Carnival 7 day in July $&

noleswin

No its true, prices are getting high even in non summer months. If Carnival keeps this up we will see more and more people sailing other lines. I'm sorry I love Carnival and have always been a big fan, but for the prices they are starting to charge we can sail a better quality cruise line and get more for our money.

Edited by mkdreams

If Carnival keeps this up we will see more and more people sailing other lines.

If people think that $3,300 for a family of 4 on Carnival is expensive, I seriously doubt that they'll pay the 8,000 that I was quoted for Disney or the $5,000 on Royal for this summer.

We've gotten so used to the ridiculously low prices that cruise lines have been charging recently that we've forgotten how much it really used to cost to cruise. Heck! $3,300 is less than what we paid for a family of 4 back in 1993!

Edited by Tapi

I'm sailing another cruise line this spring break just for that reason. I was able to get a cruise on Royal for Six hundred cheaper and on a much better ship. Carnival's prices are getting Ridiculous. The quality has gone way down and the prices have gone up.

Yes the prices are up. We only cruise in the summer and are on the Conquest this July but we searched every cruise line and could not find any price even close to matching Carnivals

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

We're on the Breeze this summer and it's slightly higher than what we paid last summer...however we were on the Liberty so a higher price is to be expected. We could have booked the Conquest for the same price as what we paid last year. Dream this spring break is roughly what we paid last spring break on the Freedom. We booked the Dream last year on the Freedom, but have not had any price drops. So not, I don't think it's any higher this year.

And BTW, $3k for 4 people on a week long vacay is still a good deal. We looked at renting an RV for 5 days and was quoted close to $1500....and we would have to buy fuel, food, camp spots, etc....

Yes, prices are up. Across the board. BUT...if you are willing to pay it to vacation, and book ES, in my experience, you will see a significant price drop. We get two rooms, a balcony and an inside. We paid about $600 more for our spring break cruise than we normally do on the Sunshine; I wanted a particular room, so we booked early. I was initially attributing the high price it to being the "newest" ship. But, watching price drops, I now have about $600 OBC. The ship wasn't filling up and down the prices came. So as long as you are willing to pay it, my guess is you may be rewarded on the back end and people are holding out for prices to come down.

No its true, prices are getting high even in non summer months. If Carnival keeps this up we will see more and more people sailing other lines. I'm sorry I love Carnival and have always been a big fan, but for the prices they are starting to charge we can sail a better quality cruise line and get more for our money.

LOL...and which other lines are offering the bargain fares you are seeing? Carnival is still the lowest by far in any week I have looked at. While some say Carnival is more expensive, everyone else is still way above them.

Edited by ray98

My son is actually old enough now to book with 3 of his friends all 21 to 22. He ask me what I thought they could get a cheap 7 night in July for being we always to him and his younger brother once a year. I told him 4 people in an inside would probably run around 500 per. Boy was i wrong.

My son is actually old enough now to book with 3 of his friends all 21 to 22. He ask me what I thought they could get a cheap 7 night in July for being we always to him and his younger brother once a year. I told him 4 people in an inside would probably run around 500 per. Boy was i wrong.

Too much coffee this morning:confused: