do any CCL ships sleep 5 to a cabin?

S.S.Oceanlover

I know the Magic has a deluxe ocean view room that sleeps five.

From Carnival:

On Carnival Magic, Deluxe Ocean View staterooms are a great choice for families who want to let the sun shine in as they sail. Rooms in this category feature great views, a full bathroom — plus a separate washroom — and while stateroom configurations vary, certain Deluxe Ocean View rooms have space to sleep up to five cruisers.

Edited by Sooner-Cruisers

The Captain's Suite sleeps 5. It is a little pricey, but if you are splitting it 5 ways??? It is huge. Has a separate bedroom with a king or 2 twins. and the living room has a king sleeper sofa and another twin bed, There are two full bathrooms and a huge deck with lounges and a table and chairs.

ships built before 2000 solas. so triumph, victory, fantasy class ships.

dream, magic, breeze (and vista) have the deluxe oceanviews meant for 5 with the 2nd half bath well really they're both half baths.

sunshine as the destiny class precursor to triumph and victory has some of the oddball cabins too.

Edited by falkcor

Many of the ships do.

Dream, Magic, & Breeze: some of the deluxe OV cabins sleep 5, using 2 uppers & a sofabed.

The 5 Conquest class ships & Sunshine: Captains Suites, very expensive.

The 8 Fantasy class ships, Sunshine, Triumph, & Victory: some of the rooms can sleep 5, using a trundle/rollaway for the 5th in a 4-person room. These are the oldest ships, so they are the only ones that allow the rollaways/trundles. This can be done in some interiors, OVs, balconies (if they have them), & suites. Some of the grand suites will use a double sofa bed, which sleeps 2, plus the rollaway, meaning that nobody has to climb to an upper.

Thanks for all the replies.

As far as the captains suite the 3 kids are 16,8,and 6 so there is not splitting the cost unfortunately.

Bill

The cheapest is an inside for five on any of the Fantasy-class ships (Fantasy, Sensation, Elation, Imagination, Paradise, Ecstasy, Fascination, Inspiration) or the Victory, Triumph, or Sunshine. The fifth bed is a trundle that rolls under the bed during the day and takes up most of the walking space at night. It is comfortable for a child under five-foot but is not full length. I have slept on it curled up as a petite woman, but it's mainly for kids. I know some people couldn't share the space with five people, but my family has no problem with it. There's tons of closet and drawer space.

The largest ships, the Dream class, have very nice oceanview cabins with extra space and a second bathroom area with sink and a bathtub shower. The fifth bed is a couch, which without the cushions made a full-length bed, leaving plenty of walking space at night. However, those ships and those rooms will be more pricy, especially in the summer, although prices start to go down at the end of August. It is possible that it might not be much more to have two insides, which might be more comfortable, especially with a teenager.

I sailed with my the kids last year. 16, 14 and 10. I suggest instead of one room she get connecting rooms or what we did. We had a balcony room and our kids were across from us in an interior. It worked out great and we didn't feel cramped in a room, it almost felt like a two room suite. The cost isn't really much more for two rooms I found. My 10 year old enjoyed kicking back on his upper berth, ordering room service and watching tv in his own room. But we also enjoyed the balcony as a family. And we had enough closets for everyone and two bathrooms. And a place for mom and dad to escape to.

If you go on Carnival.com and do a search for cruises, it will let you put in a Max of 5 passengers with 1 stateroom . Then the cruises and ships that come up will be all of the ones available for 5 in one room.

Edited by lizziez00

For the ages of your kids I would not do separate cabins.

Our first cruise was an inside cabin with 5 of us on the sensation.

Very doable. We slept in the cabin, showered and changed in the gym/spa area

If your neice is a first time cruiser she will not be using the cabin that much.

Tell her to search for the last two weeks in August as the price goes down considerable But also tell her this is hurricane season. so do not base the cruise on certain ports

We've done 5 in an inside cabin several times. First cruise with the kids was on the Fantasy, they were 15, 14 and 13 when we cruised. Last year I brought my daughter and her 3 friends on a graduation celebration cruise, also on the Fantasy. All 4 girls were 18, plus me. We all survived just fine!!! We were never in the cabin anyway! The key is being organized. Unpacking everything to get the suitcases out of the way, as well as using an over the door shoe organizer outside of the bathroom door to organize everyone's stuff, and keeping the room tidy, all make it very doable. I showered in the spa when I sailed with the 4 teen girls last year, and I must say that I LOVED showering up there! In all the cases where we sailed with 5 in a room, we saved hundreds of dollars vs. having 2 rooms. You can compare prices with 1 room of 5 vs splitting up into 2 rooms on the search engine.

Asking for niece who has 3 kids and the significant other.

They are looking at maybe taking their first cruise the end of August.

TIA

Bill

We took our Son & Daughter in Law, with their 3 kids,ages 11, 13 , 16. they had a balcony that slept 4, and they brought in a cot. Queen bed, upper , lower (couch made up in to a bed) and the cot. This was on the Triumph.

Thanks for all the followup replies.

Narrowed it down to the Paradise 5 day Caribbean from Tampa.

Kids are too young to put across the hall and there are no connecting cabins on the Paradise so it looks like an oceanview cabin for 5 is the choice.

Priced out 2 rooms for the heck of it and the 2 cabins would have been $500 more.

Thanks again

Bill

Edited by S.S.Oceanlover