Ultimate Beverage Package

pinkiek

Does anyone know if there is a limit on the number of drinks per day per person?

There are countless post on this topic. Its best to search around before reposting a well covered topic. There is NO limit on the number of drinks. There is no time limit between drinks. They CAN cut you off if you are way to drunk as a standard bar can do.

6&8

Sorry to hijack the thread...but can you order more than one drink at a time? Like if you want to order a shot of liquor and a soda as well?

That should be ok. You have to order 1 at a time, but they can hand you the shot and you down it and order again with no wait. If you want a chaser for a shot they will be happy to do that for you. You cant however order 2 Rum and cokes at the same time.

6&8

Edited by sixesandeights

If both my mother and I have UBP, could I take her card with me alone and order 2 beverages, or does she have to accompany me each time I go to the bar???

With UBP, we were able to do that at ALL bars on the Getaway last May, we were not able to do that at ANY of the bars on Epic in November. So I guess it depends.

Edited by LrgPizza

If both my mother and I have UBP, could I take her card with me alone and order 2 beverages, or does she have to accompany me each time I go to the bar???
Should be no problem, especially a few days into the cruise when all the bar staff know both of you very very well… :D

Seriously, in my experience on different ships, most bar servers will let you order two drinks with two cards, and if you tell them you're in the same cabin, they will put both drinks on your ticket so you only have to sign once for both. Technically, they have to do it this way, because you can't sign for someone else, but they don't seem too strict about this when the UBP is involved.

Only one time did a bartender look me up and down suspiciously and ask me where the other person was. (The other person was sitting 10 feet away :cool:)

Edited by hawkeyetlse

She would need to be with you! The card that you show, must be for yourself!

Sorry, but this just isn't true in practice... no matter how big and red your font is. (Why do people do this??)

As others have indicated, in practice, bartenders aren't so strict, particularly when they get to know you... tipping a little extra also goes a long way.

After having purchased UBP about 6 times in recent years..

One drink at a time, they usually limit to about 15mins if you start rapidly drinking.

Initially you have to present both ppl and cards but Everytime by a few days in they were taking one card as they knew the regulars.

It's called the unlimited beverage package so I would think the # of drinks will be set by your liver / stomach / tolerance.

While I suspect they will give you a shot & a non alcoholic drink, the 1 drink per person rule is designed so you aren't giving "free" drinks to people who don't have the package.

I further believe that if you frequent a particular bar, & the bartender knows you & your cabin mate you can probably order the two say if the other person was in the bathroom or something. If you are dealing with an older person & the bartender can see you at the bar & your mom sitting down, they aren't going to make an issue of you kindly serving your mom. Now if they saw you hand mom's drink to some one who doesn't have the UBP that would be a problem.

It's called the unlimited beverage package so I would think the # of drinks will be set by your liver / stomach / tolerance.

Actually, it's NOT the Unlimited Beverage Package, it's the Ultimate Beverage Package.

Getting to know your servers, and perhaps sliding a few dollars their way, goes a long way to having them help you out in getting drinks at a rate better than one at a time. Be good to your server and he/she will be good to you.

Actually, it's NOT the Unlimited Beverage Package, it's the Ultimate Beverage Package.

Getting to know your servers, and perhaps sliding a few dollars their way, goes a long way to having them help you out in getting drinks at a rate better than one at a time. Be good to your server and he/she will be good to you.

This :D

My doctor advises me that two drinks a day is the best practice. However, on a cruise, I just use discretion.

We have the UBP on our Alaskan cruise next year. Has anyone encountered problems with ordering drinks? Have the UBPs resulted in longer waits for service?

My doctor advises me that two drinks a day is the best practice. However, on a cruise, I just use discretion.

We have the UBP on our Alaskan cruise next year. Has anyone encountered problems with ordering drinks? Have the UBPs resulted in longer waits for service?

If anything I've had better service. Especially at busy times as the bar staff tab my drinks and know I'm not going to quibble at the end of the night or not sign the chitty..

Off the Epic a couple weeks ago and never had an issue with any bar (and we weren't regulars at any specific one) giving me two drinks if I had DH's card or vice versa. Also at shows, particularly when one was starting soon, they had no issues giving us each two drinks at once (just had to sign two slips separately). For whatever reason, in the specialty restaurants we didn't have to do that. We'd usually each have 3-4 glasses of wine during dinner and they were able to put them all on one receipt (per person).

What if there are 3 adults in one room? With the promo, only the first two get the alcohol package. Would the third person be able to take one of the others card and get a drink from the bar, or does it show your photo when they scan it?

What if there are 3 adults in one room? With the promo, only the first two get the alcohol package. Would the third person be able to take one of the others card and get a drink from the bar, or does it show your photo when they scan it?

Really? :rolleyes:

No photo comes up, but the bar staff do actually look at the card, and a lot of them make a point of saying "here you go, Mister… Charles", and they will eventually catch on to you if Charles is a different person each time.

Aside from that, well, ask your mother the question and see what she says.

Edited by hawkeyetlse

New to NCL on this next cruise. Still wondering if we should get the UBP. We definitely have gotten our money's worth on previous cruises doing this. What is the limit of drinks on NCL?

New to NCL on this next cruise. Still wondering if we should get the UBP. We definitely have gotten our money's worth on previous cruises doing this. What is the limit of drinks on NCL?

$11 per drink, anything over that and you need to pay for the whole drink. But you will need to look hard to find a drink that does go over the limit - there are some white wines by the glass and some super premium liquors but that's about it.

Terms are here: http://www.ncl.com/promo/ultimate-beverage-package/terms

P.S. You should also check the current prices of your cruise, you are still plenty far away from final payment so you could get UBP for free with the current promotion if you cancel and rebook.

Edited by Demonyte

I don't believe there's a limit on the number of drinks per day (if that's what you mean) but I think you have to order one drink at a time. Haven't tried it before but we will have the UBP on our cruise on the Jade in Jan. 2016. Saw lots of people using it on our cruise on the Jewel in January.

We're not big drinkers but it's such a value compared to the other perks we couldn't resist.

Edited by hawk1972