Giovanni's Table - Navigator

I was looking at something that mentions 'pay one cover charge and order anything you would like off the menu' or something to that. So in the MDR you can have 2 appetizers or 2 entrées, exc. How does it work with Giovannis?

Thanks in advance for replies.

We loved Giovanni's on the Oasis. We couldn't decide which appetizer we wanted so our server brought a small serving of the 4 we wanted to try. We each ordered a different entree and they split them, so we could both try them. The service was spot on and dessert was so delicious. Wonderful experience.

I don't feel like starting a yet another thread about Giovanni's Table so I'll ask my question here. How long does a typical meal take there? I'm on Oasis starting Saturday and was thinking of having dinner at Giovanni's the first night. I have show reservations at 8:30pm (RCCL kindly changed it from 9pm a couple of weeks ago). Will I be able to have dinner at Giovanni's Table at 6pm without feeling rushed? I guess we could try to eat at 5:30pm if necessary, or just eat there another night. I saw in an older thread someone talking about a 2.5-3 hour meal there.

Sorry for going off-topic :-).

Edited by MisterBill99

We purposely went on a night when nothing was planned because we heard it could be a long supper. It seems to me it did take a little over 2 hours. You might want to take an earlier reservation to be safe or try for another night.

We were in and out in 1 hour on Navigator in January. If your look at the menu online or on your television in your cabin you can determine what you will order. That takes some time off. We ordered drinks and dishes at the beginning and service was fantastic.

We were in and out in 1 hour on Navigator in January. If your look at the menu online or on your television in your cabin you can determine what you will order. That takes some time off. We ordered drinks and dishes at the beginning and service was fantastic.

Did you actually want to be out that quickly? I'm OK with a leisurely meal, within reason.

• 2 weeks later...
I have a question about reservations online for Givonni's. I looked recently and was able to reserve for dinner, however it would not show any times for lunch. Anyone know why this is? Do I have to reserve lunch onboard?

I believe Royal has discontinued advance bookings for lunch at specialty restaurants. You can make reservations on board.

It appears you can not get reservations for any of the specialty restaurants on Navigator for lunch, but last year they were not that crowded at Giovanni's was such a bargain enjoyed lunch as much as the dinner ( I think they are all open on sea days only for lunch), Chops is for suite only for lunch.

There is no problem asking your waiter to be finished with your meal by certain time. We do every time. They always make the deadline with a bit of time to spare. It does help if you already know what you want to order.

Just off Navigator and had dinner at Giovanni's one night. Food and service were fantastic, never felt rushed and still were done in just under 90 minutes. Also, as others have said, you can only book online for dinner. They encourage lunch reservations (only open for lunch on sea days) but they're not necessary. On Navigator, GT is right next to the Windjammer and we consistently saw them with a sign out front saying lunch was reduced from $15 to $12. Perhaps better to not pay ahead or worry about the discount.

There is no problem asking your waiter to be finished with your meal by certain time. We do every time. They always make the deadline with a bit of time to spare. It does help if you already know what you want to order.

thanks for the suggestion

Are you saying, we can't just wait until on the ship to book specialty restaurants? I am diamond if that helps. (not wanting to plan ahead)

Yes, you can wait until you are on the ship to book specialty restaurants. If you are particular about certain days or times, I would visit the restaurants soon after you board.

Are you saying, we can't just wait until on the ship to book specialty restaurants? I am diamond if that helps. (not wanting to plan ahead)

We had no problems booking on board for any of Navigator restaurant, Izumi was great will do it twice next month