Latitudes Enrolment for Children

ChristinaN

Nobody has to "enroll" for latitudes. After completion of your first cruise you will get a number and be automatically registered.

When the kids turn 18 they will get all points accrued up to that point and be at whatever level,the points leave them at

Edited by pieshops

Thank you. The reason I was asking was that I did print out my documents and it shows a membership number but says not enrolled.

The membership number is assigned at booking but official enrollment comes at the end of the cruise. As stated once they turn 18 they will have their own account with all of the cruise they've taken on NCL to that point credited (and it's a good thing to check to make sure they receive the proper credit).

The membership number is assigned at booking but official enrollment comes at the end of the cruise. As stated once they turn 18 they will have their own account with all of the cruise they've taken on NCL to that point credited (and it's a good thing to check to make sure they receive the proper credit).

This will be their second cruise on NCL, I just wanted to make sure that they are getting the points they earn.

Edited by ChristinaN

• 3 weeks later...
Nobody has to "enroll" for latitudes. After completion of your first cruise you will get a number and be automatically registered.

When the kids turn 18 they will get all points accrued up to that point and be at whatever level,the points leave them at

I called my TA today because the latitude number assigned to my kids for our upcoming cruise was different than the last cruise. The TA got NCL on the phone and the rep said it didn't matter - that minors cannot accrue points in the program and that they will have zero points when they turn 18.

I didn't think this sounded right so tried to research on NCL's website and found in the FAQ where it says you must be 18 to enroll in Latitudes. But nothing more definitive. Wondering if I just got a rep that was in a bad mood and didn't want to fix my reservation?

I called my TA today because the latitude number assigned to my kids for our upcoming cruise was different than the last cruise. The TA got NCL on the phone and the rep said it didn't matter - that minors cannot accrue points in the program and that they will have zero points when they turn 18.

I didn't think this sounded right so tried to research on NCL's website and found in the FAQ where it says you must be 18 to enroll in Latitudes. But nothing more definitive. Wondering if I just got a rep that was in a bad mood and didn't want to fix my reservation?

Just found an older thread which contained many examples of kids getting all their cruise credits when they turned 18. So I think I just talked to the wrong person at the wrong time.

I know you said you found a thread so don't need another example, but my 24 year old son cruised in January enjoying his platinum perks. Almost all of his points were "earned" prior to his turning 18. Of course earned is in quotes cause Momma and Pappa paid for most of those earned points. :D

I know you said you found a thread so don't need another example, but my 24 year old son cruised in January enjoying his platinum perks. Almost all of his points were "earned" prior to his turning 18. Of course earned is in quotes cause Momma and Pappa paid for most of those earned points. :D

Thanks for the info. I called back today and the rep was more than happy to confirm the kid's numbers. She didn't know about the points so offered to put me on hold to find out. . .I declined - figured what I read on CC was more reliable!

To be on the safe side, keep copies of the cruise ticket with the children's numbers and sail dates!! That way in case there is another Latitudes Upgrade (program change) and information is lost or not re-credited you have paper proof that they did in fact sail for so many days.

There seems to be a lot of people who lost cruises and have a hard time verifying now.