Adventures on the Allure, Teen family! 2/8/15, Western Caribbean, LOTS of Pictures!

Thank you! The Central Park tour is a free tour. I believe it's offered a couple of times during the week, so you can check the Cruise Compass. This one was at 9:30 am the first sea day. You just show up. I think there were probably 15 people or so in our group. Maybe more.

Thanks.

I noticed you signed up for the cupcake class. Was it the adult version?

Any feedback you'd like to share? Thanks!!!

We did, we signed up for the adult version and we did it on the 2nd sea day I think. You'll see pictures when we get to that day. Loved it. Very well done. I forgot to mention that because we signed up on embarkation day, we got one free cupcake for each of us that signed up! A great deal!

We left off at the end of the Central Park Tour....the plan was to meet the kids "somewhere in the Royal Promenade" for the Move It! Move It! Parade! Great plan right? There must have been at least 1000 of the 6000 people on board doing just that! So, Keith and I found a few chairs in front of Sorrentos and sat down. We knew Alex, and Alex eats pizza. Oddly enough, he doesn't really eat pizza at home though, just when we're on vacation. Strange kid. But we knew that if he came through the Royal Promenade, he'd stop for pizza....and sure enough - that they did! So, Megan and Alex stayed for the parade, while Keith went out to get some sun.

We told him to try to find two chairs by the Beach pool. Sure, we'd find him - how hard could it be? After all, the kids found us just now!

We were pretty early for the parade, so we just people watched for awhile. We looked over the Cruise Compass and planned out the rest of the day. Alex got more pizza....perfect spot to wait! And finally the parade started. Mind you, the pictures are really pretty bad. While our spot was good - it was horrible for pictures! The characters all came out right in front of us, and then turned one way or another. So, we saw them just fine, but there was no time to really set up for a picture. So, bear with me here!

These guys are probably my favorites!

16616808680_ffdae7ff8e_h.jpg

16184262923_2f9f63b588_h.jpg

16803086242_0c0f7085ae_h.jpg

Definitely another favorite of ours!

16616612318_d72f577454_h.jpg

16184266543_b85403db11_h.jpg

16804179575_9291487e81_h.jpg

Everyone loves a parade!

16778337576_5842832c75_h.jpg

16618084879_139e181f4b_h.jpg

16778349606_a36dedbe8c_h.jpg

16184297703_db6a8a5a2b_h.jpg

16184278563_acc78e0ee6_h.jpg

Well - that was fun! Now the plan was some pool time, and finding Keith. Somewhere along the way we stopped and took a couple of pictures....

The art by the elevators

16803124582_401bf4295c_h.jpg

Soooo loving your review. You made me laugh about meeting 'somewhere on the Promenade' and then realized the number of people. But sounds like you know your son. :D The parade looks awesome. Can't wait to take our kids. Thanks.

And here is an overhead view of Central Park

16616564408_ff2a225bf7_h.jpg

So, we made our way out to the pools...we walked by the Beach Pool...which by the way, we loved! Just the whole set up there. The chairs, the umbrellas, the design...but no Keith. Ok....we went to the Sports Pool. Nope, didn't see him there either.

16616852700_c5054bf7d8_h.jpg

Was he by the family pool? Is that even what it's called? Nope. Up to the next deck....was he just sleeping in the sun? Didn't see him. We walked and walked and looked and looked. Maybe he went to the Solarium? I did a quick walk through, but didn't see him. Fine - he's on his own, we're going to the pool!

We got towels, I got a chair and the kids went in the pool. To be honest, it wasn't the warmest or sunniest of days. There were plenty of open chairs to be found and before long I got a great spot right in front of the pool. For the most part, Alex and Megan were the only two in the pool.

16181792584_30b3dcd763_h.jpg

There was some Caribbean music by the pool...very nice!

16616747560_ae6b80e918_h.jpg

16804105945_80ac31fc03_h.jpg

At some point the kids must have left to go get changed. We had plans to go see Ice Games at 5:00. I went to the Solarium for a bit, just to see if Keith was there, and hang out for a bit.

16778252536_84f864f62b_h.jpg

He wasn't there.....I assumed he enjoyed his day of peace and quiet, sleeping in the sort of sun!

I've left you hanging haven't I? Sorry - it's been a crazy few days!

So, just where was Keith for the entire day? Well, after I spent some time in the Solarium, I went back to the cabin and he was sitting out on the balcony reading. So, I asked him if he'd been there all day? He said, no, but he was up on the sports deck by the basketball courts. Why in the world was he up there? He said it was the only place he could find two chairs together and then he just fell asleep for the afternoon. Well, good for him! So, he had his day in the sun, and we had our day by the pool!

The kids and I went to Ice Games which was at 5:00. We'd seen the ice show in the Navigator, so we were familiar with the style of the show and we knew just how talented the skaters were on these ships!

16802999331_306b8370b9_h.jpg

They try to make the theme a game type event based on the themes of the ship. I think it's a stretch to bring in the game aspect, but they do a nice job highlighting some of the venues of the ship. I've heard some people complain that it's just a big advertisement for the Allure, but I really liked the show and it does have to showcase something, so why not the ship?

16804101095_c9fd82e877_h.jpg

16617978619_d8dafa191b_h.jpg

16181760324_8623572605_h.jpg

16596811687_d59739c025_h.jpg

After the show it was time to head back to get ready for dinner. Tonight was the first formal night, and our first night in the Main Dining Room! We had 8:00 reservations, so our timing was pretty good tonight!

