cheers program questions

cutiepiefred

I just have a question. why is it that all people in your booking have to purchase this, if they have a limit on the amount of drinks you can recieve anyways? Just curious as I will never drink enough a day to make this worth it, but my hubby may. Also would we then have to get a bubbles packages for our child as he is 6 and doers not drink soda?

You don't need to get a bubbles card for your child. The answers as to why both adults in a stateroom have to get cheers had been answered. Whether you agree or not it is to prevent sharing of drinks.

I get that but if its a limit of 15 anyways, and you are sharing you are then going to be paying for drinks out of pockat at that point.

I just have a question. why is it that all people in your booking have to purchase this, if they have a limit on the amount of drinks you can recieve anyways? Just curious as I will never drink enough a day to make this worth it, but my hubby may. Also would we then have to get a bubbles packages for our child as he is 6 and doers not drink soda?

Profit!!!!!

It can be discussed until you're blue in the face. Nothing anyone says on here can change the the rules. They are what they are.

However, if you both purchase the Cheers package, your son is not required to purchase BB. Same goes the other way. If he or anyone in the room wants BB, the others are not required to get it.

I think the reason for this rule is more than to prevent sharing. Before the program, large groups could get an alcohol package if EVERYONE in the group participated. Otherwise, only the heavy drinkers would purchase it and they would lose money.

I think that is part of the reason for the rule with the new program. This way, they are more likely to get some not-so-heavy drinkers in the pool of passengers who purchase the card. The pricing assumes that not everyone will drink 15 per day.

You are not buying 15 drinks. You are buying all ONE person can drink up to 15 drink max.

ok but i/m saying that if said person drinks 15a day they are then at max and have to buy anything else they want to drink. I am only asking this cause if they are putting a limit on it, then why make everyone in the booking buy it.

ok but i/m saying that if said person drinks 15a day they are then at max and have to buy anything else they want to drink. I am only asking this cause if they are putting a limit on it, then why make everyone in the booking buy it.

15 drinks is the max, and no you cannot purchase anymore drinks if and when you reach that max. The 15 count is a hard max, and you are not allowed to purchase any drinks after you reach that limit until 6am the next day.

Ok, here's why (and you kind of hit on it in your initial question):

Person 1: I will never drink enough a day to make this worth it

Person 2: I will never drink enough a day to make this worth it

Person 1 and 2: Let's just get one package and split it!

If sharing were allowed, it would almost be a guarantee every package sold would be maxed out to the limit.

It's not like buying a 15-drink package whereby you are entitled to 15 alcoholic drinks. It's a package under which you (individually) can have as many alcoholic drinks as you like up to a maximum of 15.

Hopefully that helps explain how it works! :)

Ok, here's why (and you kind of hit on it in your initial question):

Person 1: I will never drink enough a day to make this worth it

Person 2: I will never drink enough a day to make this worth it

Person 1 and 2: Let's just get one package and split it!

If sharing were allowed, it would almost be a guarantee every package sold would be maxed out to the limit.

It's not like buying a 15-drink package whereby you are entitled to 15 alcoholic drinks. It's a package under which you (individually) can have as many alcoholic drinks as you like up to a maximum of 15.

Hopefully that helps explain how it works! :)

Hubby will easliy hit the 15 mark if he is only drinking beer, i on the other hand maybe drink a total of 15 on the whole cruise. its cheaper if he has the package then buy drinks seperate, but we will lose money if i buy it. if the above said is true and they no longer let you purchase anymore after 15, arnt they then losing money?

Hubby will easliy hit the 15 mark if he is only drinking beer, i on the other hand maybe drink a total of 15 on the whole cruise. its cheaper if he has the package then buy drinks seperate, but we will lose money if i buy it. if the above said is true and they no longer let you purchase anymore after 15, arnt they then losing money?

Nope. Because they made you buy the other package and you didn't max it out.

You answered your own question: its cheaper if he has the package then buy drinks separate, but we will lose money if I buy it.

Get it now?

