Just off the Vision of the Seas!!!

AggieCard

Great to hear that. We're on her in 2 weeks. I do have a question. Do they/how often do they turn the clocks back the then forward. Our first night is when daylight savings times begin and curious if we turn back and forth and then back again.

Were the ship activities good? Did they offer anything out of the ordinary or different?

Thanks

Great to hear that. We're on her in 2 weeks. I do have a question. Do they/how often do they turn the clocks back the then forward. Our first night is when daylight savings times begin and curious if we turn back and forth and then back again.

Were the ship activities good? Did they offer anything out of the ordinary or different?

Thanks

You are going to absolutely love it. It is obviously much smaller than the larger ships, but still so much fun. As far as the clocks, we stayed on EST the entire trip. The captain made numerous announcements about this because 2 (i think) of the stops are actually on CST. The ship activities were the norm, belly flop, sexiest man, quest etc etc. The only real different activity that I can remember was the sexiest bicep comp for women, which for me was kind of just blah. Marvin the cruise director is very energetic and you will enjoy him.

The biggest difference about this ship was Captain Marack (SP) is very very visible on the cruise. Unlike a lot of others he interacts with the cruisers a lot. He eats in the windjammer and is a lot of fun to talk to. Just a heads up, dont want to spoil anything, but he was formerly the lead in a rock band. He was the most enjoyable and personable captain I have ever been around.

You are going to absolutely love it. It is obviously much smaller than the larger ships, but still so much fun. As far as the clocks, we stayed on EST the entire trip. The captain made numerous announcements about this because 2 (i think) of the stops are actually on CST. The ship activities were the norm, belly flop, sexiest man, quest etc etc. The only real different activity that I can remember was the sexiest bicep comp for women, which for me was kind of just blah. Marvin the cruise director is very energetic and you will enjoy him.

The biggest difference about this ship was Captain Marack (SP) is very very visible on the cruise. Unlike a lot of others he interacts with the cruisers a lot. He eats in the windjammer and is a lot of fun to talk to. Just a heads up, dont want to spoil anything, but he was formerly the lead in a rock band. He was the most enjoyable and personable captain I have ever been around.

Marvin is the activities manager for this ship but was Cruise Director for this week because of a all Cruise Director conference they had in Miami. On every ship the Activity Manager stepped up. Any one cruising now will be able to see Marvin AM and Steve Davis CD together and they are both so energetic and a great team together! The captain is also awesome with a great singing voice!

We just got off this ship and also had a great time. Review coming soon! We had a great cruise in the royal family suite.

Looking forward to your review. Saw your pics of 8520 in another thread. I am particularly interested in hearing whether you had any issues with noise from the deck above.

What rock band?

Thanks for answering our questions! We will be on Vision in 26th of April. I am courious, did you tried the gym? Are all the machines still in good shape? Did you try Izumi?

Also just off vision.

So surprised about Marvin! Would have said he'd been in that role a while as he was fantastic.

Incase op didn't use gym or Izumi...

Gym is ok and all in working order although small, instructor is average. Couldn't really get into her classes so much. I only did the free abs and total body conditioning classes and found it difficult to understand her as she described the exercises rather than do them with us.

Izumi is fantastic. Amazing staff and great location in the Viking crown. There is a sushi class at 11am on final sea day for $25 each including lunch which we really enjoyed. We had three evening meals there and this lunch.

We will be on the Vision again on April 11th. Do you know if the captain is staying on for the Transatlantic crossing? Thanks. Love The Vision!

Captain Lis takes over again on March 21 to start her rotation..

Thanks for answering our questions! We will be on Vision in 26th of April. I am courious, did you tried the gym? Are all the machines still in good shape? Did you try Izumi?

I used the gym a few times and yes the machines are all in good shape. The gym is very small though only about 6 treadmills and 4 ellipticals with weight machines, so i would recommend going later in the day when it isn't so busy. I didn't try Izumi, but I talked to one couple that said they enjoyed it very much.

We ( 24 year old daughter and me) will be on the Vision in 3 weeks... do you know if they had much in the line of singles activities for her?

They had a few singles events, but as long as she is outgoing and doesn't mind talking to people she will be able to meet plenty of people. Our group was younger so we spent most nights up at the Viking Crown Lounge and were able to meet a lot of different people. On a ship this size you will run into the same people over and over and I think it allows you to actually get to know people. I think your daughter will be just fine.

We just got off the ship yesterday, too!:( We had a great time, I too, was amazed at how Captain Marek seemed to be everywhere. We did a bridge tour on the last day and was surprised to see it being led by the Captain. I think that's the first tour we've ever done in which the Captain did the tour.

The gym is teeny-tiny, probably the smallest one I've ever used on a ship. However, the equipment all seemed to be working well!

Be sure to go to the Parade of Flags in the Centrum on the last night. It was a lot of fun! I also enjoyed the acappella group Vox Audio in the theater on Thursday evening.

Sherri:)

• 1 month later...