Tonight was formal night in the Main Dining Room....which meant Megan and I were happy about getting dressed up and Keith and Alex, well not so much! Keith is of the side that he's on vacation and shouldn't have to wear a jacket and tie, he should be comfortable. Alex, well - he's 15 and doesn't really care to impress his family with his attire! But Megan, well, you remember the nail crisis right? Extend that to dressing up! And me, well, I like to go out with my whole family for a night when we're all dressed!

So, for me, I do like formal night. And remember, I was planning on trying to get the picture package too, so that meant I was going to get everyone to pose for at least one or two posed picture! Oh, they loved me tonight! We didn't have time for pictures on the way to dinner, but of course you get the lovely pictures at the table when you usually have food in your mouth! And the table is a mess!

The meal itself? I can't really remember! There were no complaints. I do recall that our server was attentive and the pace that night was fine. We all enjoyed what we got to eat and while nothing was outstanding, nothing was bad. I'd say we were all happy with our meals!

Oh, looks like Alex got the souffle for dessert! I do remember that and that he liked it!

16804084305_29fe8308a7_h.jpg

Just a couple of the formal night photos

16184144903_91526159e6_h.jpg

16181721584_d9f80011d4_h.jpg

16616684660_5cc2d3704e_h.jpg

And the all squish together picture!

16616485848_31b882c971_h.jpg

After dinner Keith and Alex split up from Megan and I, and Megan and I went to see Chicago. Yes by now it was late! I'm pretty sure that Keith and Alex went to the Ocean Aria show. Alex told Keith how good it was, and wanted him to see it. Megan and I had 10:30 reservations for Chicago.

16596818657_8f267ad69b_h.jpg

Megan is a huge theater kid...she's a performer and dancer, so for her theater is 2nd nature. She knows all of the songs from Chicago, but was it a favorite show of hers? No, definitely not. Did she like it? Absolutely! Did I think it was appropriate for her? Sure, not a problem. It was no more than PG-13, and she has certainly seen that subject matter on tv and in the movies.

As far as the performance itself, it was very good. The actors were great and if you are familiar with the story line, I think you would like it. We did!

So, it was a packed first sea day on the Allure! We loved it! Tomorrow would be our day in Labadee!

Today was already day 3! Our first port day, Labadee. Of the cruises we'd been on before, this was the first time we'd ever been to one of the cruise line's own ports. I can't really say island, because Labadee isn't an island. But we were looking forward to today! Typically we're not beach goers on cruises. We're more of active excursion people. Not that we mind some time on a beach, and as you might guess, by Keith's missing day yesterday, he could spend an entire day parked on a chair at the beach, but when we're out at a destination, especially with the kids, we usually prefer a somewhat active type day. So this was a totally different type of day for us!

So, way, way back in the fall, or maybe it was late summer, I can't really remember when, I got caught up in the hype and booked a cabana for us. There was a super short window of opportunity to book them online and I was able to get a beach cabana. So, we were off the ship fairly early and ready to see just what Labadee had to offer!

It was a beautiful day, and we were ready!

Our first time really standing next to the ship - yup, this is one big ship!

16718974530_5c8bd32184_h.jpg

Look out Labadee, here come the masses of people!

16699074347_c8d24f2e7e_h.jpg

But before the fun....that's right, pictures!

16718669668_8e190e2c3a_h.jpg

I do love the shifty eye look that Alex is giving Megan here!

16718668308_25fdf36f23_h.jpg

16718669148_8be8889491_h.jpg

First up, Keith and Alex decided they wanted to sign up for the wave runners. So before heading to our cabana, they took care of that. They had a 1:00 slot available. We then walked over to where the tram was to take us over to Nellies' Beach.

16718739908_404202e648_h.jpg

And this little known device on top of the ship? It's actually a crane! Should one of the trees in the Central Park have to ever be replaced - since they can't be replaced as seedlings because it would be aesthetically incorrect, a full size tree could be lowered into the Park with this crane while the ship was docked. This was added just for the Central Park on both the Oasis and Allure. Neither have ever been used.

16181824784_1f6dfc3b74_h.jpg

That's the official cover story anyway. The truth is Allure is being transferred to Japan and this is a whale harpoon.

It was a festive environment, and everyone around was just looking to have a fantastic day!

16905407271_71cf504a22_h.jpg

We got to our cabana, and were introduced to our butler. He gave us the rundown of how the cabana system worked, and we went into the water. Here's a pretty shaded picture, but you get the idea of how the beach cabana looks.

16880522316_cc77fed2b9_h.jpg

Here are some Over the Water cabanas

16286398883_6ef8003a78_h.jpg

the cabanas come with I think 6 bottles of water? Towels, which I had forgotten, which is why we carried our own, and also 2 of the water floating mats. We left our stuff and into the water we went!

16286363663_a10a3319ff_h.jpg

You can get a good view of the beach cabanas here in the background

16718953640_67fc09cfe5_h.jpg

This is truly the life!

16718719108_613de8021b_h.jpg

That's the official cover story anyway. The truth is Allure is being transferred to Japan and this is a whale harpoon.

When is that supposed to happen. We wanted to possibly take a family cruise including grandkids on the Allure