**LIVE Freedom of the Seas March 1**

I am tech challenged and had a hard time getting online so this will be short. It's 11:30 and it's been a long day.

We left the hotel at 10am, returned car and waited for their shuttle. I think we were in the third or fourth shuttle and we were on and done with lunch by noon.

It was pretty humid after a day of rain, but it was -5 at home in Wisconsin so I'm getting my

We watched the sail away party which we hadn't done before, having the drink package was nice as while I was watching my DH was keeping the beer cart busy. I think he got both of our money's worth today.

The ship is rocking pretty good. We are on the 6th floor aft and don't really feel any shimmies, did a little in the dining room. Not sure if there issue has been fixed.

The staff has been the most friendly and helpful that I've seen on a ship. Big difference than our last couple. We have MTD and did not have reservations and waited maybe 10 minutes. The line was a lot longer when we got to the front. They were saving big tables for big groups and would pull them out of the line behind us when they had one open. I do not plan on making reservations at all during the week so I will update if there are any issues. Reservations kind of defeat the purpose of MTD IMHO.

The welcome show was really good, we liked the comedian and the aerial act. Didn't like sitting through the RC commercial first.

The ship is beautiful and we have a lot to explore tomorrow.

We are on Western itinerary.

More tomorrow my bed is calling.

I am tech challenged and had a hard time getting online so this will be short. It's 11:30 and it's been a long day.

We left the hotel at 10am, returned car and waited for their shuttle. I think we were in the third or fourth shuttle and we were on and done with lunch by noon.

It was pretty humid after a day of rain, but it was -5 at home in Wisconsin so I'm getting my money's worth.

We watched the sail away party which we hadn't done before, having the drink package was nice as while I was watching my DH was keeping the beer cart busy. I think he got both of our money's worth today.

The ship is rocking pretty good. We are on the 6th floor aft and don't really feel any shimmies, did a little in the dining room. Not sure if there issue has been fixed.

The staff has been the most friendly and helpful that I've seen on a ship. Big difference than our last couple. We have MTD and did not have reservations and waited maybe 10 minutes. The line was a lot longer when we got to the front. They were saving big tables for big groups and would pull them out of the line behind us when they had one open. I do not plan on making reservations at all during the week so I will update if there are any issues. Reservations kind of defeat the purpose of MTD IMHO.

The welcome show was really good, we liked the comedian and the aerial act. Didn't like sitting through the RC commercial first.

You must have a had a great time last night. You already posted this update before bed. :D

Badgertr, we're on Freedom April 5, so I'll be reading your review. We're also staying 6th aft, could you tell me about where you are and how you like the room?

This will be our 3rd cruise, but first on RC, so any info is helpful!

I hope you've stopped rockin and Rollin and that you'll be able to dock in Labadee tomorrow!

Save some of those escargot for us next week!

Have they said anything about having fixed the fixapods last week?

I nosed around looking for something different this time and saw they now have drink packages, right up my alley. Not that we are big drinkers, but it's something I don't want to think about, whether we get our money's worth or not. And DH is happy about trying to ;).

I like that attitude, I am not fond of "Is it worth it?" type of questions.

At breakfast this morning they said that there is a 70% chance there will be a shuttle launch at 10:30 tonight. Missed it by a day. May try to remember to be out on deck then to see, not sure how far away it is visible..

It would have to be a rocket launch, If I wasn't doing anything more than just tease you, I would go to NASA's site and see what it was. I'll be it would have been visible. My friend in Tampa tells me when he sees them.

Thanks for doing this, in whatever capacity you do it, I'm anxiously passing the days to my turn.

Just so happens that I was in the Cape Canaveral area yesterday and brought the camera gear along and made it out to Jetty Park to see the Freedom of the Seas departure.

FOS_PC_030115.jpg

A fair amount of salt/humidity in the air, but considering what the recent days had brought, it was nice departure weather.

fos_dep_pc.jpg

Another view of the modifications

fos_dep_pc2.jpg

Anybody you know?

fos_dep_pc4.jpg

fos_dep_pc3.jpg

I took numerous photos along Decks 7 through 10 STBD side. Will provide a link to the website once I have them uploaded.

Edited by GEARADRIFT

Just so happens that I was in the Cape Canaveral area yesterday and brought the camera gear along and made it out to Jetty Park to see the Freedom of the Seas departure.

I took numerous photos along Decks 7 through 10 STBD side. Will provide a link to the website once I have them uploaded.

Nice, that will hold me over as my wall paper for March and April.

Nice, that will hold me over as my wall paper for March and April.

Bill, I do not know why I thought you were on the 19 April cruise. But, now I seem to recall you mentioning that we need to disembark 'quickly.' :)

I have several more shots that I will upload that has the sun shining on her as she departs the jetty and makes the turn. See if I can provide you enough for screen savers.

Internet is pretty slow, pics aren't loading will look at them when we are home. I waved at you too gearadrift. Unlimited 2 device was $140/1 device $105. They don't apply the C&a discount when you signup, if I would have known that I would have been online earlier. You have to go down and get the discount applied.

Internet is pretty slow, pics aren't loading will look at them when we are home. I waved at you too gearadrift. Unlimited 2 device was $140/1 device $105. They don't apply the C&a discount when you signup, if I would have known that I would have been online earlier. You have to go down and get the discount applied.

So excited to read on your trip! We are first time cruisers and will be getting on when you are getting off :)

I am wanting to get Unlimited internet for one device and I was quoted $190. Just wondering what C&A discount means and if there is a way I will be able to get it for $105. Would love extra spending money that way!!

Thanks!

The band at the main pool was pretty good we stopped to listen a while. We swam in the solarium. Getting ready for the ice show at 4. The seas seem to be laying down but still rollers so w are rocking.

Drink of the day is Blue Monday, I thought the only blue Monday's were when you were working.

Good morning. We rock n rolled all night. I felt like I was in a ballroom dance class, forward- right left, back- left right. The waves are at an angle off the front port side. It's warm, but breezy

.[ATTACH]341937[/ATTACH]

My current view.

First formal night tonight. Meet the officers in the promenade this afternoon.