Freedom or Liberty?

I am trying to decide between Liberty April 2016 out of Galveston or Freedom out of Port Canaveral. Same ports except Freedom has 4 stops with the extra one being Labadee. It's myself and my husband traveling with no children were 40ish. Any opinions would be appreciated. Oh and flights about the same to both places.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am trying to decide between Liberty April 2016 out of Galveston or Freedom out of Port Canaveral. Same ports except Freedom has 4 stops with the extra one being Labadee. It's myself and my husband traveling with no children were 40ish. Any opinions would be appreciated. Oh and flights about the same to both places.

Port Canaveral is much more friendly to the fly-in cruiser.

Freedom is coming out of dry dock now and Liberty is coming out next Feb.

Such an easy choice...FOS out of Port Canaveral...enjoy !!!

Orlando airport is 45 miles from the port though, however there are shuttles that make it painless to get there.

True, but that's about the same distance as Hobby airport from the port of Galveston. Plus there are several rental car agencies that will do one-way rentals from Orlando to the Port Canaveral area, are also open on Sunday, and have free shuttles to the cruise terminal.

Freedom has gone through the big drydock and the mini touch up recently but by the time you go it might be after Liberty has been touchedup.

Florida you could make a day of it to go to Cape Canaveral if you have't been and its less than an hour to all the attractions orlando offers.

Freedom has gone through the big drydock and the mini touch up recently but by the time you go it might be after Liberty has been touchedup.

Florida you could make a day of it to go to Cape Canaveral if you have't been and its less than an hour to all the attractions orlando offers.

True [emoji1]

It's hard to know what cruise to pick. Just found the navigator out of Fort Lauderdale for $800 cheaper but one night shorter cruise, but still 3 ports. Decisions, decisions. What is Fort Lauderdale like to spend a couple nights pre cruise? Much to do? Also seems cheaper to book with bogo with $200 OBC than crown & anchor rate.

Port Canaveral is much more friendly to the fly-in cruiser.

Yes, absolutely true. I lived in Houston for some time which is why we did a lot of cruises out of Galveston. A lot of people coming in from out of town complained about getting to Galveston from Hobby and Bush airports. Plus, Labadee is really nice in our opinion.

What is Fort Lauderdale like to spend a couple nights pre cruise? Much to do?

The highlights for us in Fort Lauderdale are the water taxi (http://watertaxi.com/), Las Olas Blvd., and South Port Raw Bar (http://www.southportrawbar.com/). We love American Social Bar (http://americansocialbar.com/) on East Las Olas and their Sunday brunch. The latter requires a reservation a week in advance.

Edited by Big_G

The highlights for us in Fort Lauderdale are the water taxi (http://watertaxi.com/), Las Olas Blvd., and South Port Raw Bar (http://www.southportrawbar.com/). We love American Social Bar (http://americansocialbar.com/) on East Las Olas and their Sunday brunch.

Awesome thanks [emoji4] know any good pre cruise hotels I think we're going to fly in a couple days early.

Awesome thanks [emoji4] know any good pre cruise hotels I think we're going to fly in a couple days early.

Last stay was at Hyatt Regency Pier 66 but we usually stay at Lago Mar which is a little more pricey. Hyatt Regency was nice but Lago Mar is ocean front with a view of the ships leaving. It's only a short walk to the breachway along the beach.

Last stay was at Hyatt Regency Pier 66 but we usually stay at Lago Mar which is a little more pricey. Hyatt Regency was nice but Lago Mar is ocean front with a view of the ships leaving. It's only a short walk to the breachway along the beach.

I will check into them thanks :)

We've been on both and I have to say the ships are equally nice and have similar amenities, but the crew on Freedom is the best. We feel it's the crew and staff that truly make the ship!!!! They seem to bend over backwards to make your stay memorable.:)

• 1 month later...

We always go a day or two ahead of cruise departure since we are flying so far. We have stayed in a few places in Fort Lauderdale, but have used the Embassy Suites the last 3 or 4 times. Not overly fancy but close to the port, has shopping nearby, close walk to the water taxi, and across the street from Duffy's where we go for a few drinks and appetizers. They have a shuttle service to the port which is fairly cheap. You might want to check it out too