Ultimate Beverage Pkg and Gelato on Regal

avd79

Hi everyone,

We will be on the Regal in two weeks time and plan to purchase the Ultimate Beverage Pkg (Alcohol). Can you get gelato from the gelato shop for free using that card like you can using the coffee card (using one punch of coarse)? I remember reading mixed experiences and was wondering what recent experiences people had on the Regal.

Hi everyone,

We will be on the Regal in two weeks time and plan to purchase the Ultimate Beverage Pkg (Alcohol). Can you get gelato from the gelato shop for free using that card like you can using the coffee card (using one punch of coarse)? I remember reading mixed experiences and was wondering what recent experiences people had on the Regal.

I've never read about being able to get gelato with any drink package but only with a coffee card punch on the Regal & Royal.

Based on this statement on the Princess website you will not be able to get gelato with your drink package.

"Take advantage of our All-Inclusive Beverage Package which includes any individual beverage item, such as soda, water, cocktails, spirits, wines, beers, coffee and tea, up to $10 (retail value). Bottles of wine are NOT included in the package; however, when purchased in the bars, dining rooms, or in the stateroom, will be available at a 40% discount from the menu price. Applicable to all bottles below $100 retail. Note: This package is available for consumption at all bars, public areas and dining venues (not room service and excludes mini bar items). Price includes service charge".

http://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-gifts-celebrations/gifts-and-services/

Edited by Astro Flyer

As far as I know, its not officially included, not a beverage. That said, the Gelato vendors have not been scrupulous in adherence to the rules (they can just ring it up as a coffee punch if they need to track).

Side note- rumors of an IT upgrade where all beverage plans will be loaded on to room keys for swiping. Not coming anytime soon and possibly combined with RFID keys.

As far as I know, its not officially included, not a beverage. That said, the Gelato vendors have not been scrupulous in adherence to the rules (they can just ring it up as a coffee punch if they need to track).

I wonder if allowing gelato is to make up for Swirls not having shakes available on the Royal & Regal?

Interesting theory. My husband's theory is: technically, the gelato is a liquid before it is frozen

It was included with the package when we cruised on the Regal back in November.

Thanks...guess that adds more credence to my theory but I also like your husband's theory. ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer

Hi everyone,

We sail on Regal March 15th. Just booked the AI beverage package for DH and I. The Princess Rep said it included all beverages (alcoholic and non) up to $10, bottled and sparkling water, specialty coffees and hot chocolate, and gelato (he mentioned gelato specifically). Also includes drinks on Princess Cay which will be nice when lounging on the beach!

Assuming he is right, we should be all set :)

We sail on Regal March 15th. Just booked the AI beverage package for DH and I. The Princess Rep said it included all beverages (alcoholic and non) up to $10, bottled and sparkling water, specialty coffees and hot chocolate, and gelato (he mentioned gelato specifically). Also includes drinks on Princess Cay which will be nice when lounging on the beach!

Have the Princess Rep send you an e-mail about the gelato being included.

There is often a disconnect between what the reps say and what happens on the ship.

I don't know, but for $1.50, you get an enormous amount of gelato, its not a bad deal.

Not $1.50 on the Royal and Regal, $2.75.

Not an enormous amount on the Royal. Compare to the size of the spoon below.

891231070123114Gelatorestaurant-strawberrybutterpecancookiesampcreamDSC04190_zpse1199f82.jpg

Edited by caribill

I was on the Crown in Dec and was told gelato was included. I got gelato one time and was charged. I had guest service remove the charge because 1) I was told it was included and 2) the website stated that it was. I think it depends on the ship and person. The website no longer says gelato is covered by the beverage package. I will soon find out on 3/21.

It was included with the package when we cruised on the Regal back in November.

Ditto.

Yup, we even read somewhere what all was included in the AI Pkg, and it listed all of the above. I'll see if I can find it in writing somewhere. Can't recall whether it was on Princess.com or on the ship when we paid for the package.

But, gelato was definitely included.

As for the size of the scoops, to me, Gelato is so much richer than standard ice cream, I personally wouldn't want anything larger. I've always been quite satisfied with the scoop sizes ... and there are plenty of extra toppings to be added, as well, if you choose. ;)

Edited by 5:00_Somewhere

Ditto.

Yup, we even read somewhere what all was included in the AI Pkg, and it listed all of the above. I'll see if I can find it in writing somewhere. Can't recall whether it was on Princess.com or on the ship when we paid for the package.

But, gelato was definitely included.

As for the size of the scoops, to me, Gelato is so much richer than standard ice cream, I personally wouldn't want anything larger. I've always been quite satisfied with the scoop sizes ... and there are plenty of extra toppings to be added, as well, if you choose. ;)

It isn't in the AI package's description on their online gifts brochure so probably on the info you received on the ship.

All-Inclusive Bar Package:

Take advantage of our All-Inclusive Beverage Package which includes any individual beverage item, such as soda, water, cocktails, spirits, wines, beers, coffee and tea, up to $10 (retail value). Price includes service charge

Item # 0525 - $56.35 per person/per day^

Edited by Astro Flyer

It isn't in the AI package's description on their online gifts brochure so probably on the info you received on the ship.

All-Inclusive Bar Package:

Take advantage of our All-Inclusive Beverage Package which includes any individual beverage item, such as soda, water, cocktails, spirits, wines, beers, coffee and tea, up to $10 (retail value). Price includes service charge

Item # 0525 - $56.35 per person/per day^

I suspect you're correct, and I suspect the reason is that not all ships offer gelato, so they probably try to make the on-line description as generic as possible.

I suspect you're correct, and I suspect the reason is that not all ships offer gelato, so they probably try to make the on-line description as generic as possible.

That makes sense to me although on the ships offering gelato they need to educate staff that it is part of the package to eliminate inconsistency.

• 4 weeks later...