**LIVE Freedom of the Seas March 1**

Hello, I am sailing on Freedom sept 20 and can not find out any of the shows that will be on the ship. Last year on Allure I was able to book all the shows in advance. Is this not possible on freedom. Thank you

On Freedom, the only show you can book in advance is the ice show. All others are first come, first served.

Bill, I do not know why I thought you were on the 19 April cruise. But, now I seem to recall you mentioning that we need to disembark 'quickly.' :)

I have several more shots that I will upload that has the sun shining on her as she departs the jetty and makes the turn. See if I can provide you enough for screen savers.

I frequently poke my nose into other roll calls, so that probably gave you that idea. ;)

Hello, I am sailing on Freedom sept 20 and can not find out any of the shows that will be on the ship. Last year on Allure I was able to book all the shows in advance. Is this not possible on freedom. Thank you

You only have to reserve the ice show to be sure to get in, I couldn't until we were within a couple months. The other shows are first come first served. We got there 15-30 mins and alway had plenty of seating.

Last night was a production show, Broadway hits. Very good. Captain provided champaign and introduced officers. He blamed the rocking on the 44 honeymoon couples on board LOL.

Tonight is a magician.

We just returned from Labadee. Very nice day. We chose Columbus Cove and took the ferry over, we got there ahead of a lot of people. Weird that it is only used one way. There were only a few people waiting for the trolley to pick up so we waited for it. By the time it came there were quite a few, It was a free for all with us out. We walked up the hill and there was a double one to take you back to the ship.

Thanks for the Internet info Karin!

Did y'all have a M&M party? Was it listed on CC ahead of time or did you just get an invite in your cabin?

Thanks,

Cheryl

I didn't join the roll call, I did that once but we are pretty independent. In that I don't want to get involved in anything I have to be at as in a schedule. That is why I am enjoying MTD as I don't like having to schedule anything ahead of time. So far it is working out great. Went right in last night on formal night around 6:30-7.

The ship is still rocking and shimmying a little. The seas don't seem as high as this movement is. We were on the Voyager twice and never felt anything like this. It's not terrible but you bump things going down a hall.

Do we know what the shows will be for upcoming cruises? (April 5 here)

I've been mentioning as I went. First night was welcome show with a comedian, last night a production show (Broadway) and late night adult comedy show, tonight is magic. As I haven't been on this ship before I don't know them yet.

so now I see the photos. We are booked deck 10. 1248/1252. Im wondering when we look out balcony will the captains room be blocking our forward view?

I also saw some rooms in your photo on the ends. Looks like the views would be amazing

I've been mentioning as I went. First night was welcome show with a comedian, last night a production show (Broadway) and late night adult comedy show, tonight is magic. As I haven't been on this ship before I don't know them yet.

Thanks! I'm following along.

Did you say your room is 6 aft? We'll be in 6390 in April. Wondering how it is back there.

We are behind the elevators, 6354, they call it midship it seems like we are in the back. It's nice, just one flight of stairs to promenade which is what we was to traverse the ship. Some shimmy back here. So far we were on the land side of port canaveral and Labadee. Ships daylight saving time is tomorrow night, weird, don't know how it will affect out tour in grand cayman. ImageUploadedByForums1425430418.162075.jpg.c5645f2d58a8b442cfa3203c32e161a2.jpg

On labadee

Edited by Badgertr

Drew Thomas was very good tonight, don't miss his show. Drink of the day, Paradise Punch and we threw in a couple of Labadoozes. Staying out of the sun tomorrow too much today. Love and marriage game show tomorrow night, always a good time.

so now I see the photos. We are booked deck 10. 1248/1252. Im wondering when we look out balcony will the captains room be blocking our forward view?

I also saw some rooms in your photo on the ends. Looks like the views would be amazing

Here's a better pic. The life boats are at 5 first floor above is 6 looks like 10 is even with bridge.

ImageUploadedByForums1425440693.908731.jpg.dda9fbc2273bf2bc4a28e6203196bfa2.jpg

I'm on this cruise (family is sleeping away around me while I type this). The Meet and Mingle was announced by a large card in our room when we boarded with a label announcing the time on the front. Ours was Monday at 10 I think. They gave away about 10 prizes and had some snacks and drinks out. Everyone also got the standard (so I'm told) notepad and pen/name badge thing. :)

Oh, I think my eyes were still fuzzy at 10 LOL. It's been a long winter and long weekend of traveling, there were no alarms set on Monday for us.

We're in Jamaica and it was raining earlier. We swam in the solarium, did a lap around the town and may go back on deck shortly here. Pretty windy today and the ship is banging into the dock with huge splashes of water getting sucked up. The navigator is here also, arrived just before us. We backed in and the starboard side is to the town.

We are behind the elevators, 6354, they call it midship it seems like we are in the back. It's nice, just one flight of stairs to promenade which is what we was to traverse the ship. Some shimmy back here. So far we were on the land side of port canaveral and Labadee. Ships daylight saving time is tomorrow night, weird, don't know how it will affect out tour in grand cayman. [ATTACH]342119[/ATTACH]

On labadee

I have a picture of your neighbors on their balcony (6352) as the Freedom was pulling out of PC Sunday. But, nobody home on your balcony. :)

I do not see how your view would be impeded at all by the bridge. You are far enough back that the 'obstruction' angle will be nil.

The ship is still rocking and shimmying a little. The seas don't seem as high as this movement is. We were on the Voyager twice and never felt anything like this. It's not terrible but you bump things going down a hall.

Would be interested to know if the rocking and roughness is from it being just this time of year (ex. the sea is always a little rough in February/March) or if it's a result of the propulsion / fixipod not being fixed? Robyn was on the Freedom last week and said the same thing about rocking and indicated lots of people were getting sick.

We are scheduled to be on Freedom for 2 weeks in August and I'm extremely sensitive to motion sickness. I've sailed on her before with no problem. I have no desire to spend two weeks on her this summer being sick.

Would be interested to know if the rocking and roughness is from it being just this time of year (ex. the sea is always a little rough in February/March) or if it's a result of the propulsion / fixipod not being fixed? Robyn was on the Freedom last week and said the same thing about rocking and indicated lots of people were getting sick.

We are scheduled to be on Freedom for 2 weeks in August and I'm extremely sensitive to motion sickness. I've sailed on her before with no problem. I have no desire to spend two weeks on her this summer being sick.

Nothing more than Mother Nature. It is that time of the year. Some parts of the ocean are always a little disruptive. Just more so during certain times of the year. Regarding motion sickness, does the Transderm Scop (patch) not work for you?

Nothing more than Mother Nature. It is that time of the year. Some parts of the ocean are always a little disruptive. Just more so during certain times of the year. Regarding motion sickness, does the Transderm Scop (patch) not work for you?

Good to know it's just the time of year!!! I've never tried the patch before. I usually just use over the counter meds or get some from the pursers' desk. I'm fine on the bigger ships -- Freedom and Mariner -- never have to take any meds. Have them on hand, but don't have to use them. But the little ships Sovereign and Fantasy... oh my goodness... sick as a dog the first evening on both. Took some meds and was fine the next day. But I couldn't stop taking them or I would be sick again. When I sailed Valor this past November, knowing she was on the smaller side, I just went ahead and took over the counter meds everyday and was fine. I will tell you... the Valor sailing in November was the smoothest sailing I have ever been on. Don't know if it was more of the ship or just super calm seas.

I have a picture of your neighbors on their balcony (6352) as the Freedom was pulling out of PC Sunday. But, nobody home on your balcony. :)

We were on deck with the bagpipers. We started on the other side I like to watch the other ships go by, then we switched when we left.