PEARL Pics! Just back - Freestyle Dailies Included

eroller

Thank you for the pictures. Hard to believe on February 1st when I left the Pearl that the atrium looked completely different (no chairs, huge stage setup in front of the 2 floor LED wall) and the pool deck didn't have a huge stage spanning two decks and the pool covered from your angle looking aft.

Ah the memories... nice to see the ship can return to normal. I didn't see any glistening anywhere from the amount of glitter that was left behind either! :DNice review. :)

Thank you for the pictures. Hard to believe on February 1st when I left the Pearl that the atrium looked completely different (no chairs, huge stage setup in front of the 2 floor LED wall) and the pool deck didn't have a huge stage spanning two decks and the pool covered from your angle looking aft.

Ah the memories... nice to see the ship can return to normal. I didn't see any glistening anywhere from the amount of glitter that was left behind either! :DNice review. :)

Interesting. Which music charter were you on?

Just back today from a 4-day getaway on the NORWEGIAN PEARL. Ports were Key West, Great Stirrup Cay, and Nassau. Weather was great and so was the cruise! The PEARL is looking good, showing a little wear and tear but nothing too serious. We dined in Indigo, Summer Palace, La Cucina, and Le Bistro for dinner. Garden Cafe and Moderno for lunch. I enjoyed them all, probably La Cucina the most but I'm a sucker for Italian. Le Bistro had exceptionally slow service and it was absolutely freezing and I'm usually never cold. It sort of ruined the meal, especially for my mom. Service overall was really good including all the bars. No complaints. A nice group of fellow passengers, fairly low key with few kids. Not the usual weekend party crowd you find on the SKY and a totally different atmosphere thank goodness.

My mom and I each had our own inside cabins which was nice. The cabins were in good condition, comfy beds, and I really like the bathrooms with the large shower. We were also both put on the VIP list so we received some nice amenities like treats in the cabin every day (cheese & crackers; chocolate covered strawberries; chocolates), bottles of champagne, breakfast and lunch in Moderno which is reserved for suite passengers, priority embarkation and disembarkation, a VIP party, and priority tender service. The special treatment made for an extra nice cruise but even without it the cruise met or exceeded all expectations.

One thing lacking were the shows at night. There were no production shows with the singers and dancers. I'm not sure if the usual dance team is taken off the PEARL because she does a lot of music charters this time of year? In fact last night they were covering the pool and turning the entire deck area into a stage for the Kid Rock cruise that left today. One other thing is that the rock climbing wall is closed. It's sort of a construction zone as I believe they are installing "scrubbers" inside the funnel to meet new emission requirements in places like Alaska.

If you have any questions let me know. All the pics are labeled if you pass your cursor over them, and I tried to capture as much of the ship as possible. Just click the picture link below. Enjoy!

Ernie

Pictures Link:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/eroller/sets/72157651048266595/

Some preview pics from my gallery:

16463123879_7c318b6fe5_b.jpg

16463076189_c518d779bb_b.jpg

16441937507_676fd1c643_b.jpg

16029256923_e42eb55235_b.jpg

16463025589_ed59104d51_b.jpg

Thanks so much: I am guessing the entertainment of lack of same, probably had to do with the shorter cruise.

We will be on the Pearl for our 3rd time in just over 5 weeks. We booked almost a year ago, so I am getting pretty excited.

We too usually get VIP treatment, so hope this carries over this time. It is fun, isn't it?

I love you included the freestyle dailies. I am anxious to check them out.

I was on the same cruise, How did you like the Embarkation? It was a disaster!

I knew ahead of time it was going to be a full house at PortMiami and that PEARL would be docked at the temporary tent, so I planned accordingly. I got dropped off at the terminal (the tent!) instead of driving myself, and didn't arrive until around 2:30pm. Most of the chaos had dissipated by then. There was a little wait to check-in but not bad. We walked on the ship, went to our cabins, and it was basically time for the muster drill.

Thanks for posting the photos of the Pearl. Was looking at this ship tonight for a quick 5 day cruise in May from LA to Vancouver. Seeing how beautiful the ship is has made my mind up...I have to sail on her! Did my first NCL cruise on the Getaway in July, going back in September. Love NCL! Thanks again.:)

I'm glad you like them! Enjoy.

We love trivia and were wondering if you knew the times of day the trivia is done? Also do you know who the piano bar player is and also who the concierge for VIP's is? We had read on previous sailings the assistant CD named Joey did the trivia games and he was not very good and acted like he could care less about the game and could not wait for it to be over. Hoping he no longer is in charge of this game.

Marsha:)

Your pics are amazing. Thank you so much for taking the time to post. We are going on the Pearl in May 2015 for a family 50th Anniversary cruise to Alaska and I have been very worried about the condition of this ship. You have put my mind at ease. Again, Thank you!

Thanks for posting the photos of the Pearl. Was looking at this ship tonight for a quick 5 day cruise in May from LA to Vancouver. Seeing how beautiful the ship is has made my mind up...I have to sail on her! Did my first NCL cruise on the Getaway in July, going back in September. Love NCL! Thanks again.:)

You're welcome! Glad you enjoyed the pics!

We love trivia and were wondering if you knew the times of day the trivia is done? Also do you know who the piano bar player is and also who the concierge for VIP's is? We had read on previous sailings the assistant CD named Joey did the trivia games and he was not very good and acted like he could care less about the game and could not wait for it to be over. Hoping he no longer is in charge of this game.

Marsha:)

Hi Marsha,

Although I did not participate in trivia I did include all the Freestyle Dailies with my pics so you can see all the times there.

The Concierge was Elvina de Meneses. Very nice and excellent at her job.

Hope this helps.

Your pics are amazing. Thank you so much for taking the time to post. We are going on the Pearl in May 2015 for a family 50th Anniversary cruise to Alaska and I have been very worried about the condition of this ship. You have put my mind at ease. Again, Thank you!

You're welcome! I think you will be pleased overall. Some wear and tear but nothing too serious. Overall the ship looks great. Enjoy the PEARL and Alaska!

Thanks for the review and pics! Glad you had a wonderful time.

We are new to NCL, scheduled to sail in December. Its great to see what the ships have to offer.

I just watched that CNBC special that took place on the Pearl a couple weeks ago. Its neat to see it now in pics.