Celebration benefits ?

ladyruby

If you are cruising at the time of the celebration you will get balloons and a poster on your door along with a small cake at dinner. You need to register this in the cruise personalizer. They used to also send you a birthday card to your email address however I don't think this happened this year.

If you are cruising at the time of the celebration you will get balloons and a poster on your door along with a small cake at dinner. You need to register this in the cruise personalizer. They used to also send you a birthday card to your email address however I don't think this happened this year.

Just got my birthday e-card the other day so they are still doing it. We had the birthday stuff on our cabin door in early February but it must have been a mistake since my birthday is March 2nd. It was likely for someone else as we were upgraded to that cabin shortly before the cruise.

On another cruise I entered the info for my wife's birthday into the personalizer but we didn't get anything. On the second or third day of the cruise I mentioned it to the steward and the sign and balloons magically appeared while we were out of the cabin. My wife declined the cake because she did not want the singing. When I mentioned it I got the evil eye. I resorted to the ever popular "yes, dear". :D

Actually, they will celebrate an occasion of it is within 3 months -either way- of your cruise. Of course it is always best if you have the occasion while on board, but the rest suffer along nicely.

We have celebrated a birthday and an anniversary on two different cruises.

As for the cake, I found them good. I had a piece on the day of the occasion and I finished it up over the next few days (it keeps well in the refrigerator).

Actually, they will celebrate an occasion of it is within 3 months -either way- of your cruise. Of course it is always best if you have the occasion while on board, but the rest suffer along nicely.

We have celebrated a birthday and an anniversary on two different cruises.

As for the cake, I found them good. I had a piece on the day of the occasion and I finished it up over the next few days (it keeps well in the refrigerator).

Ahhh... I didn't know that. There wasn't a cake voucher in the room though. That's fine with me as I don't normally eat cake anyway.

Ahhh... I didn't know that. There wasn't a cake voucher in the room though. That's fine with me as I don't normally eat cake anyway.

If you are in traditional dining, there is no voucher since the staff should have been made aware of the date you selected to celebrate on. If you are in anytime, the voucher should have been there.

If your selected date is a formal evening and you do not wish to have the cake that evening, no problem. If in traditional, let youyr waitstaff know you prefer to celebrate on a different day. If in anytime, just bring the voucher on the day you want.

The cake may vary a little from what is shown below.

980912280912CSGbirthdaycakeindiningroomDSC01225_zpsb3ba3dc6.jpg

Edited by caribill

The 'cake' has been downsized to more of a double-wide cupcake.

I doubt there is a passenger on ships who cannot finish in one go.

The 'cake' has been downsized to more of a double-wide cupcake.

The number of balloons on the door has also been downsized, from three to two.

Just like the number of musicians in some of the bands on board.

Just like the number of musicians in some of the bands on board.

Number of cruise staff, etc.

I remember when grand entered service, during the welcome aboard

show, they would bring out cruise staff, pelican pete, the youth staff

leader, the DJ, etc --- the people would span the stage.

Not anymore...