Survey! UBP or UDP and who are you cruising with

summercruise2015

Sailing with DH in May. We are going to do the UDP. Our cruise is port intensive, so I don't see us drinking much. For us, on this cruise, I don't think we would get our moneys worth. Now, if we had a bunch of sea days, that might be a different story... ;)

Neither. Studios on the Epic didn't qualify for the perk.

I'm certain us rowdy solo travelers could put quite a dent in liquor. Also, I paid less for my booking than the cost of the UBP for the week so I'm certain they would have lost money on me sailing. :D

Just my beautiful wife and myself sailing on the Gem in March. Let my kids book thier own cruise! We chose the UBP and that's what sold the cruise. We got a great rate on a mini-suite and with the beverage package thrown in, it was a no brainer.

UDP, a no brainer for us, since we are pretty much light drinkers, and that option was not offered on our 12 day Repo cruise.

DH, a former professional Cook, adores being waited on, and service in the Specialty restaurants often seems a cut above. Sometimes we do see a few of the waitstaff in more than one venue, including the MDRs, but they still tend to be our Vacation Heroes, just about every one a shining star.

The OBC was about 1/3 of the UDP value, and the Airfare option, something like $50 apiece, not even a consideration.

A few on our Roll Call were worried the Specialty Dining rooms would be mobbed and the MDRs next to deserted, given the Freestyle Choice promos.

Judging from this rather unscientific ;) thread, it looks like there is nothing to worry about. The UBP is the runaway favorite. Keep Calm and dream about cruising :D

I waffled on this decision and had originally chose UDP when planning. By the time I booked I came around to the idea of the UBP thinking it would suit our family better. We are a family of 4, with two teens. My kids will want some soda and we talked about how we would want the freedom to order a drink whenever we wanted.

We opted for the UBP - sailing with my mom, hubby, and then 9 year old; my mom wants a worry free cruise, so we would likely have purchased the UBP, this way we're only paying for one package versus 3. Saves us over 800 dollars, as well as only paying taxes and port fees for mom and kiddo - we couldn't really beat that!

Both. We are on our 50th anniversary cruise with all 10 of our kids and grandkids We're just in balconies so had to pay for the UDP, but figured that was cheaper than the other. We will eat out at the specialties almost every night...love them all.

UBP and UDP.

Traveling with husband and then 10 year old son. On 23 day Europe sailing so we were able to pick two..

We had the unlimited drink package on Mediterranean cruise with MSC. We had a hard time getting our money's worth, but for 23 days it is better not to have to worry