another set, just to see how it works. I've seen a lot of people post that they get theirs two to three weeks out (just my perception maybe). If you reallly want it, just keep checking and hopefully you get it.

I got a FTTF for the June cruise!!! I am so happy.

Question, though. I have read on here that I only need one, even though it says per person. So I got just one and put it under my husbands name since he is the main name on the booking. When I look under activities for our cruise it shows the FTTF and it only lists his name where it says "guests." I will be able to use it since I am in the same room, right? Or do I need to somehow add my name to it?

I got a FTTF for the June cruise!!! I am so happy.

Question, though. I have read on here that I only need one, even though it says per person. So I got just one and put it under my husbands name since he is the main name on the booking. When I look under activities for our cruise it shows the FTTF and it only lists his name where it says "guests." I will be able to use it since I am in the same room, right? Or do I need to somehow add my name to it?

It is one per cabin.

If you are ever up late, try checking then. I noticed someone above got it at 4 am and I checked at 10 pm PST (1 am for Carnival HQ) and got it. Luckily, I didn't know that DH had checked around 8:30 and it wasn't there or I wouldn't have checked! Checked for fun at 9 am the next morning and they were all gone! This was about 40 days out from cruising. Good luck!

My friends tried to get one at booking - about a month ago - but a person on our cruise critic group mentioned there were several available. My friend got the 2 that she wanted! So keep checking as everyone has mentioned!

Betty

We have had ours for some time now but last week I was looking at the excursions for the cruise and it said FTTF was available. I clicked on it to see how many were there and it said 17. Our cruise is Feb 22nd. The next day I checked again and two were left. Keep trying. You never know.

I have a cruise scheduled in April and in June (both on Dream) and have been unable to snag FTTF for either one, despite checking multiple times every day. What are the odds of me getting one at this point? I know some come available from time to time but is it pretty unlikely this close to sailing? I would really like to get one for the June sailing since it appears the Belize stop is a tender port. The April sailing is no big deal, would like it for quicker embarkation but really no big deal. Just wondering if I should keep checking so religiously or am I wasting my time at this point?

Although it may vary somewhat, typically Carnival only sells about thirty FTTF's to start with. If I were you, I'd start checking on the date the final payment is due for the cruise, and every day after that. Whether or not Carnival makes more FTTF's available will depend on if their are any FTTF cancellations, and how many Platinum / Diamond cruiser have booked that cruise.