Does Princess give out pocket size deck plans?

MilliesMom

First I did try searching for this .... search engines go directly to a totally blank screen.

I know on some of our cruises we received a pocket size deck plan for the ship. Carnival does this, but couldn't remember if Princess did too. On Carnival we had to go to the Pursor's Desk to ask for them.

Yes, I realize there are maps/deck plans by the elevators.

If anyone needs a good app for your phone, iPad etc. I do like this app and use it often when booking a cruise. When we are up on deck I typically would not have the iPad or phone with me, so a pocket deck plan would be great.

https://shipmateapp.com/

As been posted, yes you will get one when you get your sea pass. Plus at each elevator lobby there will be a sign that shows what is on that particular deck. Even with all that, it still takes me a few days before I stop getting lost.:confused:

As been posted, yes you will get one when you get your sea pass. Plus at each elevator lobby there will be a sign that shows what is on that particular deck. Even with all that, it still takes me a few days before I stop getting lost.:confused:

Had to smile ... yes, we have gotten lost on the ship too even with a map. The worst was on the Mariner of the Seas. They had decks that ended and you couldn't easily get to another deck unless you knew the way. So crazy.

These are the electronic things that are making there way into cruise industry now. Soon all will have app that covers all the information on everything on the ship. You will walk into terminal wave phone or rfid braclet and you will be welcomed aboard and just walk on.

These are the electronic things that are making there way into cruise industry now. Soon all will have app that covers all the information on everything on the ship. You will walk into terminal wave phone or rfid braclet and you will be welcomed aboard and just walk on.

Sounds good to me .... :D

As said, you'll get a deck map at check-in when you receive your cruise card.

That said, the ShipMate app has deck plans for every ship so if you have a smart phone, you can check out where everything is either before or during your cruise.

As said, you'll get a deck map at check-in when you receive your cruise card.

That said, the ShipMate app has deck plans for every ship so if you have a smart phone, you can check out where everything is either before or during your cruise.

Pam ... thanks.

I do have the app (have had it for years) both on my iPad. Before I posted tonight I downloaded it to my android phone too. It is a great resource. I love the pocket size deck maps for carrying around on the ship. Most of the time I don't have my iPad or phone with me which is why I was asking about the pocket size one.

Considering the rate it's taken them to retrofit all the ships with on-demand TV's I think you'll be in for a long wait till that's introduced. :rolleyes:

Had to smile ... yes, we have gotten lost on the ship too even with a map. The worst was on the Mariner of the Seas. They had decks that ended and you couldn't easily get to another deck unless you knew the way. So crazy.

The grand class ships' decks 5 (piazza) and 6 (fiesta) have that problem where one cannot go from the bow to the stern. Some have the problem on their decks above the lido. All of them require you to use the elevator or stairs at he stern to access Skywalkers.

The little fold up maps they give you at check in also have your cabin number on them. There is no cabin number on your cruise card FWIW.

When you ask for an extra map, it comes without a cabin number unless you write it on there.

Edited by caribill