Edited by KevInPitt

This is why, unfortunately, my annual guys-cruise group had to move on to RCI for this year's trip. We used to have the old open bar package, but they canceled it last year and told us we'd have to do their lame Cheers program.

RCI doesn't cap their packages, and they have tiers, so it was a no-brainer. I wish Carnival would get with the times and drop their arbitrary cap, it should be left to the staff to determine who has been over served. We much prefer the Carnival nightlife, I hope we get to come back someday.

Edited by DarthGrady

This is why, unfortunately, my annual guys-cruise group had to move on to RCI for this year's trip. We used to have the old open bar package, but they canceled it last year and told us we'd have to do their lame Cheers program.

RCI doesn't cap their packages, and they have tiers, so it was a no-brainer. I wish Carnival would get with the times and drop their arbitrary cap, it should be left to the staff to determine who has been over served. We much prefer the Carnival nightlife, I hope we get to come back someday.

I agree we have tried NCl which they had no cap and they didnt make the whole booking buy the package but the night life is so much better on carnival. I just dont think they should force you to buy something that you are not going to use. not just myself but one of the other people in our booking have a medical issue and they are unable to drink so them being forced to buy this package is crazy. and to the previous comment about the fact that he will use his 15 and I wont makes no sense as to why he cant buy anymore out of pocket if we are NOT ALOUD TO SHARE, according to why we need 2 packages then why shouldnt he be aloud to buy more? Its gonna come down to none of buying any drinks on board for the whole week. when on our last cruise we had 5 staterooms and all spent over 1000 on alchol and drinks for the week, we have that many this time, so i guess carnival will be losing out on some money

NCL makes everyone buy the drink package and also makes the 3rd and 4th buy the soda package if the first 2 but the drink package. But there is no limit. Also thru spring break No one under 25 is allowed to buy the drink package.

There are some cruise line's that let only 1 buy the drink package, maybe you should try them?

I agree we have tried NCl which they had no cap and they didnt make the whole booking buy the package but the night life is so much better on carnival. I just dont think they should force you to buy something that you are not going to use. not just myself but one of the other people in our booking have a medical issue and they are unable to drink so them being forced to buy this package is crazy. and to the previous comment about the fact that he will use his 15 and I wont makes no sense as to why he cant buy anymore out of pocket if we are NOT ALOUD TO SHARE, according to why we need 2 packages then why shouldnt he be aloud to buy more? Its gonna come down to none of buying any drinks on board for the whole week. when on our last cruise we had 5 staterooms and all spent over 1000 on alchol and drinks for the week, we have that many this time, so i guess carnival will be losing out on some money

Lol, I seriously doubt that no one in your group will be drinking because of the way Cheers! is structured. I don't see what the big deal is. If your DH buys 15 drinks per day, you would roughly be paying the same as if you purchased 2 Cheers! packages (based on the break even point of 7 drinks) He won't even have a limit to worry about either.

Edited by Rena921

Lol, I seriously doubt that no one in your group will be drinking because of the way Cheers! is structured. I don't see what the big deal is. If your DH buys 15 drinks per day, you would roughly be paying the same as if you purchased 2 Cheers! packages (based on the break even point of 7 drinks) He won't even have a limit to worry about either.

oh i was pregnant on our last cruise had medical docs showing and they still tried to make me purchase it in order for him to have it, he drank nothing but what was included all week. i am not saying he will drink the whole 15 i am just saying they shouldnt make everyone buy it if they are going to cap it anyways to prevent sharing.

Simple....a good number would share it because most wont use 2/3rds of the plan allotment on their own. I guarantee the profit numbers are based on the average and not everyone drinking 15, that is probably where it hit the minimum margin.

shine731 they are not capping to prevent sharing. they are capping for general safety of the guests and crew. 15 drinks should be plenty.

the reason they make everyone purchase the package is to prevent sharing.

I sure hope that is sarcasm as it is not based on any science.

Princess has no limit, no everyone in the cabin has to buy it and it includes Espresso coffee drinks, bottled water and sodas. They do not seem as paranoid as Carnival even though they are part of the same holding company